What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thursday Roll Call

I will walk down the main street in my crappy little town in Nevada wearing only a black Buffs T-shirt if that will help them beat the hillbillies.

OK, so with the BLACKOUT theme and the fact that I will be watching from the couch in VaBch, what is the drinking ettiquite?

Should I go with a Porter, the nice golden hues of a single malt scotch or will I be forced into a Black Label blend?

Help, please :cheers:

OK, so with the BLACKOUT theme and the fact that I will be watching from the couch in VaBch, what is the drinking ettiquite?

Should I go with a Porter, the nice golden hues of a single malt scotch or will I be forced into a Black Label blend?

My unproven pregame ritual is to chug a Guiness pub draught or do a car bomb depending on how I feel. The Car bomb seems to be effective (Oklahoma 2007).

Last edited:
I will wear black, but it is because I have to go to work and cannot go to the game. I will be in blackout due to mourning.:sad1:

Black Russian :thumbsup:

WTF is this "ehhhh" and "maybe" ****. I hope that is not indicative of how the rest of the students view the Buffalo walk.

It probably is.

Face it, the vast majority of students are football neophytes. They go for the atmosphere and the chance to blow off some steam. Case in point: The day of the CSU game, I'm at Best Buy helping our exchange student buy a new computer. I'm wearing my Rabid Goldfish shirt. We're being helped by a guy who's maybe 21 or 22 years old. As we're checking out, the guy asks me "What's the deal with the 'Rabid Goldfish'?" I tell him it's for George Hypolite. He says he doesn't know who George Hypolite is. I tell him that it's a CU thing. He responds that HE IS A STUDENT AT CU, and still has no idea what the heck I'm talking about. :huh:

The students help create a terrific atmosphere at the stadium, but in general, their actual knowledge of the game is lacking. They haven't bought into the CU culture yet. That will come with time.

It probably is.

Face it, the vast majority of students are football neophytes. They go for the atmosphere and the chance to blow off some steam. Case in point: The day of the CSU game, I'm at Best Buy helping our exchange student buy a new computer. I'm wearing my Rabid Goldfish shirt. We're being helped by a guy who's maybe 21 or 22 years old. As we're checking out, the guy asks me "What's the deal with the 'Rabid Goldfish'?" I tell him it's for George Hypolite. He says he doesn't know who George Hypolite is. I tell him that it's a CU thing. He responds that HE IS A STUDENT AT CU, and still has no idea what the heck I'm talking about. :huh:

The students help create a terrific atmosphere at the stadium, but in general, their actual knowledge of the game is lacking. They haven't bought into the CU culture yet. That will come with time.
Most pot smoking hippies don't enjoy football...It harshes their mellow, man.

It probably is.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

It probably is.

Yep, thats me and 87 in a nutshell. :huh: No, I just will be getting outa class an hour and a half before that. I have friends flying into town (tonight!) and we plan on hanging on the hill. Ill make the walk one of these days.

Yep, thats me and 87 in a nutshell. :huh: No, I just will be getting outa class an hour and a half before that. I have friends flying into town (tonight!) and we plan on hanging on the hill. Ill make the walk one of these days.

You guys obviously know football, but you really cannot argue the point that the majority of students treat football games as a social event. They don't really know the game all that well. That doesn't make the students bad people or anything, but it is a little weird watching the student section being really loud when our team has the ball.:huh:

Please notice I said the *majority* of students. I have no doubt that there are several students, like yourself, who are true fans. I'll stand by my original statement that the vast majority of students are football neophytes and go to the games simply for the party atmosphere.

It depends on who I'm with. But also, I would be more willing to go if there were no open container laws also. But yeah, who the **** is George Hypolite?

Sacky and BB, you are correct, there are a TON of those types...annoys the hell outta me. Some kids behind me at the last game were pissed that CU threw a screen pass on third and long.... "Why the hell are we running a screen on third and long? It doesn't make sense!" uh :wtf:

Back