What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

Surprised no one posted Adam's tweet. Seems kind of unlikely that we will play USC per Adam. Hope we can play this week.

Oh sure-that's why we see games being scheduled 14-15 years out every spring.

@manhattanbuf-we're already halfway to that scenario becoming reality. Let's see what happens in Salt Lake City this week.

BYU has open dates on the 28th and 5th.....I'm sure that game with North Alabama could be moved back a week if nothing else in conference happened.

I think a late opponent change hurts the Buffs. We're not as talented as some teams so the prep and game planning time is critical.
This is why I hope it's USC. We start preparing for USC today. If USC-Utah gets cancelled Wednesday, USC only has a couple days to prepare for us with a - how to say this kindly - less than stellar coaching staff.

This is why I hope it's USC. We start preparing for USC today. If USC-Utah gets cancelled Wednesday, USC only has a couple days to prepare for us with a - how to say this kindly - less than stellar coaching staff.

That scenario would be great but I just can't see the conference doing something that might hurt the chance for a team to make the cfp. Especially when it comes to u$c, unless it meant that they could squeeze in u$c / Notre dumb late in the season.

Is Wednesday the deadline for Utah?

That scenario would be great but I just can't see the conference doing something that might hurt the chance for a team to make the cfp. Especially when it comes to u$c, unless it meant that they could squeeze in u$c / Notre dumb late in the season.
If Utah can't play, they don't have a choice. The conference put themselves in a major hole to dig out of by starting so late, having no wiggle room for make up games and only play 6, maybe 7 games while everyone else is at least playing 9+. An undefeated USC and Oregon are the only two P12 programs who have a shot at CFP, but they have to be 6-0/7-0 or there's zero chance.

If Utah can't play, they don't have a choice. The conference put themselves in a major hole to dig out of by starting so late, having no wiggle room for make up games and only play 6, maybe 7 games while everyone else is at least playing 9+. An undefeated USC and Oregon are the only two P12 programs who have a shot at CFP, but they have to be 6-0/7-0 or there's zero chance.

Precisely why I think the 12pac won't force this short notice game on u$c - they'd rather have a 6-0 team they could lobby for a playoff spot.

Precisely why I think the 12pac won't force this short notice game on u$c - they'd rather have a 6-0 team they could lobby for a playoff spot.
The Pac 12 isn't going to let two "healthy" teams sit idle just because they don't want to force a game on SC with minimal prep. Besides, if USC can't beat Colorado on short notice, they aren't a CFP contender anyways.

The Pac 12 isn't going to let two "healthy" teams sit idle just because they don't want to force a game on SC with minimal prep. Besides, if USC can't beat Colorado on short notice, they aren't a CFP contender anyways.
But if they can beat us with short notice, they’re definitely the best team in the nation and should be awarded the National Championship.

This may be the case but I think it would be short sided by them. We have gone through 2 weeks of the season and have canceled 4 out of 12 games. That would put everyone on pace for 4-5 games on average. If you aren't up for jamming games in where you can no one is getting to 6 or 7 games.

To your 1st sentence - the conference has been uber-conservative to date. The only decision made against that grain was moving the Cal/fucla game. I don't see them risking health exposures OR cfp contender possibilities just because there's an available weekend.

To your 1st sentence - the conference has been uber-conservative to date. The only decision made against that grain was moving the Cal/fucla game. I don't see them risking health exposures OR cfp contender possibilities just because there's an available weekend.

This tweet is already in this thread-If Utah can't play this weekend, CU and USC will be moved up.

I’m saying from a competitive equity standpoint. Getting to play a non-conference opponent can be very helpful, especially if they’re bad.
Sure, but sitting idle for two weeks like Utah and ASU are going to do also affects competitiveness. At this point, the conferences should just err on the side of playing more, rather than fewer, games.

Sure, but sitting idle for two weeks like Utah and ASU are going to do also affects competitiveness. At this point, the conferences should just err on the side of playing more, rather than fewer, games.
Once the president's gave the green light to play, now the AD's have more control and they are going to do whatever they can to play more. Also every game played is going to be on a national network which means more money in the conference's pocket.

When was the UCLA - Cal matchup announced? Trying to determine time frame for our game

Back