What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TN VOLS fans coming to UCLA/Colorado game

@UTVols - sorry to jack this thread for a few messages, but what can you say about the Broncos new signee AJ Johnson? Some guys are acquitted or never go to trial, but they still come off as sleazy pieces of **** - .e.g. Perrish Cox. However, what do you think of AJ Johnson? Think it was a bull**** case or Johnson and his teammate were always troublemakers?

@UTVols - sorry to jack this thread for a few messages, but what can you say about the Broncos new signee AJ Johnson? Some guys are acquitted or never go to trial, but they still come off as sleazy pieces of **** - .e.g. Perrish Cox. However, what do you think of AJ Johnson? Think it was a bull**** case or Johnson and his teammate were always troublemakers?

AJ was one of my favorite players on the team from that era. He is not the fastest guy and wasn't good in coverage as a LB, but was a team leader and good run stopper. As a LB, he scored like 4 TD's as a RB one season...it worked so well, they quit using it the next year - YET another reason the coach was fired.

I am playing golf with the assistant DA tomorrow who was involved in the case. I may have more info for you after that.

Is that what he’s trying to say? I would have never gleaned that from his post.

86=highway number for an upscale eatery
Fox=wife/girlfriend
Joe= cup of coffee. Since it’s the evening, he signifies dessert coffee with the mention of digging.
Prick=roses, as in thorn and finger.

Was Luke carrying a poodle under one arm and a two foot salami under the other?

I'm a frayed knot.
Oh God. My Jr. High geometry teacher used to tell a frayed knot joke. I had forgotten.

Ever heard the "better Nate than lever" joke?

Here is what I heard:

AJ and that girl had consenting sex in the past.
She was there willingly the night of the accusation.
They were having sex when the other player came and tried to join in.
That's when she got mad and the story came out.

It was going to be hard to prove on either side and the jury was about a 50/50 split.

What part of Denver is best to stay Sat/Sun night after the Buffs victory over Chip Kelly?
LoDo area (don't go south of the Convention Center) is going to put you near most of the bars and restaurants, Coors Field, etc.

What part of Denver is best to stay Sat/Sun night after the Buffs victory over Chip Kelly?

That’s the spirit.

The Boulder part.
Or Downtown in Lodo near baseball stadium

The Omni in Broomfield is convenient if Boulder is booked.

Stay away from the boring airport and tech center properties.

What about Stapleton/Northfield area? We will be in Colorado Springs Saturday, so just looking for a place to sleep that night...will be out golfing Sunday/Monday so don't plan to hang at the hotel much.

Booked the Renaissance Flatiron in Broomfield for Friday night.

What about Stapleton/Northfield area? We will be in Colorado Springs Saturday, so just looking for a place to sleep that night...will be out golfing Sunday/Monday so don't plan to hang at the hotel much.

Where are you golfing? That would help direct you. I'm thinking you might want to be an easy exit off the 470 loop.

In that case, get a place as close to the golf course as possible. Even if that means AirBnB. The Stapleton area has no notable qualities that you couldn’t find in any city in America.

Bummer you aren’t going to be able to stagger on foot from the Dark Horse or Pearl Street bars back to the hotel. Staying out late in Boulder on Friday and Sat night is such a fantastic experience that makes CU football games so special. That drive back into Denver after the game is always a buzzkill.

Be sure not to miss the Stampede on pearl street the Friday night before the game.

Renaissance is really nice! Check here: http://www.coloradogolf.com/denver-metro-map.php

My personal favorite is Fossil Trace. It’s expensive (I think $100 per 18) but’s it’s a beautiful course and it’s a lot of fun. Unless you’re a bad golfer or having a bad day and then it’s a nightmare lol.

My personal favorite is Fossil Trace. It’s expensive (I think $100 per 18) but’s it’s a beautiful course and it’s a lot of fun. Unless you’re a bad golfer or having a bad day and then it’s a nightmare lol.

If you go Fossil Trace in Golden, I recommend staying at Table Mountain Inn. It's right in downtown Golden, which is a cool little town. Good restaurants and bars within a block or two. Coors brewery about a 3 block walk where you can take the free tour (and included free beers). Plus, it's right off C-470 that you can take and bypass I-25 and it's traffic through Denver on your way back from to Colorado Springs.
golden-winter-at-table-mountain-inn-golden-02.jpg

table-mountain-inn.jpg

As far as Stapleton/Northfield area, no real reason to stay there unless you are just trying to take E-470 toll to bypass everything or be close to the airport. I live somewhat near there (further northeast) out by the airport. There are a few good restaurants and ok bars, but like everyone else said, nothing special. Also, it's pretty close to not the greatest areas of Aurora and Commerce City. Personally, I'd stay on the west side of Denver, as most of the best courses are on that side (all the way from northwest to southwest ), the mountain views are better, you're already west being in Boulder/Broomfield. The drive down highway 93 from Boulder to Golden is pretty cool.

If you're really wanting to stay close to the airport the last night (for an early am flight or something), Northfield wouldn't be a bad choice. If you really want to be close, there are some hotels off Pena and Tower. Also, a couple off I-76 near Prairie Center that are a quick ride with little to no traffic in a nice area.

Last edited:
I have to mention, 300 posts in this thread to help these guys out? Goes to show that the AllBuffs’ 35 year olds are not complete dicks all of the time.....

I have to mention, 300 posts in this thread to help these guys out? Goes to show that the AllBuffs’ 35 year olds are not complete dicks all of the time.....
Also, if you're going to stay in Golden, make sure you eat at the Blue Waffle!

I forget the address but if you search Google images for the phrase "eat blue waffle" you'll know it when you see it.

Blue Waffles at the Aristocrat Motor Hotel belongs in the Eating Colfax thread.

34791663981_0f8ce2e20e_b.jpg

Back