Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DrunkPanda, Oct 22, 2009.
winning a mediocre north is a big differance than MNC caliber. The north is very winnable for just about anybody in the north still. Our schedule sets up the best, we'll see how it plays out.
Do you even read the threads, or do you just read a post or two, assume it's completely representative of everybody's opinion and then make a grand statement which supports your world-view?
your title and your thread suck ass.
A rather flukey way? We Capitalized on turnovers (2 Kansas turnovers turned into CU TDs in the first half) and limited the damage on your own turnovers (2 Kansas FGs off 2 CU fumbles in the 2nd half).
This was a rather even game. We built a big lead due to Kansas mistakes and our ability to capitalize on them. I knew this was going to be a close finish because 14 of our first half points took exactly 6 yards to score. Kansas has veteran skill players who have won tons of games and they were going to step up and give us a challenge at some point.
What convinces me we are a different team then the beginning of the season?
1. We put together a 10 play, 76 yard drive to score the game winning TD. We converted a 3rd and 19 early in the drive to keep this one going. And we didn't settle for the game tying FG. We drove the length of the field and scored when we could've folded.
2. Mistakes were overcome with big plays. Speedy fumbles, Speedy scores a 10+ yard game winning TD. Our secondary gives up a 3rd and forever, but comes back with great coverage on back to back plays to finish the game. And nevermind we stopped KU inside our 10 yard line on downs right before the final drive.
3. Pressure on Reesing. We sacked him, we pressured him, we hit him.. we did the things we could to disrupt a 3 year starter and a guy who has beat us the last 3 years.
4. Kansas started 3 drives at the 50 or closer. We held these guys when we needed to despite a short field on several occasions.
5. The talent is out there! Espinoza, Cody, Sumler, Geer and Scotty have been replaced by Simas, Scotty, Hansen, Speedy and Geer.
I can keep going, but I've obviously already wasted my time. It is quite obvious that you have decided this team is not any good. Nevermind that Nebraska, Missouri, KSU, ISU all have ? marks at this point and NU/MU come to Boulder.
1. Tyler Hansen
2. Improved D-Line play
Still trying to find the thread where someone said this team is MNC caliber.
God forbid we actually enjoy a win. :huh:
Rushing yards allowed by CU:
Was that so hard?
been meaning to rep you for the sig line, I love it :lol:
Drunk, we put together two successive 29-minute First Halves. Then we followed up with Dead Team Walking 3rd-Qtrs. But in the last game, we came back, took the lead and held it. That's been the most impressive display I've seen this season. The mythical annointment will have to come from someone other than me, though. I'll wait for the team to prove it on the field.
Go back to netbuffs with hooligan.
I thought this was a thread about the cross country team.
Come on give it a rest. If we lose to KSU this week you can start back up.
:thumbsup:..:lol:..best thing about this thread
Nothing flukey about the Kansas game, we shouldve scored more than we did. I havent thought much of Kansas in the other 2 games I saw them in besides last saturday.
That is one so-called Buff fan I dont like.
Separate names with a comma.