What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This just in: Colorado and Oklahoma are not the same school

Just waiting for chippy now...

I suppose I could have the last word to your mother. Yo we outta here.

damnit. now we have to wait for chippy and the last word... again...

:pissed3:

It may be in great shape, but there's no way you got that old man smell out of it yet.

I simply solve that by rubbing a bunch of cologne on my upper lip when I wear it...and I don't care if other people think I smell like old man as long as I can't tell. :thumbsup:

BLASPHEMY!

the raccoons took the hoodie, and that is why the students were hunting them down with the crossbows.

Good post. I may not agree with all of it, but well said anyway. But I am confused by the bits I bolded. Are you ok with somebody striking back in defense of others, if they are not attacked themselves? You seem to say both yes and no. yes I am ok with Sipilli's actions, striking back in the defense of others. his friend, to me, being away from home, at college is "extended" family and he did the right thing in helping his friend. I wonder though if he had to go to the extent that he did. with katoa I am confused on why he didnt stay with the teammate that was tasered. i'm confused with the whole apartment part, as I really dont see how it could have helped the teammate, unless others that saw the incident went running to the aprtment. I need to know more about this part and the whole incident in general. It is a very relevant point in both the Katoa and Sipili incidents. Which is NOT to say that they are guilty of nothing, or that they should not be punished. I think that restraint and proportional response are things these young men need to learn, and did not demonstrate, regardless of the circumstances. Agreed (It is possible, based on this thread, that there are others of us who might benefit from the same lesson. :smile2:) But I agree with what you learned growing up, and in my mind when you have seen a good friend tasered, or are seeing a good friend being jumped by 3 other guys, there is some degree of response I would call appropriate. Agreed Again, I think they crossed that line, which is why I'm NOT saying they were treated unfairly. Just not clear if you are saying there was some justification from the situations they were in or not. :confused:

I also take issue with you saying that one (Katoa) "used a weapon", then say "what hand...who knows". How is holding a rock but not hitting somebody with it any different than carrying a gun but not shooting anybody with it? :confused: its not, I was just repeating something that was said in an early post If Katoa was using the rock to hit the victim, he should probably be gone for good. But if not, on what basis do you bring it up as weapon and totally dismiss the presence of a gun with Jarboe? I dont dismiss the gun Jarboe had, but other than that I have no clue on why he pulled it from someone else's car, other than he was showing off. He was arrested before he was able to be really really stupid and foolish and use the gun in a harmful way, if that was his intent BTW, I read a couple other articles today that referred to the fact that the gun was stolen, written at the time of the arrest. That charge seems to have gone away - do you know why? This is the 1st I heard of this. am not surprised at all. are we talking possesion of stolen goods going away? Part of the plea bargin? Did he rollover on who had the gun? Not enough evidence to really make this charge stick?I don't have a problem with the CU suspensions, and I'm not calling for OU to even give Jarboe the same punishment. But I also think it's pretty damn reasonable to question why Stoops not only seems to be saying that he'll put the kid on his roster this year, but is even giving him glowing character references. Not even a suspension for the non-conference schedule? Not even a fusker-esque suspension for Ball State? Nothing at all? Really?? :huh: I think this gets back to the fact the kid is just a recruit and has yet to set foot on campus. I am pretty confident this will be re-addressed once August roles around. I would not be surprised if Jarboe is redshirted this year. Stoops redshirted a very promising WR last year from Norman for stealing gas

answers in bold for you. my apologies for taking so long. by no means did I plan for it to take this long.

Sounds like he should be wearing the t-shirt a friend saw someone wearing the other day.
"laser sights-- helping criminals make informed decisions every day".

Nice to see that Stoops thinks that someone who carries a gun illegally to school will be a 'positive influence on campus'.:lol:

Switzer would have let him off because it wasn't an Uzi. :lol:

answers in bold for you. my apologies for taking so long. by no means did I plan for it to take this long.

Fair answers. Thanks for FINALLY getting around to it... :smile2: Particularly the comments about Katoa - I agree that whole situation is very confusing.

(Actually, I didn't even remember you hadn't responded - no worries.)

Back