What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This should be a fun debate

Chad Brown for sure. I don't think it's fair to say Lamont Warren was a career backup at CU. he was a helluva back who saw that Salaam was a little better.

Stirckland has had a decent career....managed to get an NFL paycheck for a half-dozen year.

I see Deon Figures and Donald Strickland finally got mentioned.

How 'bout Chris Hudson in that group of DBs too? Also, Bobby Anderson had a pretty good (but brief) career with the Broncos.

Tyler Brayton has also been tearing it up for the Raiders and now the Panthers for the last five years or so.

Going Deep...

I didn't see anyone mention Jeff Campbell. He hung around the league for quite a while. Also Koy Detmer was at least a valuable backup for many years.

surprised no one mentioned Charles Johnson WR. He had a decent career with the steelers and won a SB with the Pats..

Gurode is definitely in the Top 10.. He's made 2 consecutive pro bowls and is probably going to make a third..

Cliff Branch
Chad Brown
Dick Anderson
Joel Steed
Jay Leewuenberg (sp?)
Charlie Johnson
Mark Haynes
Stan Brock
Andre Gurode
Kordell Stewart

Westbrook

:confused: Westbrook was a terrible pro. Between injuries and punching out Stephen Davis, the only bigger Buff bust in the NFL would have been Saalam.

Might have been mentioned, but Tom Ashworth had a great run and a couple of Super Bowl rings with the Pats.

511DASzxEwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

430860201.jpg

10-12-09_Cover.JPG

216290201.jpg

anderson01.jpg

Did every Buff become a Steeler?

During the 90's, yes.

Kordell, Joel Steed (I think), Chad Brown, Charles Johnson, Deone Figures.

Others?

Hey, didn't Figures get shot in the leg or some such thing in Pitt? I saw him listed a couple of times as a top CU pro, but for as high as he went in the draft, he was a bit of a bust, in my opinion.

During the 90's, yes.

Others?

Hey, didn't Figures get shot in the leg or some such thing in Pitt? I saw him listed a couple of times as a top CU pro, but for as high as he went in the draft, he was a bit of a bust, in my opinion.

Deon Figures got shot in the leg when he was back home in LA during the offseason, if I remember correctly. It effectively ended his career.

During the 90's, yes.

Others?

Ariel Solomon, Gary Howe, Mitch Berger, Tom Rouen

I believe you're thinking of Joey Porter. Figures had a decent career, he did start a Super Bowl. He ended up on Jacksonville before flaming out.

Ariel Solomon, Gary Howe, Mitch Berger, Tom Rouen

I believe you're thinking of Joey Porter. Figures had a decent career, he did start a Super Bowl. He ended up on Jacksonville before flaming out.

No, he's thinking of Deon Figures. Porter got shot in Denver while he was out here to watch the CU/CSU game.

They both got shot, though.

Brian Cabral has a SB ring with da Bears.
Throw him on the list.

Was going to bring up Barry Helton and his SB rings with the 49ers, but someone else did right after that. He also is a good farmer on Farmville and a neighbor of mine.:thumbsup:

surprised no one mentioned Charles Johnson WR. He had a decent career with the steelers and won a SB with the Pats.

I worked with CJ the WR's dad out in Oakland when I was with UAL. Played bid whist with him at lunch and breaks. I asked him if he now talked with CJ at all or had a realationship with him. He said, 'sure, we have a realtionship now, it's a talking relationship, not a 'hey, here's a new car' relationship'.:lol: Seemed pretty ok with that. Actually, he rode the van into Oakland with me from Vacaville too; depending on who was driving, he would help keep me awake when driving back in the morning (we worked mids).

Back