What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This week could shake up the 2-deep

He had his bell rung vs CSU but later came back in, so I don't think he was concussed. 99% sure that he came back in.

Last edited:
He had his beel rung vs CSU but later came back in, so I don't think he was concussed. 99% sure that he came back in.
Yeah, he came back and played. CU would be in big trouble if he was diagnosed with a concussion and came back in. Maybe he was diagnosed after the game, which would be weird and not good at all.

Yeah, he came back and played. CU would be in big trouble if he was diagnosed with a concussion and came back in. Maybe he was diagnosed after the game, which would be weird and not good at all.
Many concussions are not diagnosed the same day as the incident. This has nothing to do with the quality or quantity of care given at the game; often the symptoms do not manifest until the next few days.

Many concussions are not diagnosed the same day as the incident. This has nothing to do with the quality or quantity of care given at the game; often the symptoms do not manifest until the next few days.
This. At least the concussion protocol is better than the ole, "how many fingers am I holding up" test. I'd be willing to bet guys still go out and play even if they don't pass it.

This. At least the concussion protocol is better than the ole, "how many fingers am I holding up" test. I'd be willing to bet guys still go out and play even if they don't pass it.
Baseline testing in TX takes a minimum of 2 hours. Some of the kids aren't smart enough to create a baseline. No baseline, no play.

I stand corrected then. I should know exactly what they do considering my brother coaches down there, I just never asked him about that. I still don't know that all of them go by it like they are supposed to, errr Permian.:D

You can definitely be diagnosed later, it has happened to me.

However, we are talking about a player who took a big hit (with diagnosed concussions in the past), was evaluated, put back into the game (which means he was cleared), played the rest of the game, then diagnosed at some point after the game, then played again in 6 or 7 days. I find that hard to believe.

You can definitely be diagnosed later, it has happened to me.

However, we are talking about a player who took a big hit (with diagnosed concussions in the past), was evaluated, put back into the game (which means he was cleared), played the rest of the game, then diagnosed at some point after the game, then played again in 6 or 7 days. I find that hard to believe.
He did not get concussed vs CSU.

To reinforce this point, in 2013 I was rear ended badly enough, it totalled my Jeep. I got sandwiched between two cars where I was able to emergency stop just as the person in front of me did, but then was slammed in to by a Ford Expedition whose bumper never touched mine - it went over the top. Then I was pushed in to the car in front of me.

I walked away from the scene a little dazed, but felt fine. 6 hours later, my neck hurt terribly and was confused. I went to the doc and was pretty much instantly diagnosed with a more than minor concussion and mild whiplash. The whiplash subsided in a week or so, but for 30 days, I had no short term memory. I had to have my boss or engineer in every meeting because I couldn't remember what the last person said when I started to speak next.

I started to get extremely concerned. Then I woke up one morning, and it was mostly gone. The next day, I was pretty much back to normal.

The brain is weird. And yes, it is possible to not have symptoms of a concussion right away.

Back