What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA vs Baylor

I'm no Baylor fan, but I can acknowledge that they're doing very well lately in a lot of sports. When CU starts winning agin I'm sure some of you guys will be able to move beyond this kind of childish and petty attitude and be happy for the success of others.

Men's basketball; scoreboard, beyotch.

I'm no Baylor fan, but I can acknowledge that they're doing very well lately in a lot of sports. When CU starts winning agin I'm sure some of you guys will be able to move beyond this kind of childish and petty attitude and be happy for the success of others.
There are many programs that I'm pleased are doing well. Baylor is not one of them. I thought I made that clear. I don't know if it's possible to like Baylor as a CU Fan. I know which one I'm a fan of.

Perfect description of the Baylor response when it appeared that the Big XII was going to fall apart and Baylor was going to be left behind when the Big XII south powers headed to a new PAC 16. The Baylor administration and their fan base started a full scale assault of lies and insults towards CU as they tried to get the schools that actually matter like Texas, A&M, etc. to try to influence the PAC to dump CU and take them instead.

I dislike Baylor, primarily because of some of the comments they made when we were leaving the Big 12 and they were potentially being left behind. I really have not been plugged in to what sorts of infractions they've committed or are alleged to have committed. Could you fill us in regarding what puts their cheating at another level from the Oregon's and USC's of the world?
The biggest is Scott Drew being widely considered as the 2nd biggest cheater in basketball behind Caliparri. You don't return from a murder scandal so quickly like they have, especially when you have jack**** for basketball tradition. And they are/were a SWAC school.

Last edited:
Perfect description of the Baylor response when it appeared that the Big XII was going to fall apart and Baylor was going to be left behind when the Big XII south powers headed to a new PAC 16. The Baylor administration and their fan base started a full scale assault of lies and insults towards CU as they tried to get the schools that actually matter like Texas, A&M, etc. to try to influence the PAC to dump CU and take them instead.

You got an example? Not familiar with this.

The biggest is Scott Drew being widely considered as the 2nd biggest cheater in basketball behind Caliparri. You don't return from a murder scandal so quickly like they have, especially when you have jack**** for basketball tradition. And they are/were a SWAC school.
Facts or allegations?

Seriously?

Kenneth Starr and his patsy Buddy Jones drag CU through the mud with completely false statements and I should be happy for those mealy-mouthed Baptist pricks?

**** Baylor.

Ask your other SWC buddies, Rice, Houston, SMU (who admittedly never had a chance) and TCU what they think of Baylor. Ask aTm.

**** Baylor. They've had some success. They suck balls. I'm not happy for them.

Seriously?

Kenneth Starr and his patsy Buddy Jones drag CU through the mud with completely false statements and I should be happy for those mealy-mouthed Baptist pricks?

**** Baylor.

Ask your other SWC buddies, Rice, Houston, SMU (who admittedly never had a chance) and TCU what they think of Baylor. Ask aTm.

**** Baylor. They've had some success. They suck balls. I'm not happy for them.
What were the false statements?

Use the search function. Way more stuff from Starr on down than I would want to bother quoting for you.

You could start with this thread

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/73905-Never-Forget?highlight=starr

and go back from there

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread....ent-pushing-for-Bears-over-CU?highlight=starr

And theres lots more.

He won't get it Mt. In that big hairy, Machiavellian false bravado world that is Texas, what Buddy Jones did was perfectly acceptable.

T• Baylor is superior to Colorado academically. Baylor has athletic facilities superior to Colorado. Colorado doesn’t participate in the number of sports that Baylor does. Baylor’s overall record in all collegiate sports dwarfs that of Colorado. Our football, basketball (women’s and men’s), baseball, softball, track, tennis, golf programs are vastly superior to Colorado’s. The Baptist church base extends across the country and certainly trumps the University of Colorado’s local base limited to a small town in Colorado..

These are the viscious lies? Please. This is just a sales pitch. Both schools were jockeying for position. Everyone thinks their school is superior and can cherry pick stats to support their opinion.

You guys are butthurt over this? Maybe there is more and worse. I'll search on.

These are the viscious lies? Please. This is just a sales pitch. Both schools were jockeying for position. Everyone thinks their school is superior and can cherry pick stats to support their opinion.

You guys are butthurt over this? Maybe there is more and worse. I'll search on.

Yes, trying to worm your way into somebody else's good deal, by fronting falsehoods should be considered bad form. Especially by those whom were besmirched by the falsehoods.

I'm not surprised you don't see it.

Furthermore, Baylor's leadership's claims that Texas schools have a proud tradition of sticking together rang somewhat hollow considering the events following the SWC shakeup.

Yes, trying to worm your way into somebody else's good deal, by fronting falsehoods should be considered bad form. Especially by those whom were besmirched by the falsehoods.

I'm not surprised you don't see it.

Furthermore, Baylor's leadership's claims that Texas schools have a proud tradition of sticking together rang somewhat hollow considering the events following the SWC shakeup.

You do know that Baylor competes in many more sports than CU, right? Also, Baylor has done very well in some of the "other" sports, including national championships. Tennis, etc.

Listen, I don't care about Baylor, but I think you are making too much out of this. They're just saying Baylor is/was a better choice. This is selling. Positioning your product above the competitive product.

You do know that Baylor competes in many more sports than CU, right? Also, Baylor has done very well in some of the "other" sports, including national championships. Tennis, etc.

Listen, I don't care about Baylor, but I think you are making too much out of this. They're just saying Baylor is/was a better choice. This is selling. Positioning your product above the competitive product.

Larry Scott had already offered a spot to CU. Baylor was trying to remove that opportunity by latching themselves to Texas. Look up academic rankings for both schools. I believe the Buddy Jones email specifically cited football supremacy over CU. At that point, at the following the worst five years in CU's history, we were still one win better than Baylor over that same span.

I recognize they have more sports than CU. That seems like a different discussion than what was fronted. And again, look at the broader strategy--attach the school to the hip of big brother, while slinging mud at CU.

I've spent enough time on Shaggy to know that plenty of Texas fans indulge grudges for slights far less egregious. I think we have a pretty good case to despise Baylor here.

Again, ask your other SWC buddies what they think of Baylor's tactics.

Larry Scott had already offered a spot to CU. Baylor was trying to remove that opportunity by latching themselves to Texas. Look up academic rankings for both schools. I believe the Buddy Jones email specifically cited football supremacy over CU. At that point, at the following the worst five years in CU's history, we were still one win better than Baylor over that same span.

I recognize they have more sports than CU. That seems like a different discussion than what was fronted. And again, look at the broader strategy--attach the school to the hip of big brother, while slinging mud at CU.

I've spent enough time on Shaggy to know that plenty of Texas fans indulge grudges for slights far less egregious. I think we have a pretty good case to despise Baylor here.

Again, ask your other SWC buddies what they think of Baylor's tactics.

You are exactly right about Texas fans on Shaggy indulging grudges for less. Shaggy is 100x worse than anything here.

I get what you are saying, but I think it's fair game in the business world. There is, to me a difference between "puffery" and outright lies and slander. What I've seen so far falls into the puffery category, but that's just me.

What do you think recruiters say to kids? Our school is better than x school or y school, etc.

Anyone can cherry pick stuff. A BU guy could post links about Ward Churchill or other things.

Wardo was not involved in murder of an athlete.
No CU regent ever publicly ran a smear campaign at a statehouse.
The 2001 pseudo scandal never named a single alleged rapist
Training table violations aren't major NCAA infractions

It's cute we have a Baylor apologist shill here on Allbuffs.

Why are you guys wasting your time with the troll. Walter has his head buried in Baylor's crotch and is not taking the time to read your links.

only baylor is gheyer than baylor.

nothing is worse than cheating baptists. i like art briles...but c'mon.

you are baylor.

a snot nosed rich kid better than average school in Texas. ugh. you could overspend and go to DU for instance.
you could go to college twice at UT for what BU costs. if you are a texan and believe all that nonsense.

Back