What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Twins - Peggy & Betty

One memory that I will always have was at this year's August preseason luncheon in Balch. I was sitting somewhat behind the table where Peggy and Betty were sitting. When the players came in they all stopped to give Peggy and Betty a hug, which had an element of humor to it as they are (maybe) 5 feet tall and each player had to bend WAY OVER to hug them. But hug them they did and the players appeared to be happy to do it.

Edit: Probably added another 10-15 minutes to the event due to the amount of time it took for all the players to work their way through the line. No one seemed to mind and wouldn't dare say anything if they did.

Last edited:
Early last summer I got a call from an old friend (Cole) who got his journalism degree from Northwestern, who now works for the Huffington Post. One of his colleagues, was on vacation in Colorado and had stopped in Luckys Market, saw the Twins grocery shopping together wearing there CU gear, and snapped a couple of pictures of them. After returning to work she showed the pic's to Cole. When Cole called me he asked if I knew how he could get a hold of the Twins, because he wanted to do a story on them. So I gave him all the info I had on the Athletic Dept. thinking they would be able to get him in touch with Peggy and Betty and also telling him the Twins are very well known and beloved by all alum and fans and have been honored at numerous sporting events. Cole told me that he would give me a heads up when they would run the story, but as of this day I have yet to hear back from him. I can only assume at this point his boss decided against it.

We should have had 21 points at halftime. Very uncharacteristic how we couldn't punch it in from short yardage down at the goal line.
Today's replay would have given the Buffs at least two of those scores. But, back then it was what the refs saw! Not any video camera.

Back