What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is no longer a bad football team

This was the 2005 ISU game all over again. Seniors Vickers and Klatt both had turnovers in the second half that were returned 63 yards for TD's allowing CU to lose a come from ahead game. The team quit on Barnett that day and he was fired after the Big 12 loss, 7000-3, to UT next.

It is pretty amazing that MacIntyre has not lost this team yet given the past two seasons. But this loss to USC feels like it could be his "ISU". The seniors are done. No bowl, no more home games. MacIntyre is not even trying to hide his disdain for his QB of the next two games. At least one player is publically tweeting he has all but given up.

It will be interesting to see if the coach and team have enough juice to keep fighting for the remaining two games given that the season goals are lost. I truely believe that the next two games will be make-or-break for MacIntyre in Boulder. If the team plays with heart the next two games then 2016 may see an upswing in success. If the players have quit for the season and get blown out at WSU and at UU than I see a strong probability of a fracured team that will almost no chance of success in 2016.
Good thing there aren't many seniors...

No.... no, actually we ARE a bad team... That's.... why we have won 2 conference games in 3 years... That's why we screw up and blow it in every game that we are close in. Good teams find a way to win games, bad teams find a way to lose games. How are people here not seeing that?

We aren't even getting our opponents' full effort and they are still all beating us. Do you really think they are preparing and playing with the same focus & intensity when they play "2 wins in 3 years" Colorado as they would if they are playing a conference contender team?

Tell anyone, ANYONE outside of the CU fan base that CU is actually a good team and watch their reaction. They will laugh at you

Did I say we were a good team?? Lots of panties in bunches around here. Certainly we're mediocre at best...but go back and look at the team from say, 2012, and tell me we're not miles ahead of where we were then. THAT was a bad football team...lost conference games by an average of like 40 points! Guess I'm just a realist. We've gon toe to toe with top 25 level teams this year, I'll take that as progress. If it's only about wins to some, I get it, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether this team is better.

My bad, I didn't realize you were using the 2012 team as the standard to determine whether a team is bad or not. Now that I know what you mean, I agree with you now, we are not a bad team. But neither are about 110 other division 1 teams... so what's the point of this thread again?

Most fan bases don't compare their current team to the worst team in their school's history to determine how they should feel about it

Most fan bases don't compare their current team to the worst team in their school's history to determine how they should feel about it

Yes, doing so is just a setup for being accepting The current situation. Compare CU to the teams in it's conference to understand if the team is good, mediocre, or bad. In 2015 there have been absolutely zero results that allow CU to grade out at good or mediocre.

Compare the recruiting class of 2016 to CU's current past and you can get warm all over inside. Compare this recruiting class to the other teams in the Pac-12 and you can see that the talent gap is still getting wider.

Did I say we were a good team?? Lots of panties in bunches around here. Certainly we're mediocre at best...but go back and look at the team from say, 2012, and tell me we're not miles ahead of where we were then. THAT was a bad football team...lost conference games by an average of like 40 points! Guess I'm just a realist. We've gon toe to toe with top 25 level teams this year, I'll take that as progress. If it's only about wins to some, I get it, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether this team is better.

What if we go back and compare this year's CU team to, say, 1990 or 2001?

This is still a bad team. I hate that 2012 set the floor so low that anything above being blown out every week/being the worst P5 team can be construed as "not bad".

So many people who like to spend their weekend obsessing about how much we suck...just don't get it

Similar opinion of those who believe in putting lipstick on a pig.

The first step to recovery is identifying there is a problem.

So many people who like to spend their weekend obsessing about how much we suck...just don't get it

Some of that, but there are also a lot of weird overly positive statements throw out lately too:

1. We are 4-7 (1-6), but we are not a bad team because we are better than 2012.

2. Sefo is not a bad QB.

3. We have more bad luck than most other teams.

There are plenty of positives and negatives to take away from the season as it closes, but once again, it sure seems like the narrative is shifting once again and the goalposts for success are being shifted. Let's all hope we find a way to win at least one of the last two games (hopefully both). Because 4-9 is hard to call much of a success on any level.

If you listen to Helton's presser he thought Friday's victory was a major moral victory. He was proud of how his team battled. So it's not like USC wasn't bringing it.

We all know there are problems...been identified ad nauseam.

That's because these close losses have been served up ad nauseam. Fans response is a natural and honest reaction to the product on the field.

I'm equally impressed with our ability to find new ways to rationalize, even celebrate mediocrity week after week, loss after loss.
19df38b1a1294405ae9e77678583690a.jpg

The game was over when Powell fumbled in the third quarter. Yes, I realize we still had a four point lead at that point, but the game was lost. It was obvious to me. I had seen that play before and I knew how it ended. Until we get past that, we are what we are.

That's the last time he'll fumble a ball in the state of Colorado, though, so there's that.

If you listen to Helton's presser he thought Friday's victory was a major moral victory. He was proud of how his team battled. So it's not like USC wasn't bringing it.
It's hard to imagine USC was 'bringing it' in the first half. The second half was much higher intensity - I'm guessing Helton explained some important issues at halftime that his players had overlooked. Don't mean this to be downgrading the Buffs, they did what they should have in the first half, and did it very well. Had to be alarming to Helton & company. Just think when SC picked up the effort they had a significant advantage. Still, without a few critical mistakes the Buffs might have pulled it out -

It's hard to imagine USC was 'bringing it' in the first half. The second half was much higher intensity - I'm guessing Helton explained some important issues at halftime that his players had overlooked. Don't mean this to be downgrading the Buffs, they did what they should have in the first half, and did it very well. Had to be alarming to Helton & company. Just think when SC picked up the effort they had a significant advantage. Still, without a few critical mistakes the Buffs might have pulled it out -

Helton is auditioning for his job. The only way the interim guy gets to stay is by winning. The only story he can tell to the university of soiled children fan base as to why his Trojans were losing to Colorado under a second string QB is a tail of resilience.

CU did a great job helping USC figure out Helton will not be HC next season.

The game was over when Powell fumbled in the third quarter. Yes, I realize we still had a four point lead at that point, but the game was lost. It was obvious to me. I had seen that play before and I knew how it ended. Until we get past that, we are what we are.
This is why I still blame B.L. for the loss. Who goes with a 5 RB rotation in general, and only a moron does it with a backup QB in.

Back