What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - 2018 Game 7 - Washington (Away)

It didn't use to be as bad but since the 2015 uniform update the shade of gold on the pants got lighter. One of the few things that upgrade made worse.
Probably. But for some reason that combo in general just looks washed out. And like I've mentioned before - I need SOME black component to the uni...and a black helmet in this particular situation would be gross.

What exactly do you consider the best road combo?
I think we do that one once and mix in the rest. I like the all whites and all silvers. I love when both teams get to wear dark/colored jerseys the best. White combos in general have never excited me much, and white/gold is not a good look overall.

Meh on the GWB
Tradition and yada yada. Just like GBG is not our best home combo (that would be GBB), GWB is not our best roadie. I'm definitely on team Silver and White for road combos. SWW might be my favorite.
vsco006.jpg

Interesting they haven't announced yet- it seems like they've announced the uniforms on Tuesday every week so far.

True. The old, darker, shinier pants would look much better than these.
DplXGNUU4AE_se1.jpg

Dockers faded khaki.

I think a SWW or SWS would be good in Seattle. As much as multiple uniform combos drive me nuts, it is something that can help bring in the talent. Of course, if I was a prospective recruit, visiting Boulder and seeing the flatirons in the distance would be enough for me to be excited at the chance to play at CU

Looking at that picture just crystallizes in my mind what I have learned from all the helmet/jersey links I've seen here over the past couple of years.

Since the program came out with the multiple colors/combination look, there have been plenty of people bemoaning our "traditional look" and saying things like "Notre Dame and Alabama don't have multiple jerseys". Setting aside the fact that ND actually does, what I've learned is that CU doesn't have a truly "traditional look".

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been a single decade where there haven't been substantive changes made to uniform design, uniform color, helmet design, helmet color, logos, lettering, numbers, etc.

Which is fine with me. Most programs aren't Penn State, Michigan, or USC, and they have made changes to their look over the years. It's not like we're in the minority.

We all have our ideas of what the best look is, and for a lot of us, those looks tend to remind us of the most successful times CU has had, which is why so many of us love GBG, GBB, and GWB. But we shouldn't confuse that with some notion of some non-existent "traditional look".

I feel like if we wear gray (or "silver" or whatever), we will just blend in with the gray-ass washington sky and it looks super depressing.

Back