What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The last series

Brilliant or derp playcalling?

• Total voters
Mixture of luck and good clock management. I cannot tell you how pathetic it looked for Sefo to be playing a game of tag to run out the clock though. A P12 team having to finesse it's way to running out the clock against the worst D1 team in America...totally embarassing.

It was pathetic and small-time. If you won't run the ball three times then you shouldn't be coaching at a P5 school. Small-time loser mentality. Keep fist-pumping.

A W is a W.

I don't care how we won, as long as we got the dubya.

Last edited:
It was pathetic and small-time. If you won't run the ball three times then you shouldn't be coaching at a P5 school. Small-time loser mentality. Keep fist-pumping.

I'm sure you say the same thing when teams take a knee

You mean small time winner mentality. Scoreboard bitch

THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac had already rolled the dice once that final possession by calling for a pass and getting the 1st down.

I couldn't find the video, but back in 1999, Baylor, up 24-21, with 4 seconds on the clock, ran a play on the opponent's goal line to punch one more score in, rather than take a knee. They fumbled and it was run back for a TD by UNLV.

Oh, and **** Bailer!

I couldn't find the video, but back in 1999, Baylor, up 24-21, with 4 seconds on the clock, ran a play on the opponent's goal line to punch one more score in, rather than take a knee. They fumbled and it was run back for a TD by UNLV.

Oh, and **** Bailer!
Also happened in an NFL game. I'm thinking Giants and Philly maybe. You have to remember, in that situation, they (defense) could care less about tackling the guy. They are trying to strip the ball. It's a lot different than running the ball during the game where they are more focused on tackling the runner.

It worked, it was brilliant, if somewhat poorly executed. If it hadn't worked, derp. Like all things CU football, it was pretty damn close to a derp if it wasn't all derp.

Pretty sure Mac was fist pumping because he saw his career going up in smoke if they had lost that game.

I was listening to the post game and apparently a helmet came off before the last play or the one before. The clock was supposed to be reset to a 40 second clock due to this and it was only reset to 25 seconds...which is why MM was yelling at the ref. In that scenario it wouldn't have mattered on the last play, they would have needed to even take the last snap. Just my two cents of what i heard.

I just watched the end and I didn't see any helmets come off....so I don't know what they were talking about....or else I just missed it.

I was listening to the post game and apparently a helmet came off before the last play or the one before. The clock was supposed to be reset to a 40 second clock due to this and it was only reset to 25 seconds...which is why MM was yelling at the ref. In that scenario it wouldn't have mattered on the last play, they would have needed to even take the last snap. Just my two cents of what i heard.

There was a clock re-set along with CU getting a 25 second play clock. They'd been messing around and the game clock had gone down to 1:40. The official had it re-set to 1:56 but set the CU play clock to 25 seconds. I don't know if that was the correct call or not, but it did dramatically alter the clock management scenario for that final series.

Translation reminder - "I hate this coaching staff hire and am going to find any way to bash them until they are fired!"

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure at what point in the last possession it happened. I see what you 're talking about now. Either way....it was a skin of the teeth win. I'll take it.

We won.
There are ways to eat clock in every sport I have ever played from Wrestling to Basketball, it does not always look good but it is usually the smart.

Did we look great winning against a weak team, no. This is not a team that I am going to spend time worrying about optics. We have a road win and the Buffs had not had very many of those recently.

voted brilliant. I actually think they were coaching to win the game. Sad there was no confidence to be able to pound the ball in there and try to get the first down. Sucking for a decade will do that to you I guess? This team needs to learn how to force their will at least some on the opposing team.

Back