What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tre'Shaun Fletcher Out 6-8 Weeks

The color guy mentioned a UW player who also had a season ending injury on the court earlier in the season. Dinwiddie had different shoes than Fletcher. Our players' shoes are not uncommon. There's something wrong with their court

Yea the Huskies lost their versitle 6ft 11 starting power forward Jenard Jarreau . His injury was very very simlar to The Mayors and on the same end of the floor. No one near him was about to go up for a dunk all alone and just buckled.

NCAA needs to launch an investigation into the finish on that court. Something was wrong. Not only the injuries, but kids on both sides were sliding all over the place.
bcs excoriated me, EXCORIATED I TELL YA, in chat when I complained about the floor related to Spencer's injury. Now, while he didn't slip there, he slipped at least twice earlier and I claim that he was trying to compensate for the slippery floor and, thus, stepped awkwardly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yea the Huskies lost their versitle 6ft 11 starting power forward Jenard Jarreau . His injury was very very simlar to The Mayors and on the same end of the floor. No one near him was about to go up for a dunk all alone and just buckled.

I have to imagine Tad filed some sort of complaint with the Pac-12. Most could see how slippery it was before the injuries happened. Reminds me of the old Vet stadium in Philly---land mines everywhere. I now fear their home court advantage more than UofA

I just learned a new word.
bcs excoriated me, EXCORIATED I TELL YA, in chat when I complained about the floor related to Spencer's injury. Now, while he didn't slip there, he slipped at least twice earlier and I claim that he was trying to compensate for the slippery floor and, thus, stepped awkwardly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

NCAA needs to launch an investigation into the finish on that court. Something was wrong. Not only the injuries, but kids on both sides were sliding all over the place.
:yeahthat:

Unbelievable that they let UW get away with a surface like that! Perhaps a little litigation is in order to protect everyone who has to play on that dreck.

Nah! ..............................................................A LOT of litigation!

The story? ......Or the floor?

come on guys are we really crying about the floor? Did Washington not have to play on the same floor as we did? Did NIKE invent some special shoes that were only given to Washington?

Unbelievable that they let UW get away with a surface like that! Perhaps a little litigation is in order to protect everyone who has to play on that dreck.

Nah! ..............................................................A LOT of litigation!

They have lost one player to season ending knee injury, we have lost one to season ending knee injury, and another probably out the rest of the year. I don't want the University to get in trouble, I want to figure out what is going on with the playing surface to protect the athletes that play on it. Something is not right with it. It is either the Nike shoes or the court surface because players were slipping all game.

come on guys are we really crying about the floor? Did Washington not have to play on the same floor as we did? Did NIKE invent some special shoes that were only given to Washington?

That's what you would say if everyone was complaining about the loss to UW. As you should see, no one is flipping their lid about one road loss. UW also lost a key player to that court. Everyone could see the floor was legitimately dangerous. The color guy talked about it multiple times. We just lost two key players for the season. UW plays on the that court all season long, so maybe they're used to it. IDK. I don't care. It's not the point.

According to the manufacturer, the floor is supposed to be watered before every game. Misso..., err, Washington failed to water down the court!

According to the manufacturer, the floor is supposed to be watered before every game. Misso..., err, Washington failed to water down the court!

My thoughts exactly! What did Mac end up with on film, 26 different CO player slips on that crappy field?

That's what you would say if everyone was complaining about the loss to UW. As you should see, no one is flipping their lid about one road loss. UW also lost a key player to that court. Everyone could see the floor was legitimately dangerous. The color guy talked about it multiple times. We just lost two key players for the season. UW plays on the that court all season long, so maybe they're used to it. IDK. I don't care. It's not the point.

In case anyone's interested, Pac 12 network is replaying the game today @ 5:30pm MST. Since I watched the game at a sports bar with no sound, I'll be watching it to hear how much the announcers commented on the floor. Otherwise, it will be painful. :cry:

Good points. I'll watch the game again of I can stomach it.

This is something that I'm beginning to wonder as well....there seemed to be a lot of kids slipping out there, and i'll dismiss 1 as a freak accident, but 2.....?

The Heelys Washington was wearing had the wheels retracted.

Spencer was clearly wearing the wrong footwear.
6amumutu.jpg

We need a free agent that can knock-down outside shots. Does Reggie Miller have any eligibility left?

I really think it was our shoes. I didn't notice many UW guys slipping. I noticed a LOT of ours.

I'm not sure what the deal was, but there was definitely lots of slipping going on for both teams. Although it did seem like we were slipping more - maybe Washington is just used to that not so funny joke of a floor. It's easy to say that hindsight is 20/20, however, it seemed obvious to me, and I even commented about it prior to both injuries (no jinxing, as I didn't mention any injury potential, so don't blame me) in the game thread. I wondered if Tad's dancing kid was wiping up the floor since players on both teams were slipping everywhere.

Spencer's injury came from planting his left foot and having it grip the floor. Slipperiness wasn't a factor in the Mayor's injury. If needed to be said.

i was hoping Fletcher would be eligible for a medical RS, I looked it up, you have to play in less than 30% of games, no way he can get under that # even if CU played a bunch of games in the P12 tourney and NCAA/NIT.

Spencer's injury came from planting his left foot and having it grip the floor. Slipperiness wasn't a factor in the Mayor's injury. If needed to be said.

it's been said about 75 times, the argument has been did he plant extra hard due to the court condition.

Back