What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Pirate claims TG a scoundrel

Pitt State used to play Western State in Gunnison on a regular basis, and they'd always practice at our high school field before heading over to Western.

I think I was a 7th grader when I first saw them, and I remember being amazed at how big some of the guys were. And this was like D2 in the 80s.

I totally thought the Gorillas was the coolest mascot, too.

They still play? I don't think I've heard of them or don't recall.

Sure do.

Pittsburg State Gorillas football

The Pittsburg State Gorillas football team represents Pittsburg State University in collegiate level football. The Pittsburg State football team was formed in 1908, competes in NCAA Division II and is affiliated with the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA). The Gorillas play their home games at Carnie Smith Stadium, more commonly referred to as "The Jungle", in Pittsburg, Kansas. Pittsburg State has won more games than any other program in NCAA Division II history.[2] It has won four national championships (1957, 1961, 1991 and 2011) and 27 conference championships, including 13 conference titles in 20 seasons under former head coach Chuck Broyles.

Disclaimer: I didn't go to CU; I became a fan due to becoming involved with a die-hard CU alum/football fan.

I was in graduate school at Texas Tech during the Leach years; thus, I'm quite fond of him. I swear - on Monday mornings, me and my fellow graduate student football fans would discuss the latest "Leachspeak" to come out of the weekend press conferences and post-game interviews. It was hilarious. I was only a teaching assistant and never dealt with coaches, but my PhD student friends who had their own classes said he was pretty good about making sure his players made it to class (Bobby Knight was there at that time; he was the BEST at making sure his students did their work, according to my friends). Anyway, we Tech fans hated the way TTU treated Leach; the program hasn't been the same since. And Kliff Kingsbury is boring as heck in interviews compared to Leach, too.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ge-football-coaches-wildest-autograph-stories
Mike Leach was sitting at a table one summer signing autographs as head coach at Texas Tech when about four or five giggling fans approached him. Leach guessed they were in their mid-30s to early 40s and said they couldn't contain their laughter.
"They throw this bra on the table, and I'm not kidding you, this bra could easily hold volleyballs in either side," Leach said. "I mean, it's just a monster bra. Some people talk about double D's -- this would be double volleyballs. I look up because this is kind of a new one. I look up and they're still laughing. They say, 'Could you sign this?'"
Leach wasn't quite sure what to make of it. He asked whose bra it was. "They go, 'Uh, uh' -- and they point back and there's this lady who's laughing herself and is bright red, and it's their mother. It's their mother!"
"I don't know what exactly happened, but there was some sense of victory on the part of the kids that they talked mom out of her bra," he said. "So I'm looking back at her because this bra is big enough that ... so yeah, I happily and proudly signed it. I mean, if anybody's going to put that much energy and thinking and collaboration and teamwork into getting an autograph, I'm more than happy to do it and I'm just honored they asked.

This may be the most esoteric title for a thread that ran over a month on AB.

Things are just more hilarious when you can relate... I'm going through the wedding planning process right now... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hahaha. I went through this for about a month and I was ****ing over it! I told my fiancée, “**** this, this is nonsense. I’m not paying $20K for an empty room because it’s industrial and some god damn food carts with chips and salsa. We’re going to Hawaii, I don’t know anyone I want to buy a $90 dinner for, let alone 100.”

So yeah, Maui it is next August. She tried pulling the **** with the save the dates, I told her to just pick one and be done with it. I run this establishment, for now.

Hahaha. I went through this for about a month and I was ****ing over it! I told my fiancée, “**** this, this is nonsense. I’m not paying $20K for an empty room because it’s industrial and some god damn food carts with chips and salsa. We’re going to Hawaii, I don’t know anyone I want to buy a $90 dinner for, let alone 100.”

So yeah, Maui it is next August. She tried pulling the **** with the save the dates, I told her to just pick one and be done with it. I run this establishment, for now.
Key Phrase "for now". If you want to see a documentary on married life, binge watch "Married with Children". Us old married guys laugh with tears of pain in our eyes......

So you would have no problems with Leach replacing HCMM?

I love Mike Leach, but you know what you're getting with him. A fun offense, hilarious quotes, and a team that will probably make a decent bowl game every year, while at the same time having at least one WTF loss per season, come up short in at least a few key moments every year, and never win a championship.

After the initial honeymoon period, I highly doubt that Allbuffs would treat Leach much differently than they treat MM.

Leach is actually scary smart. Which is why he would never set foot in Boulder.

Back