What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer Portal is Open

Last edited:
Keeping a running list of all these dudes is well and good, but it really doesn't mean a thing unless we have a significant NIL budget to work with. Can ANYBODY shed some light on the dollar figure we have because may limited connections seem to think it's not substantial. Thanks in advance.

If a guy has graduated, the destination school has to offer 2 years for a Master's Degree as a transfer. CU would only be able to pay 1 more year of scholarship. Stack on that there's good NIL money in that open market transfer deal. Then you have that Tad recruits and signs with the assumption that seniors will be open scholarships. I think the only 2 openings he didn't sign for are KJ & Cody. Maybe he thought Hadley would be back since he was at JUCO for the Covid year and may have been thought of as having 3 years of eligibility when signed. So, 3 signed, 3 more opened up which were expected by the time they happened, and we're waiting to see if anyone else decides to transfer.

That totally makes sense to just go somewhere else in that case.

First CU offer to Juco Nwanko, 6’6 but could probably play up to 4-like Hadley did. Tad seems to be prioritizing toughness-w/ Big-12 being toughest conference-including w/ ‘25’s Big Tee Bartlett, 6’8 F Michael Simcoe, & W Tyrus Ranthan-Mayes; & ‘26 SG Bo Ogden. I like tough small-ball-4, though undersized at 6’6- @1AlexAnamekwe4 -TX transfer in portal. But I’m staying w/ 6’11 Jevon Porter & 6’9 AJ Casey as my top transfer picks for 5-Out O GloveFits at 4 & 5?

First CU offer to Juco Nwanko, 6’6 but could probably play up to 4-like Hadley did. Tad seems to be prioritizing toughness-w/ Big-12 being toughest conference-including w/ ‘25’s Big Tee Bartlett, 6’8 F Michael Simcoe, & W Tyrus Ranthan-Mayes; & ‘26 SG Bo Ogden. I like tough small-ball-4, though undersized at 6’6- @1AlexAnamekwe4 -TX transfer in portal. But I’m staying w/ 6’11 Jevon Porter & 6’9 AJ Casey as my top transfer picks for 5-Out O GloveFits at 4 & 5?

This is good news. Offers out mean we get to keep Tad, right?

This is good news. Offers out mean we get to keep Tad, right?
I tend to agree; wouldn’t think they would be starting to make offers, if Tad leaving. But Kansas Juco may mean they have longer relationship with him than 10 portal days. Tad & Rick Ray both are known to focus on non-basketball-related relationship-building 1st, so seems time-crunch of portal may be biggest portal obstacle to how Tad & Co. typically do business? Still think ‘24s 247Sports #85 Diouf & under-the-radar Utah recruit Stephen Osei may be in-play? Similar games to Ole Miss Cam Barnes- who Coach Ray had long relationship with- & is supposedly hitting the portal. All 3 near-7-footers w/ 3pt range & perimeter-D/ rim-protection skills. That’s a Must-have role if get Batty/Lampkin-type ‘24 Tee Barlett, if don’t get a Jevon Porter-type, inside/out transfer? ‘24 Staton a higher-upside in that 2-Way stretch-big role of Diouf/Osei/Barnes.

On Thursday, 24/7 High School Hoops reported that Michigan State is one of 16 schools who has reached out to Colorado transfer wing J'Vonne Hadley, a sharpshooter who averaged 41.7% on 3-point attempts during this past season. Other notable programs who may be in pursuit of Hadley include UCLA, Iowa State, Michigan, BYU, Texas A&M and several others.

Meant Bartlett & Staton in ‘25 class.

Interestingly, Nwanko similar game to CU’s top ‘25 Wing targets: Tyrus Rathan-Mayes & Aiden Disu: tough, strong, 2-way scoring wings. Though Disu follows bro to TX? I’m good with 2-3 bigger/stronger Hadley-types!

‘25 6’8 F Michael Simcoe & ‘26 SG Bo Ogden elite shooters AND elite MOTORS-so I’m good w/ that connecting role also!

Transfer Guards w/ CU-interest seem mostly tough-minded too. All-in 4 Tough Big12! Guard Play key in Big12!

Bros, we ain’t getting any of these guys except maybe Keller if he wants to come home. @Darth Snow may be on to something with this DOOM thing. We’re in some trouble.

On Thursday, 24/7 High School Hoops reported that Michigan State is one of 16 schools who has reached out to Colorado transfer wing J'Vonne Hadley, a sharpshooter who averaged 41.7% on 3-point attempts during this past season. Other notable programs who may be in pursuit of Hadley include UCLA, Iowa State, Michigan, BYU, Texas A&M and several others.
He's a guy that potentially great teams are going to want.

I think he'd fit well at Iowa State. Plays their style of ball

Back