What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This season affect on recruiting

BuffaloB

It seems at least 1, and likely another of our recruits flipped to other teams.

1) Based on the season, and how it ended should we expect more flips out?
2) How does the early signing period affect HCMM making any changes to staff?
3) Would loss of a few recruits force some changes?

Just wondering if we are starting to see a slip back recruiting wise based on the end of season.

More concerned with the effect that his sloppy flirtation with Ole Miss has on our recruiting-we're going to lose a couple kids because of it I guarantee you. He wins 8 or 9 next year, he's probably gone. He misses a bowl, he probably is on the unemployment line. MacIntyre can't look a kid's parents in the eye and tell them that he's going to be the coach here when they graduate.

More concerned with the effect that his sloppy flirtation with Ole Miss has on our recruiting-we're going to lose a couple kids because of it I guarantee you. He wins 8 or 9 next year, he's probably gone. He misses a bowl, he probably is on the unemployment line. MacIntyre can't look a kid's parents in the eye and tell them that he's going to be the coach here when they graduate.
Hadn't even thought of this angle.

Under what circumstances is MM head coach at CU in 2019?

Now, how plausible is that?

No kidding...recruiting is already affected by not only this season but MacIntyre's flirting with SEC programs. I think MacIntyre is shooting for the likes of Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, etc. Duke is entrenched with Cutcliffe at this point and Vandy's coach might be headed to Tempe which would open the Vandy job up. WF had a 7-5 season as well. Southern school and highly educated seem to fit what MacIntyre wants. Not sure he would want Arkansas or Miss State at this point.

COyx1NvWEAAbANh.jpg:large

No kidding...recruiting is already affected by not only this season but MacIntyre's flirting with SEC programs. I think MacIntyre is shooting for the likes of Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, etc. Duke is entrenched with Cutcliffe at this point and Vandy's coach might be headed to Tempe which would open the Vandy job up. WF had a 7-5 season as well. Southern school and highly educated seem to fit what MacIntyre wants. Not sure he would want Arkansas or Miss State at this point.
Again, so much unsubstantiated insights into Macs thinking here, it’s almost comically ridiculous.

Neither can any coach, but they still do. Everyone knows the reality of the situation.

Sure they can-How many jobs did rumors have Dan Mullen looking at before he left Mississippi State for Florida? Everybody has dream jobs in the industry-Mullen (as an example) clearly did. MacIntyre's actions this year show he clearly doesn't want to be here-as I've argued already.

Hadn't even thought of this angle.

Under what circumstances is MM head coach at CU in 2019?

Now, how plausible is that?

M2 could be the head coach at CU in 2019 and beyond.

It will require a few things to happen though.

He has to decide that winning is more important than his long time allegiances to certain staff members and make the needed changes quickly. He needs to bring in some assistants who are strong enough to (appropriately) get in his face and push him to change how he does some things including playing the best players in front of seniors and being wiling to step on his coordinators toes when they get into non-productive ruts.

He needs to set a high standard and find and support team leaders in communicating that standard to the team. Those who are willing to be part of the team goals and work for team success get playing time, those who don't sit.

Recruiting has to become THE priority with the staff, no more guys mailing in their recruiting responsibilities. Talent and attitude are the two most important factors in winning football, recently we have lacked in both.

Do those things and the ship gets turned the right direction. With the amount on money owed on his contract if M2 wins 7-8 games next year he will be here in 2019, string together another season like that in 2019 and he will be solid going into the future.

Is this likely to happen? I wish it was, I like the guy and want him to be successful. I believe if he can do what he ask players to do and to step up and change for the better he can be a winning coach.

Unfortunately I have seen him to be resistant to change and slow to act even when forced to. I don't see it happening for us.

M2 could be the head coach at CU in 2019 and beyond.

It will require a few things to happen though.

He has to decide that winning is more important than his long time allegiances to certain staff members and make the needed changes quickly. He needs to bring in some assistants who are strong enough to (appropriately) get in his face and push him to change how he does some things including playing the best players in front of seniors and being wiling to step on his coordinators toes when they get into non-productive ruts.

He needs to set a high standard and find and support team leaders in communicating that standard to the team. Those who are willing to be part of the team goals and work for team success get playing time, those who don't sit.

Recruiting has to become THE priority with the staff, no more guys mailing in their recruiting responsibilities. Talent and attitude are the two most important factors in winning football, recently we have lacked in both.

Do those things and the ship gets turned the right direction. With the amount on money owed on his contract if M2 wins 7-8 games next year he will be here in 2019, string together another season like that in 2019 and he will be solid going into the future.

Is this likely to happen? I wish it was, I like the guy and want him to be successful. I believe if he can do what he ask players to do and to step up and change for the better he can be a winning coach.

Unfortunately I have seen him to be resistant to change and slow to act even when forced to. I don't see it happening for us.

One thing with your post-Brian Lindgren is the coordinator who MM lets run amok. I think he hired DJ Eliot because he knew he could micromanage the defense with him at coordinator. No other reason.

As far as whether or not he's here in 2019..........a lot of that is up to him. He's gotta do some soul-searching this offseason, and thats gotta involve dropping whatever bitterness he has from the Tumpkin nonsense and committing himself to Colorado first and foremost. His sloppy flirtation with Ole Miss shows he's not committed to the job he has right now, and that's scary. He's on the hot seat, and I think he needs 8 wins with 5 of those coming in conference to just to keep his job.

One thing with your post-Brian Lindgren is the coordinator who MM lets run amok. I think he hired DJ Eliot because he knew he could micromanage the defense with him at coordinator. No other reason.

As far as whether or not he's here in 2019..........a lot of that is up to him. He's gotta do some soul-searching this offseason, and thats gotta involve dropping whatever bitterness he has from the Tumpkin nonsense and committing himself to Colorado first and foremost. His sloppy flirtation with Ole Miss shows he's not committed to the job he has right now, and that's scary. He's on the hot seat, and I think he needs 8 wins with 5 of those coming in conference to just to keep his job.
If he has a winning season next year, he might use that as a springboard to better land another job. Trying to have a winning season good enough to get you another job is not a good coaching philosophy.

Sadly, he has improved steadily enough to apparently get an Ohio State offer. It looks like he was a great find when we got him, but he is stepping over us to get to the Buckeyes, which are honestly a contender he cannot turn down. Pisses me off, and could be affected by our crappy O-Line coaching!

If he has a winning season next year, he might use that as a springboard to better land another job. Trying to have a winning season good enough to get you another job is not a good coaching philosophy.

He will be clear to go next year because J-Mac will be graduated and done. Perfect time to move on. I never honestly felt like he was considering leaving this year, even for Ole Miss. However, after next year, I do feel like a good season gives him a chance to move on. I do not even care if he goes 2-10 next year as long as he beats the freaking Rams and Huskers!!!

RG has to be going WTF just happened to the FB team....a year ago this time prepping for the PAC 12 championship game...to the cellar of the P12 South....and equivalent recruiting rankings. Better hope last year's OL class is like the 2000 OL....or we will "suck again"....

Rivals already has Culver off CU recruit list. Now down to 49th and that doesn't include the loss of 3* JUCO LB Davion Taylor that flipped from CU to Ole Miss today.

So likely in the 50s and still a few weeks before early signing period ends. NOTHING to see here. Thank you, can I have another!

Nobody has ever explained how it’s so hard to recruit to one of the better academic schools in the western half of the US AND one of the best, most beautiful places to attend college. It’s ****ing embarrassing.

Nobody has ever explained how it’s so hard to recruit to one of the better academic schools in the western half of the US AND one of the best, most beautiful places to attend college. It’s ****ing embarrassing.
Don't forget legal weed.

He will be clear to go next year because J-Mac will be graduated and done. Perfect time to move on. I never honestly felt like he was considering leaving this year, even for Ole Miss. However, after next year, I do feel like a good season gives him a chance to move on. I do not even care if he goes 2-10 next year as long as he beats the freaking Rams and Huskers!!!

Yikes.

Two kids have already flipped......you're kidding yourselves if you think Mike MacIntyre's dance with Ole Miss last weekend doesn't have something to do with this.

Two kids have already flipped......you're kidding yourselves if you think Mike MacIntyre's dance with Ole Miss last weekend doesn't have something to do with this.

Not really. These two players have been drifting away for weeks.

We just do not have enough competent recruiters to stave off any issues.

Part of the product (The University of Colorado at Boulder) is great. The other part (yoyo success with football team, below average coaching for most groups, unstable HC) doesn’t make the grade. In the end, it isn’t so much the product — it is the recruiter (salesperson). When your sales staff sucks and relies upon a couple of solid performers to carry the load, sometimes you have years when your best salespeople can’t cover for the deficiencies of your weaker team members when your competition steps their game up.

The bottom line with MM and the CU football program is the dog**** recruiting to follow up a 10 win season. If you strike fool's gold and you don't capitalize then what exactly is the remaining upside? CU was lucky to win 10 in 2016 (although the team was very good) and they are unlikely to get that many bounces in one season again in the near future. So where do we go from there, if we can't bring in a top 25 class after that season?

MM is a dull, dorky, boring and uninteresting recruiter. His motivational speeches are painful to listen to because they sound contrived and scripted. Our recruiting class is about the same as CSU's....who have/will probably lose a QB offered by Ohio State. Going to be a LOOONG and PAINFUL offseason.

Back