What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Torres?

Denver Post says hawkins announced T is gone, possible could return. Homesick?
Real short article

Denver Post says hawkins announced T is gone, possible could return. Homesick?
Real short article

That short article also said Hildreth becomes No. 3 and Allen will travel to MU, but they hope to not use him/burn his redshirt.

Now who wishes our coaches wouldnt have gone after Dorian Brown :rolling_eyes:.......best have Adonis Ameen Moore on speed dial now

He seems like a real good young man and hopefully will be back. Interesting that hagan said he met with thim on Monday and he seemed happy - no indication of a problem

I don't do any Facebook stuff, but was wondering if T had a page that might shed some light.

He seems like a real good young man and hopefully will be back. Interesting that hagan said he met with thim on Monday and he seemed happy - no indication of a problem

I don't do any Facebook stuff, but was wondering if T had a page that might shed some light.

Is it just me or does Hagan say this about every player that ends up leaving the team.

I suspect, and rightfully so, they are giving him a little time to think it over and perhaps fix whatever was broken.

Watching high lights on Buffalo Stampede, Torres had a couple of just great blocks. One on Speedy's long run and another picking up a blitz. This kid has a chance to be very good. I didn't realize how much a factor he was until I saw the high lights. I hope his family talks some sense into his head. I don't think he'd be allowed to transfer to a Pac school now that we are in so his only good options, other than maybe San Diego St., would still mean he'd have to leave California. This sucks.

fwiw, AZ reported on his site that Torres has spoken to coaches and plans to come back. Some of his other info on the situation is questionable, but this sounds solid.

fwiw, AZ reported on his site that Torres has spoken to coaches and plans to come back. Some of his other info on the situation is questionable, but this sounds solid.

This is what I suspected and hoped for, and why I wished Justin's situation had not been made public. There are a handful of guys who do this EVERY year. EVERY YEAR! They hit a bump in the road they've never hit before and don't know what to do. Sometimes they long for the familiarity of home and they just go there to sort things out. Sometimes the reasons seem so easy to solve, but they can't see it until they get away for a few days and take a fresh look at their options.

For the freshmen (and I intentionally used the plural) who did exactly the same thing last year, they are fortunate that they found their way back in private and did not have to return to idotic reporter questions and fan speculation.

My two cents.

This is what I suspected and hoped for, and why I wished Justin's situation had not been made public. There are a handful of guys who do this EVERY year. EVERY YEAR! They hit a bump in the road they've never hit before and don't know what to do. Sometimes they long for the familiarity of home and they just go there to sort things out. Sometimes the reasons seem so easy to solve, but they can't see it until they get away for a few days and take a fresh look at their options.

For the freshmen (and I intentionally used the plural) who did exactly the same thing last year, they are fortunate that they found their way back in private and did not have to return to idotic reporter questions and fan speculation.

My two cents.

Hell, even TBD took some time away from Allbuffs, and he's old and set in his ways. It can happen to anyone.

Thanks! I know kids get home sick and go through a lot of emotional ups and downs. But unless there is some significant outside issue, its best to confront whats bothering you and overcome it.

My two cents.

Ok. So is he going to be in Columbia on tomorrow? I'd really like him there.

Thanks! I know kids get home sick and go through a lot of emotional ups and downs. But unless there is some significant outside issue, its best to confront whats bothering you and overcome it.

Sez Allbuff's pillar of mental health and emotional stability.

Ef. I thought this forum was in Barzil.

What I meant to say (and I'm serious about this):

Mr. Torres has shown a lot on the field already. CU has a tradition of big bruising backs--it seems as though we've found our heir apparent.

It's normal to become overwhelmed with school and homesickness. And it must be more pronounced when you're juggling a student athlete's schedule. But it gets easier with time (as do all things, except my job at NATO), and the more hurdles that we overcome, the more natural it seems to tackle larger and larger challenges. And even though I'm not completely aware of the situation, I've got to believe that facing this obstacle is integral to Mr. Torres' long term success...not only as a ball player, but as a person.

Good luck! Go Buffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully he returns and resolves whatever the situation was. Sometimes it's difficult to go away from home no matter how well you do or how tough you are. I took an immediate liking to him after watching him play. Knowing that his high school coach was Mike Moschetti gave me a heads up that he was probably a hard-nosed player. It would be nice if he develops along the lines of John "The Beast" Bayuk.:smile2:

Here's to you, Justin.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back