What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes....

dbt your right i could tell matt was very pissed!!! i bet the new sign reads...run hard play hard = sit on the bench...go get em cody!!! :rolleyes:

Who would like to take some sidewalk chalk (believe me, with a 6 year old, I have tons of the stuff) and write "The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes will not be entrusted to the timid or the weak" on the sidewalk where the team goes through the tunnel of fans?

Isn't it funny that we all know that quote, though? So it may or may not have "he" in it. so what? The meaning doesn't change. That's my point. Generations of CU students have gone in and out of that library and have seen that inscription. At first, it doesn't mean much, but after you've been there four years, you start to get it. It means something. It's a common bond that all CU students share.

Mac's quote is the same kind of thing. I think it's a travesty that it's no longer in the locker room.
Next thing you know they will be dancing around Asherah polls and sacrificing children to Baal.

coaches don't get to get rid of winning traditions unless they replace them with more winning traditions

Is there any truth Hawk put up a sign that said:"Participate like a Champion Today".?

What I want to know is, what does Hawks new sign say? "Let's go on out there and see what happens with the little things. Get your horn protectors out. Otherwise you might hurt somebody, and it's all fun and games until someones juice box gets spilled."

FIFY:sad2:

To be fair, Hawk started some good traditions too like the player walk to the stadium and touching the buffalo outside the field house. I really like those.

At the end of the day I could really care less what he does to our traditions if he started kicking ass in the B12 and winning NC's. Traditions are fun but winning is funner. Kick some ass and win some games Hawk!!

Hawk as a coach is like a woman you are dating. If she is hot and puts out and is great in bed, then you like her quirks, or are at least willing to put up with them. If she holds out forever, then she is just an irritating bitch and needs to shut up and get the **** out.

His quirks would be endearing if he was 'putting out' wins, but since he is not, he is just irritating as ****.:cool:

Hawk as a coach is like a woman you are dating. If she is hot and puts out and is great in bed, then you like her quirks, or are at least willing to put up with them. If she holds out forever, then she is just an irritating bitch and needs to shut up and get the **** out.

His quirks would be endearing if he was 'putting out' wins, but since he is not, he is just irritating as ****.:cool:

Hey, thanks for the laugh today. :lol:

Also, to be accurate, Mike Bohn was much more the creator of the Buff Walk than Hawk. He's been the one marketing this as "Your Team". Hawk was rolling with the your team for awhile but has now turtled with his paranoia. Dude needs thicker skin.

well...lou holtz put up the 'play like a champion today' sign in the mid 80s....make a NEW sign....DO IT...DO IT...

:lol::thumbsup:

In fairness to Hawk though, I heard he puts out.

I don't get some of this talk. I went to every home football game while Klatt was quarterback and McChesney was playing. That team was mediocre(at best), and I was continually dissapointed game in and game out. We had no young talent, our position players made no impact, our secondary was the worst in the country (anyone remember Phil Jackson?), and Klatt could never win the big game against a big time opponet(or even play well for that matter). At least we have some talent now (Anyone notice Polk last game?). Klatt and McChesney produced far too few wins to be mouthing off like they are now.

I would take that over 15-29 any day.

:rofl2:

What's it say over the entrance to the Law Library?
:confused:

I don't know. I graduated from the law school, but the first time I went to the law library I took one of the books from the shelf, held it upside down and shook it. Not one dollar fell out, so I never opened a law book again.

:wink2:

rep delivered. :lol:

she would tell me stories about player traditions being changed, and players from previous teams not feeling welcome around the athletic department.

Alienate your old players, disregard existing traditions. Didn't work for NU, not gonna work for us. NU was able to make the change, lets hope we can do the same.

I can tell you that has happened at the Dal Ward

I wonder if the team even knows the words to

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey think they can beat dem Buffalos Who Dey Who Dey

The players from the GB regime and previous ones sang it with heart and didn't want anyone else signing it.

I wonder if the team even knows the words to

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey think they can beat dem Buffalos Who Dey Who Dey

The players from the GB regime and previous ones sang it with heart and didn't want anyone else signing it.

Which is weird to me because I think it's originally a Cincinatti Bengals thing.

Back