What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA commit and Evan's buddy coming to CU to play WR?

Saw a story somewhere that said he didn't do it but was present and ran. Guilt by association. Allegedly one of the others present did the snatching.

If hanging around stupid people makes a person a criminal then I may be looking at life without parole for the time I spend on this site. :lol::lol:

It is easy to be nailed as an accomplice in a crime but how many of us have been around others who have done something illegal when we didn't expect it to happen. Does accepting a ride from somebody and later finding out that there were drugs and/or weapons in the car make you a criminal? It can if the car gets stopped with you in it but it doesn't mean that you are a bad person.

The only thing with guys who have something like this on their records is that they need to be informed by the program that they are expected to demonstrate better judgement in the future in terms of who they hang around with because additional issues will be looked at as a pattern of behavior, not a mistake.

Hmmm...doesn't exactly sound like they're completely kicked out of the program. Sounds like they could be reinstated for the winter quarter. I guess the question lies in whether they would still have a schollie or could come back in the winter quarter, but as walk-ons.

Advance "my bad" if this the scholarship questions has already been answered and I just missed it.

Hmmm...doesn't exactly sound like they're completely kicked out of the program. Sounds like they could be reinstated for the winter quarter. I guess the question lies in whether they would still have a schollie or could come back in the winter quarter, but as walk-ons.

Advance "my bad" if this the scholarship questions has already been answered and I just missed it.

not sure how the UC system dates their quarters, but having worked at U of Denver (also on the quarter system).....Winter quarter starts after the new year. so, they are gonzo for this season assuming the same basic calendar.

I can't believe you guys are hoping some kid gets kicked out of UCLA so he can come here.

I can't believe you guys are hoping some kid gets kicked out of UCLA so he can come here.

On the bright side, if we're hoping he comes here it means that he beat the charges, so I guess folks are rooting for him...right?

I don't know if you guys are serious or not, but I am. I don't want someone who is leaving a program for theft to be opened with desperate open arms at CU.

:yeahthat:

Even if the charges are reduced or dropped that dosn't mean he won't do something stupid here too. I don't see talkins campaigning to hard to take this guy in. All things considered, the risk is too great.

:yeahthat:

Even if the charges are reduced or dropped that dosn't mean he won't do something stupid here too. I don't see talkins campaigning to hard to take this guy in. All things considered, the risk is too great.

The quotes from his dad sounded like there were familial consequences and his son would not be screwing up again. Kids do idotic things. It was neither violent nor one of a series of screwups as far as we know. He made a mistake like many freshmen make, players or not. I would absolutely give him the second chance.

How can CU not say :finger: to Rick?

Rick is in full damage control mode now based on his history. CU is not.

If he's not convicted, then accept him...

I'm all for giving guys a second chance. I've seen us burned a few times for doing it, though. And to actually bring a guy in who already has a strike on him is even more risky.

How can CU not say :finger: to Rick?

Rick is in full damage control mode now based on his history. CU is not.

If he's not convicted, then accept him...

What I love most about this observation is that it's coming from a quasi-outsider. CU is out of damage control mode...WOOT!!

I doubt he would actually get a chance to play here, anyway. Doesn't seem like a "Hawkins guy".

I doubt he would actually get a chance to play here, anyway. Doesn't seem like a "Hawkins guy".

He'll be here long after Hawkins is gone.

Get him in. If he screws up, let him go. I really don't see the downside here.

If he had been accused of violence or sexual assault or something, or if even if he had been the guy who took the purse/book bag whatever, then i could see why you'd want to keep him out. But he ran when the guy he was with stole a purse. That's not a reason to keep somebody out of college, football player or not. So if he wants to come here, great. And, just as with the rest of the team, if he screws up punish him.

Bring him in...

Surprised we haven't heard any leaks regarding the decision that was supposed to be handed down on Monday. Any of our resident stalkers have any possible sightings of him on Boulder? Rumor was that he was planning to come out if things went well on Monday. Would figure if this was even a possibility he would probably be in Boulder now.

Bring him in...

Surprised we haven't heard any leaks regarding the decision that was supposed to be handed down on Monday. Any of our resident stalkers have any possible sightings of him on Boulder? Rumor was that he was planning to come out if things went well on Monday. Would figure if this was even a possibility he would probably be in Boulder now.

I wonder if the a/dept decided it would be better if he arrived after the b12-2 media days?

I would say the rewards outweigh the risks in this instance. I say bring him in and just keep him on a short leash. Yes he could screw up again but he might have also learned his lesson.

Can we afford to not take a "chance" on this kid. Come on. We are hardly taking a chance here. From what everyone has posted there is a high likelihood this kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It sounds like his family is involved with the discipline as well.

It's not like he is out punching kickers or anything.

Can we afford to not take a "chance" on this kid. Come on. We are hardly taking a chance here. From what everyone has posted there is a high likelihood this kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It sounds like his family is involved with the discipline as well.

It's not like he is out punching kickers or anything.
I agree. My only hesitation with the guy is that he ran away when the other dude grabbed the bookbag, he should have thrown an open field block on the pursuers instead....but Coach Prince should be able to teach downfield blocking, so I say this is full of win....

Back