What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This season affect on recruiting

Here’s a question - since when is it okay to RENEG on a commitment?! Why even call it a commitment if you can just change your mind whenever? Just seems stupid and a bit of an indication of weak integrity. Decide, commit, follow through. It’s not like these kids are “decommitting” because they just found out the program is getting cut for title IX reasons (e.g. Boston U) or something.....we lost another game or two. That happens. Some kid out there really wants to claim if we had just won that Utah game he would’ve honored his commitment?

MM is a dull, dorky, boring and uninteresting recruiter. His motivational speeches are painful to listen to because they sound contrived and scripted. Our recruiting class is about the same as CSU's....who have/will probably lose a QB offered by Ohio State. Going to be a LOOONG and PAINFUL offseason.

Does CSU have a top 50 class as of now? I get the dissatisfaction with MM and where the program is but stop with the ridiculous comparisons. You do not need to manufacture artificial drama to be upset with where we are.

Here’s a question - since when is it okay to RENEG on a commitment?! Why even call it a commitment if you can just change your mind whenever? Just seems stupid and a bit of an indication of weak integrity. Decide, commit, follow through. It’s not like these kids are “decommitting” because they just found out the program is getting cut for title IX reasons (e.g. Boston U) or something.....we lost another game or two. That happens. Some kid out there really wants to claim if we had just won that Utah game he would’ve honored his commitment?
There is no such thing as commitment is college football. AD not committed to coachs (except pay outs), coachs are not committed to schools or players, and players not committed to schools.

Chris Rock said it best, that most are only as faithful as their options.

Here’s a question: would you honor a commitment to a football coach who flew to Mississippi for an interview at a different school during the bye week before a game that would decide bowl eligibility?

I’ll hang up and listen off the air.

Here’s a question: would you honor a commitment to a football coach who flew to Mississippi for an interview at a different school during the bye week before a game that would decide bowl eligibility?

Yeah, I honor commitments. But that’s just me.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t entirely fault folks for having concerns, even enough to change their minds about attending an institution. Maybe the terminology should change, because it’s making the concept of a “commitment” seem trivial and worthless.

Is this a hypothetical question? Or did you actually hear he interviewed in person during the bye week?

So, you commit to people who are not committed to you? Good for you. I view commitment as a two way deal. If the other person doesn’t honor their end of the bargain, I don’t know what’s great about the arrangement anymore.

Yeah, I honor commitments. But that’s just me.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t entirely fault folks for having concerns, even enough to change their minds about attending an institution. Maybe the terminology should change, because it’s making the concept of a “commitment” seem trivial and worthless.

Some kids are under pressure to commit lest the offer goes away. So a kid who is not highly touted who gets an early offer from, especially, a P5 school is under pressure to take it. Then say he “blows up”and garners interest from more and more programs. As much as I hate a kid reneging on a commitment, I get it. I’m also not going to be a hypocrite, like I used to be on this subject, and rip a kid for flipping when I sure as hell love it when we flip a recruit. That’s how the recruiting game is played. I can’t fault a young man making the most important decision of his life for being torn.

More than one report posted on this site has suggested that HCMM went to interview for the Ole Piss job during the bye week.

That’s just it. It was people here stating that but no one actually posted any link from a reputable source saying he did. Conjecture until proven.

247 has several posters who supposedly know that he did not interview nor head out of town to interview for the Ole Miss job. Everything was handled by his agent and he was never one of the top options. Take it for what it is worth

More than one report posted on this site has suggested that HCMM went to interview for the Ole Piss job during the bye week.

I get that some places SUGGESTED he interviewed, but everyone needs to stop spinning the narrative that we lost the recruits solely because of this. I'm ready to get rid of Mac too, but if you blame him "interviewing" for Ole Miss and losing us recruits based off hearsay, that's the same mentality as the Tennessee fan base with Schiano and the hearsay. Albeit a much less drastic accusation but the same type of thing.

I get it. HCMM’s interest in mississippi was pure speculation. He hasn’t been outspoken about his disinterest in other job opportunities. The point remains the same: coaches are not terribly loyal to their current programs when better opportunities may suit them. Players get very few chances to pick the right fit. If they want to move on, I don’t blame them.

I get that some places SUGGESTED he interviewed, but everyone needs to stop spinning the narrative that we lost the recruits solely because of this. I'm ready to get rid of Mac too, but if you blame him "interviewing" for Ole Miss and losing us recruits based off hearsay, that's the same mentality as the Tennessee fan base with Schiano and the hearsay. Albeit a much less drastic accusation but the same type of thing.

I get it. HCMM’s interest in mississippi was pure speculation. He hasn’t been outspoken about his disinterest in other job opportunities. The point remains the same: coaches are not terribly loyal to their current programs when better opportunities may suit them. Players get very few chances to pick the right fit. If they want to move on, I don’t blame them.
Well I agree with you there. It's a major decision. I just don't think we can use the Mac interview as a reasoning unless either Mac or Ole Miss come out and say he interviewed which we all know will never happen.

Well I agree with you there. It's a major decision. I just don't think we can use the Mac interview as a reasoning unless either Mac or Ole Miss come out and say he interviewed which we all know will never happen.

All of this seems to add up to why Coach Chiv is the best recruiter on the staff and the most valuable assistant! He has great ties in Texas with college coaches, and he is one guy that can honestly say to a recruit (without lying) that he is at his dream school and does not likely plan to leave. Unlike MM that is not at his dream school. I do not buy it that MM has actively wanted to leave the school at all this year, unless J-Mac would be willing to transfer and follow him around. It is also a lack of commitment by Mac to take an extension and then take off in one year! He still got his money.

This time of year, nothing is ever done until its announced. If you follow enough silly seasons...........you can have a much easier team putting two and two together-for example: Multiple Ole Miss twitter accounts are talking about MM being the guy they'd pick during the fourth quarter of the Egg Bowl. Pete Thamel then follows that up by predicting MacIntyre to Ole Miss Thursday night into Friday morning. CU twitter accounts start talking about the same thing during the Utah game. That tells me one thing-this was more than MM telling Jimmy Sexton "Hey, thats a job I want.....can you try and get my name in front of them?" I don't believe MM went down to MS to interview for it.....more than likely they sent people here to talk to him.

No excuse to not be in top 35, need to get rid of dead weight coaches who can't recruit P5 quality players, especially linemen.

The only time I was ever mad about a player reneging on a commitment was Davis Webb. He was a grown man with a college degree who gave a program his word that he'd work for them and then changed his mind. My dream scenario was for him to start for a year while Sefo took his redshirt season and then have Sefo start all this season. We'd have been in a lot better position I suspect.

When you're dealing with 17 year old kids who are making the biggest decisions of their lives and are constantly getting new information and new offers... they're going to change their minds. Why should they have more loyalty than the schools recruiting them?

Fair point.

Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

Attachments

• IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 5
Back