What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The SEC is doomed

I agree. The money and demographics are too powerful in the long run. Although I still would like to see the post about SEC fat people running faster than fat people elsewhere. That would be pretty funny. Caffeine injected into the butter, perhaps?

I think it's simple demographics, actually. More fat people per capita...some of them were bound to be athletic.

Most of UM 1st rounders were when they were in the Big East. Those numbers don't include last year's draft which SEC had 10 1st round and ACC had 2. If you don't count them then you have 12 teams vs 10 teams.

They do however take their basketball and lacrosse seriously.

And of the first 2 rounds they had 15 to your 10.

That Miami team was from '01 was ****ing loaded though. Holy **** that team was great.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. "As many" does not mean surpass or eclipse. The ACC keeps up, but it's not like other conferences aren't represented. I'm not going to give the SEC a rimjob because of something statistically insignificant. It's not like the SEC puts in guys in the league 3 deviations from the norm with respect to other conferences. You guys put in more, but it's not like everyone else is a HS team. Give me a break.

If you look at the demographics, the South (and Florida, esp Miami-Dade) is where the talent lies. That's the SEC's stomping grounds and why the SEC and ACC garner a lot of attention. Per capita the South (and Florida) have more guys in the NFL than any other league.

That's a component of why SEC football is king right now, but it's not the only one. Clemson and VT are really the only "football" schools in the ACC, with Miami and FSU needing to get their **** together.

It's troo. There are people in the ACC footprint that are both fat and fast.

There is no theory, somebody can play, they can play. The SEC is the end all be all is bull****. If we are talking front 7, Ill listen to u. The crap that their speed is different is bull****. You should understand being the opposite of 35 that this runs in cycles. I seem to remember Tommy Frazier ass raping Florida. Auburn wanted U$C that year u spoke of? Yeah ok. You let your arrogance override your brain.

I think TF was from Florida.

If you want to talk cycles we can go. It will involve desegregation, the emergence of football in Florida, and the changing of recruiting black athletes to other regions. I think we are at a new status quo until something major changes.

I think TF was from Florida.

If you want to talk cycles we can go. It will involve desegregation, the emergence of football in Florida, and the changing of recruiting black athletes to other regions. I think we are at a new status quo until something major changes.

I think the point of the article was that something has changed. We'll see if it's enough.

tigers.jpg
The SEC while always good, has not always dominated. College football goes in cycles and so to go power conferences.
Things have changed with intergreation. Black kids prefer to stay at home now in the South. They don't have to freeze their asses off in horrible places like Lincoln or South Bend. They don't have to go thousands of miles away to the west coast or places like Boulder where the black population is less than 1%. Until something drastic happens and Southern universities can't keep their recruits - black and white at home Ted Miller is dreaming a pipe dream. Universities like LSU and Alabama have thousands of black students.

Last edited:
You need to work on your reading comprehension. "As many" does not mean surpass or eclipse. The ACC keeps up, but it's not like other conferences aren't represented. I'm not going to give the SEC a rimjob because of something statistically insignificant. It's not like the SEC puts in more guys in the league 3 deviations from the norm with respect to other conferences. You guys put in more, but it's not like everyone else is a HS team. Give me a break.

I think a ten year sample is a good enough. Is 397 as many as 451?

Yeah he was from Florida and didnt stay in the SEC because it runs in cycles. Nebraska was bigger at that time than anybody in the SEC no matter how many stadiums got filled. He was gonna go to CU but we got Kordell instead. No need to make it a race thing especially from a Bama fan lol. Seriously? With a Bear Bryant statue? Mutha****er please.

Last edited:
Yeah he was from Florida and didnt stay in the SEC because it runs in cycles. Nebraska was bigger at that time than anybody in the SEC no matter how many stadiums got filled. He was gonna go to CU but we got Kordell instead. No need to make it a race thing especially from a Bama fan lol.

I am a Bama fan so I wear a sheet on my head?

I dont know what u wear nor care, ur a Bama homer and I could sit here and tell you all the terrible **** about your school and it wouldnt matter. They put more guys in the NFL that cant read than anybody. What happens when they cant play anymore and have no education? Im sure mighty Nick could answer that.

I just don't see kids leaving the south anymore though and that's where the talent is, especially along the lines since it seems southern teams have great DT and DE talent on just about every team every year. With the population moving south and/or west the pac12 is in a great spot because there is no sec or acc out here. Instead we have the mwc.

The pac12 does need better scouting because those wac\mwc guys drafted need to be going to pac12 schools and the big12 is going to lose talent, notably weird aggy talent, to the sec. With tamu letting the sec in to Texas that number of guys drafted is going to surge.

And Bama while it helps to have guys drafted, as someone else posted the number of guys on nfl rosters, well, the acc tops the sec. And do pro bowlers.

Before u answer, let it be known one of my best friends played there and led the SEC in rushing one year. I also heard how Bama operates and it wasnt exactly good unless it was helping Bama on the field, trust me.

It's possible that the race thing has legs. Maybe not the "black people don't like the cold" part, but possibly the "A percentage of black people are more comfortable in concentrations of people who look like them" aspect of the argument.

But ultimately, I think folks (of any color) are comfortable in certain environments that are similar in some ways to the place they were raised.

For instance, I'm from Oregon but hated Purdue, and the entire midwest, so I transferred to Colorado where I was quite comfortable. I don't see most folks that grew up in the Rocky Mountain region as being particularly comfortable in the South. I know I'm not comfortable there, as I've stated before.

But that goes two ways. I don't think Southerners are always content in Boulder. We've lost football players in the past because they just weren't feeling it there. Similarly, our student population doesn't reflect a strong Southern represenation.

If we're willing to make an argument that there is a higher concentration of quality athletes in the South--many of whom are black--than say the state of Colorado, than...I think I lost my train of thought here....but you guys get what I'm trying to say.

I dont know what u wear nor care, ur a Bama homer and I could sit here and tell you all the terrible **** about your school and it wouldnt matter. They put more guys in the NFL that cant read than anybody. What happens when they cant play anymore and have no education? Im sure mighty Nick could answer that.

I doubt you can tell me anything I don't know. BTW of the ten worst wonderlic scores in the history of the NFL Bama has none.

It's possible that the race thing has legs. Maybe not the "black people don't like the cold" part, but possibly the "A percentage of black people are more comfortable in concentrations of people who look like them" aspect of the argument.

But ultimately, I think folks (of any color) are comfortable in certain environments that are similar in some ways to the place they were raised.

For instance, I'm from Oregon but hated Purdue, and the entire midwest, so I transferred to Colorado where I was quite comfortable. I don't see most folks that grew up in the Rocky Mountain region as being particularly comfortable in the South. I know I'm not comfortable there, as I've stated before.

But that goes two ways. I don't think Southerners are always content in Boulder. We've lost football players in the past because they just weren't feeling it there. Similarly, our student population doesn't reflect a strong Southern represenation.

If we're willing to make an argument that there is a higher concentration of quality athletes in the South--many of whom are black--than say the state of Colorado, than...I think I lost my train of thought here....but you guys get what I'm trying to say.

Someone needs to open a soul food restaurant in Boulder?

Not really a race thing with me, my friend is black. Race dont have a thing to do with what goes on there but u can think what u want Charlie.

Before u answer, let it be known one of my best friends played there and led the SEC in rushing one year. I also heard how Bama operates and it wasnt exactly good unless it was helping Bama on the field, trust me.

Say hello to Shaun Alexander for me then because he is the only back UA has that has lead the league in rushing since integration.

Wonderlic? Really? Not everybody took it man, just enjoy your bought product on the field man. I hope it feels dirty as hell cause it is.

Say hello to Shaun Alexander for me then because he is the only back UA has that has lead the league in rushing since integration.
2003, Cobbs played one less game for whatever reason and Cadillac has less yards. If they gave it to Cobbs, I dont see why. 1,367 was the number that year or should have been, nobody else got that much.

2003, Cobbs played one less game for whatever reason and Cadillac has less yards. If they gave it to Cobbs, I dont see why. 1,367 was the number that year or should have been, nobody else got that much.

Cobbs played for Arkansas and Caddy played for the barn.

The SEC gives the rushing leader to the player with the highest YPG average not total yards. They changed it in 1970.

Why? Nick cant read?

The SEC had 49 players selected in last month's NFL draft, the 11th time in the past 13 years that it tied or led for the most draft picks among college football conferences.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=5176786

****! I was so wrapped up in work I missed the draft last month! Who'd the Broncos get?

When I was a kid (during CU's glory years) there wasn't a lot of talk about the SEC. In fact, the SEC won as many titles in the last five years as it did between 1980 and 2005. So, yeah, the SEC is on top right now. That probably won't always be the case.

Back