What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuesday CU Buff Bites - Colorado Recruiting: What more do you want?

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

Honestly; after the news that Will Harlos de-committed from Wake so he could play at CU, and the rumor that Juda Parker might have done the same to Washington so he could wear Black and Gold; what more do you want? Oh. You want Buff Bites, too. I see how it is.

colorado_logo.png
Recruiting Update " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair - I though Stuart had the right number of exclamation points here. This recruiting class is getting very exciting.

Harlos changes commitment!!Three-star linebacker Will Harlos has been committed to Wake Forest since March. He has now been committed to Colorado since Monday. Harlos, a 6′4″, 195-pound prospect from Somerset, Texas, has decided to forego his commitment to the Demon Deacons, and will instead follow teammated Stevie Dorman to Boulder. The deicision was obviously not an easy one for Harlos. "It is incredibly stressful right now," Harlos told BuffStampede.com earlier Monday. "It is going to be up to me in the end, but I am going to go home and talk about it with my family … I don’t know what is going to ultimately help me make this decision, but I hope I know soon."

colorado_logo.png
Brooks: Buffs, Cyclones Stuck In 'Need-A-Win' Mode - CUBuffs.com

With the exception of CU's swift start (3-0) in league play, the Buffs and Cyclones have traveled a similarly frustrating path. They're not mirror images of each other, but both teams are undersized in comparison to the rest of the league, have to rebound and defend every time they take the floor to stay competitive, and don't have much wiggle room in the overall margin-for-error category.​
colorado_logo.png
Brooks: Burnette, Lewis Get Jump-Start With Buffs - CUBuffs.com

Colorado heads into Wednesday's national signing day with a pair of newcomers already on campus and taking spring semester classes.Both believe their January arrival will help them get a head start academically. Their front-end participation in new speed, strength and conditioning director Malcolm Blacken's vastly revamped off-season program can't hurt either.

Timing is everything, and Brent Burnette appears to be arriving at CU at the right time. He's a pro-style quarterback coming to a football program that's going to that style of offense.

Alex Lewis is an offensive lineman who was hyped to sign with the Buffaloes a year ago. He didn't care much for the "grayshirt" philosophy until it was explained more in depth to him - and now believes it might be one of his best decisions ever.

colorado_logo.png
Brooks: Burnette, Lewis Get Jump-Start With Buffs - CUBuffs.com

Colorado heads into Wednesday's national signing day with a pair of newcomers already on campus and taking spring semester classes. Both believe their January arrival will help them get a head start academically. Their front-end participation in new speed, strength and conditioning director Malcolm Blacken's vastly revamped off-season program can't hurt either. Timing is everything, and Brent Burnette appears to be arriving at CU at the right time. He's a pro-style quarterback coming to a football program that's going to that style of offense. Alex Lewis is an offensive lineman who was hyped to sign with the Buffaloes a year ago. He didn't care much for the "grayshirt" philosophy until it was explained more in depth to him - and now believes it might be one of his best decisions ever.​
colorado_logo.png
CU Transition Classes " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair - From McCartney to Hawkins - A look at Colorado's last four Transition Classes of recruits

After the jump; feature articles about The death of the Spread offense, The Detmer family's Long wait, and the only father/son duo to win Super Bowls. I'll give you three guesses where the Dad played football.

colorado_logo.png
Nebraska Cornhuskers end licensing deal with Taylor Martinez's father - ESPN

The Nebraska athletic department has ended its apparel licensing agreement with the father of quarterback Taylor Martinez. The contract was signed in June 2007 -- one year before Nebraska offered Taylor Martinez a football scholarship. Taylor Martinez signed his letter of intent with the Huskers in February 2009 without visiting another school.​
colorado_logo.png
Of Fathers And Sons And The Fraternity Of Football - CUBuffs.com

Former CU standout Emery Moorehead and his son, Aaron, are the only father and son pair to play in and win a Super Bowl - Emery as a tight end for the 1985 Chicago Bears and Aaron as a wide receiver for the 2007 Indianapolis Colts.​
colorado_logo.png
Is the Spread Offense Dying? " Sports Casualties

The spread went from being a gimmick that smaller schools used to even the playing field to a must-have system that leaked into nearly every elite college program not named Southern California. It even seeped into the NFL where Meyer said he was contacted by three pro coaches interested in implementing pieces of his spread options into their playbooks, and Bill Belichick used the more pass-oriented version of the spread during New England’s 2007 undefeated regular season. One 2009 ESPN.com article counted 48 FBS college football teams that ran some form of the spread offense at least 75 percent of the time. But six years later, the national scene might be showing that the innovative style of football is outlasting its welcome.​
colorado_logo.png
Lorne Chan: The Detmer family's long wait - San Antonio Express-News

Somerset quarterback Stevie Dorman has the size at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds. He has the pedigree as the nephew of former NFL QBs Ty and Koy Detmer. He has the numbers, holding the area career passing record of 9,253 yards.Until last week, he didn't have an FBS scholarship offer.

Dorman immediately said yes last Thursday when Colorado coach Jon Embree called. If not for the fact that Koy knows Embree personally, Dorman might still be waiting. Dorman said a part of him already accepted that a scholarship might not come along. He was ready to attend Navarro Junior College in the fall if no offer came by February.

colorado_logo.png
2011 NFL Mock Draft - Don Banks - SI.com - Don Banks has two Buffs going in the first round. Who gets to keep wearing black and who gets to keep wearing gold? Find out.

Two Buffs in the First Round? Way To Go, Buffs!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back