What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Two Days From Now I'll Know Exactly Where I Stand, I Think

Rudy is like Sarah Jessica Parker.....its not as bad as people say it is. But people hate it because the people who love it think its the best.

I'm confused now.

I picture Hawkins doing something like the coach in Hoosiers. Take out a tape measure and showing the team that the goal posts are the same height in Columbia as it is in Boulder and a yard is the same distance.

Figuring out how to win on the road in year five... priceless (but still not worth an extension).

Rudy is like Sarah Jessica Parker.....its not as bad as people say it is. But people hate it because the people who love it think its the best.

I'm confused now.

Yeah. My dad loved that movie. I thought it was a cheesefest, but it had a certain charm.

I know exactly where I stand and I'm 99% sure I won't be changing it.

This!!!
Even if we win this weekend I want Hawk gone. Even if we go 8-4 this season I still want Hawk gone.
Everyone knows he's in way over his head so even if he has a good season this year there is no way he will be able to sustain it. A good 2010 season is just an abberation. A statistical anomaly. We need him gone. The longer we keep him the more we prolong the suffering of the program.

a close loss is better than what we're used to but it doesn't change anything. CU needs to win this game for me to lay off hawk. I don't care if it's by 1 point or 21. Win the damn game, this staff has looked lost in the previous 3 vs mizzou.

a close loss is better than what we're used to but it doesn't change anything. CU needs to win this game for me to lay off hawk. I don't care if it's by 1 point or 21. Win the damn game, this staff has looked lost in the previous 3 vs mizzou.

a close loss would be the worst ....
Talkins would somehow try to spin it & claim another moral victory and blame the loss due to not being extended-

a close loss would be the worst ....
Talkins would somehow try to spin it & claim another moral victory and blame the loss due to not being extended-

I would agree with that. The time for moral victories and excuses are over, it's not an unreal task to win a road game in the big 12.

Not interested in a close loss. No moral victories. We don't need to dominate - I doubt we could anyway - but a win is crucial here.

This!!!
Even if we win this weekend I want Hawk gone. Even if we go 8-4 this season I still want Hawk gone.
Everyone knows he's in way over his head so even if he has a good season this year there is no way he will be able to sustain it. A good 2010 season is just an abberation. A statistical anomaly. We need him gone. The longer we keep him the more we prolong the suffering of the program.

I was having a conversation this morning with an ASU grad that also likes CU and was saying the same thing, warning that Hawkins is getting close to going down the Koetter path and winning just enough games to keep his job even though everyone knew the wins were a fluke.

Win or lose I think this staff probably needs to go. If they get totally blown off the field again then they ought to fire them on trip home.

Let's be honest - he should have been fired after the Cal game. Seriously. He shouldn't have been allowed on the team plane. If they're not going to fire him after that, what makes you think they're going to fire him after losing to a team he ALWAYS loses to.

I realized this morning that if we win 9 games and keep Hawk, I can't be THAT pissed. I will be livid, but not light myself on fire angry. That will mean that we went 6-2 in our final year of conference play in the Big Burrito.

Then i realized there's no way in hell we win 6 Big Burrito conference games, but if we do I will actually be really happy - at least until the offseason.

You're looking for reasons not to get on board. Come on man, we'd be 4-1 with a pretty good chance to make some waves.

Oh I'll be happy as **** with a win, but as far as getting back on the keep Dan Hawkins board, not yet.

As I said, I'm not going to worry about Dan Hawkins any more. I'm just going to be a Buff fan and enjoy the season.

I'm not expecting much. I expect Dan will lose big and one step closer to being gone which is a good consolation prize. I should've been fired 2 years ago, but that extension thing got in the way. If we win I'll be ecstatic, but I still dont want Hackins as our coach. It's quite the dilemna us CU fans have this year. We want the Buffs to win, get a good recruiting class AND at the same time get a good coach from a name-program. Unfortunately things wont work out that way. If we win 7+ games Hacks stays, if we lose 6 he's probably gone and we get a underwhelming recruiting class, they may be some variables that the DiStefano, Bohn, and boosters are willing to accept versus others in keeping hackins, BUT we can only guess.

I for one, still think it's the same ol' Hack with the same crappy asst coaches (with a couple exceptions) and same crappy coaching style that leaves much to be desired. I dont expect much this season but I dont expect much from Hack, I just want him gone, and I'll be surprised if we win 7 games. If he somehow manages to win 9+ games I may be willing to keep him another year BUT I dont think that's going to happen. i'll be happiest when we annouce the new coach and fresh start.

Mizzou will probably beat us soundly tomorrow.

I picture Hawkins doing something like the coach in Hoosiers. Take out a tape measure and showing the team that the goal posts are the same height in Columbia as it is in Boulder and a yard is the same distance.

Figuring out how to win on the road in year five... priceless (but still not worth an extension).

Gimme Gene Hackman, er, Norman Dale right now!

Maybe we'll win 10 or more games and Hawkins will get hired away. We get our great season, we get our new coach, and we avoid paying any buyout money.

Just let it play out and enjoy the ride. Lots of stuff could still happen.

Lets face it. We could lose the next four almost as easily as we could go 3-1 (No chance against OU). To me, how we fare in the next 4 may very well determne Hawk's fate. Lets say we beat KU, ISU, and KSt. That gives us 6 wins. That means, if you guy the 8 win scenario, Hawk will have to go 2-3 against Mizzou, BU, TT, OU and NU. I think we can beat TT and BU. So, if we win Saturday, you could make a pretty strong case that Hawk can get us to 9 wins. Personally, if he gets to 8 wins but loses to MU, OU, and NU, especially if they are embarrassed, I'd make a change. The odds are still against him.

Lets face it. We could lose the next four almost as easily as we could go 3-1 (No chance against OU). To me, how we fare in the next 4 may very well determne Hawk's fate. Lets say we beat KU, ISU, and KSt. That gives us 6 wins. That means, if you guy the 8 win scenario, Hawk will have to go 2-3 against Mizzou, BU, TT, OU and NU. I think we can beat TT and BU. So, if we win Saturday, you could make a pretty strong case that Hawk can get us to 9 wins. Personally, if he gets to 8 wins but loses to MU, OU, and NU, especially if they are embarrassed, I'd make a change. The odds are still against him.
to me 8-4 with our schedule... losing to Cal, MU, OU and NU is really not that impressive-
yes 8 wins is something CU fans haven't seen in awhile but other than a 1-4 UGA win ... I don't see any great wins
would there be such a thing as "the worst 8-4 team in college football" ?

to me 8-4 with our schedule... losing to Cal, MU, OU and NU is really not that impressive-
yes 8 wins is something CU fans haven't seen in awhile but other than a 1-4 UGA win ... I don't see any great wins

I'll take the worst 8-4 team in college football over the worst 3-9 team....

The next 4? How about every single game left looks like it could be just as losable as winnable. btw, I agree about OU, but remember OU has been playign to the level of their competetion, so if they keep that up then technically theres a chance against them.

As for the 8 wins, I would be happy with that, we haven't seen 8 wins in almost 7 years!

Hawk has never sniffed 8 wins here and it has been a loooong time since CU has had 8 wins, 2004 to be exact. If he can pull of 8, with out anymore embarrasing blowout losses, then I say thats good enough to retain him at least another year.

Hawk has never sniffed 8 wins here and it has been a loooong time since CU has had 8 wins, 2004 to be exact. If he can pull of 8, with out anymore embarrasing blowout losses, then I say thats good enough to retain him at least another year.

normally I would agree but with the schedule CU has 8 wins isn't enough- would have been last year but not this one

Back