What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Official I love you HC Mike MacIntyre!!!

I think we will be lucky if we get 3. We looked waaaaaay better today than last year but it's not hard to look better against a crappy MW team. We have one win, and a nail biting end of the wire win at that, against the second worst team on our schedule (possibly the worst). We should win next week but as for the rest of the season we are going to have to play lights out and catch the other team on a bad day to pull any more victories out.

We're moving in the right direction but we have a long way to go before we will be able to hold our own in the P12.

Lets just say we beat C. Arky. All we would have to do us get 1 win out of 10 tries. Doesn't seem to daunting.

I think we will be lucky if we get 3. We looked waaaaaay better today than last year but it's not hard to look better against a crappy MW team. We have one win, and a nail biting end of the wire win at that, against the second worst team on our schedule (possibly the worst). We should win next week but as for the rest of the season we are going to have to play lights out and catch the other team on a bad day to pull any more victories out.

We're moving in the right direction but we have a long way to go before we will be able to hold our own in the P12.
the only reason I disagree with you is... And this is a leap.... If MacIntyre can fix the special teams..... We should beat Central Arkansas and have a few PAC wins.....

special teams made this a nail biter.

I wonder if we will have some sort of "signature" win this year. You know, beat a team we are a big underdog to.

USC is on my wish list! We will probably be a multi touchdown dog but lets see..... Would be a monster for recruiting

But now back to Central Ark..... :saythat:

USC is on my wish list! We will probably be a multi touchdown dog but lets see..... Would be a monster for recruiting

But now back to Central Ark..... :saythat:
Cal or USC at the end of the year seem possible. Cal always find a way to play to the competition and, if this season goes anything like last year, SC could be in full-on meltdown mode by the end of November. With both games in Boulder, I like our chances of winning one.

Anyone have highlights for the game? Ive been searching and cant find any and I want to watch them like now.

Feel great about the game today, and some of the other results of the weekend. I had this team pegged at 4-8......and I want to reserve the right to change my prediction if we run the table in the OOC. On top of that, who knows what kind of shape Oregon State will be in in 3 weeks. They probably have more talent, but that's the kind of loss that can ruin a season.....

One game at a time. Everything will suck again if we find a way to lose to Central Arkansas.

Feel great about the game today, and some of the other results of the weekend. I had this team pegged at 4-8......and I want to reserve the right to change my prediction if we run the table in the OOC. On top of that, who knows what kind of shape Oregon State will be in in 3 weeks. They probably have more talent, but that's the kind of loss that can ruin a season.....

Like losing to Sacramento State?

Well, last season was probably toast before that, but it sure didn't help.

OK all you lubbers. Remember how much love you have today when times get rough! :smile2:

Anyone have highlights for the game? Ive been searching and cant find any and I want to watch them like now.

It amazes me that in this day and age, it is impossible to get CU highlights within 2 hours of a game ending. You won't see any until tomorrow, and the earliest. Likely you won't get any until Tuesday.

It amazes me that in this day and age, it is impossible to get CU highlights within 2 hours of a game ending. You won't see any until tomorrow, and the earliest. Likely you won't get any until Tuesday.
PAC12 Networks edits out all the dead time and the game is one hour. But that probably won't be out until after Monday.

Our talent has to get better, that's obvious. I thought AG played really well, he sees and feels the game, like he was made for it. Most important, the attitude and how the team carried themselves is very much different. It'll take a bit but I really like this coach, it's clear he knows what the hell he is doing. If u work under Parcells for a bit, you are bound to learn a thing or two. I was encouraged today, we even hauled ass home and I got to watch it in the cave.

I'll take this win and be happy with it. It is completely cliche, but one game at a time for this team, after the chaos that has been the past 2 years. I commented to my husband early in the game about the look of the coaches that were up in the booth, they looked calm, professional and just normal, completely different from what I witnessed watching the games last year on tv (when I could stand to watch) or what I viewed when I went to the games.

The team looked totally different in their attitude, composure and the simple things like tackling, attacking the line and recovering from screw-ups (special teams coverage). They were fast and just looked so much more organized.

I'm on the "love train" tonight as well. I just hope HCMM smashed the special teams coaches Birthday cake in his face after the game (kidding, unless this continues). Kickers did great, and I'm glad we have a versatile punter, it looks like we will need it. No one on the schedule is going to take a fair catch or a knee in the endzone after watching film from this game.

But dang it, GO BUFFS!!! I am so glad to see performances out of most of the team that anyone could be proud of!!

Last edited:
Most encouraging was they kept mistakes to a minimum. But oh, those special teams - at least we have a coach who had the ball kicked out of bounds after a couple of fiascos. But some of you don't realize just how bad CSU is - we will play teams with actual talent. For example, Cal's got a talent advantage and is obviously much better coached now. And USC just has too much for us, I'm afraid. But seeing this team will encourage some recruits, and that's a big deal.

I am surprised espn even showed them last night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I think our fan base here at AB has a pretty balanced approach this morning. CSU is a better team this year than the one that beat us last year, but they aren't going to go bowling or anything. That pro-style offense just sucks. They really couldn't do much with 2 very good TE's and if I was a Ewe-fan, I'd be asking how EWU puts 50 on a PAC12 team, but CSU can muster about 13 points of offense with a veteran loaded offense? Remember, they have 6 returning starters with 5 of them seniors up front.

On to C.Ark. They will have a much better QB, WR corp, and a lot more speed. They will play fast and they will run us. To me, this is a far scarier matchup.

Lots of work ahead, a tough schedule, etc.

I fear C.Ark more than USC at home. Sure USC is more talented, but they won't come in with heart, especially once their dreams have been crushed by then.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ahoelsken

Like losing to Sacramento State?

Well, last season was probably toast before that, but it sure didn't help.

are you talking about when Oregon State lost at home to Sac State 2 years ago and their season hit the crapper?

Back