What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

University of Colorado's Phil DiStefano hesitant on Folsom Field upgrades

Some good points, but I do not think you can underestimate the effect of the scandal though. That more than anything left a lasting stain on the CU brand for several years. Hard to take risks when you are getting raked through the coals for the better part of 2-3 years by the national media. The problem is the snakebit mentality that formed during those years has not subsided in some ways.

I'd argue that the biggest national story coming out of CU during the last 10 years was Ward Churchill.

That was on Phil's watch, too.

I'd argue that the biggest national story coming out of CU during the last 10 years was Ward Churchill.

That was on Phil's watch, too.

Odd to pin that one on DiStefano... and I am not sure how you would have had him address it in a different manner.

Phil, Phil, Phil. You gotta be kidding me. Tell me you're kidding me, Phil.

Odd to pin that one on DiStefano... and I am not sure how you would have had him address it in a different manner.

No. You are absolutely right. Phil has been a tremendous leader and a great asset to the University of Colorado. His leadership has cemented CU Boulder as one of the finest universities within a 550 mile radius of Folsom.

No. You are absolutely right. Phil has been a tremendous leader and a great asset to the University of Colorado. His leadership has cemented CU Boulder as one of the finest universities within a 550 mile radius of Folsom.

I give him about a C+ overall, so I am not thrilled with the job he has done. I think you raise some valid points. I also thinking blaming him for the Churchill saga is a little unfair.

reed marks is saying it was said for political reasoning... nothing else, he also said things are still full speed ahead

I give him about a C+ overall, so I am not thrilled with the job he has done. I think you raise some valid points. I also thinking blaming him for the Churchill saga is a little unfair.

Let me frame it this way. The most noteworthy story that has come out of Boulder while Phil DeStephano has been Chancellor has been the dismissal of Ward Churchill.

Think of this as an indictment of what Phil DeStephano hasn't done. Certainly you can portray PS's accomplishments and leadership with a story that overshadows his track record of cleaning up the mess of the Barnett Pseudo Scandal, removing Ward Churchil, extending Dan Hawkins, and screwing around with the 4/20 crowd.

Phil has been there to long. He isn't focused on encouraging dynmamic change, he doesn't have the time or energy left in his career to do that. He is much more interested in treading water and staying out of controversy.

Doesn't mean he is a bad guy but CU can't afford this at this time. Higher education is competing for students, for quality faculty, for programs and the research dollars and recognition that go with those. I don't think Phil being in his position right now puts CU in a good place in the competition that is a part of today.

Phil has been there to long. He isn't focused on encouraging dynmamic change, he doesn't have the time or energy left in his career to do that. He is much more interested in treading water and staying out of controversy.

Doesn't mean he is a bad guy but CU can't afford this at this time. Higher education is competing for students, for quality faculty, for programs and the research dollars and recognition that go with those. I don't think Phil being in his position right now puts CU in a good place in the competition that is a part of today.

Phil = old P12 commish

Geez guys, lighten up. He didn't say anything we didn't already know. The funding for the project isn't there yet... It'll have to be from private funds.... September/Fall is when we'll hear something official... same thing Bohn said back in April.

Time for Phil to retire, we need new visionaries in the same mold as our Pac12 commish.

Bye bye Phil!!

Geez guys, lighten up. He didn't say anything we didn't already know. The funding for the project isn't there yet... It'll have to be from private funds.... September/Fall is when we'll hear something official... same thing Bohn said back in April.

D'ja think the funding might be there a little faster if Phil announced he was meeting with donors and that he and Bohn were on the same page?

Still feel good to this day when I got right in his face at the 2009 Nebraska game and bitched him out for hanging on to DII. Had to vent and the opportunity definitely presented itself.

Still feel good to this day when I got right in his face at the 2009 Nebraska game and bitched him out for hanging on to DII. Had to vent and the opportunity definitely presented itself.

Wish you had been more convincing!

Back