What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

If OOC game is on the table, I'm rooting hard for USC Utah to go. How fun would it be to play another P5 team that we didn't have on our schedule or planned at all in the next several years? Dicking MSU and Mel down would be epic. Ole Miss/GT would both be fun. Ruining BYU's great season would be great. I can't see many downsides.

As much fun as these games would be if it even gets approved I'm guessing in reality it's going to be a crappy school like la tech or UMass that ends up coming. BYU has a game this weekend. The SEC and B1G aren't going to allow ooc all of a sudden.

GA Tech could theoretically happen sooner the ACC showed one ooc and they haven't played one but I think the PAC will make CU wait until later in the week to make sure it's not looking like another PAC game is going to be cancelled. Getting GA Tech to wait around all week on a maybe and asking them to travel to Boulder last minute doesnt seem realistic.

That leaves body bag games. Best case for an ooc would probably be a MWC cancellation

The problem with Ole Miss is their game w A&M is just being postponed, not cancelled, so this is just a bye week for them. They aren’t going to add a game to their schedule

Interesting to see different schools testing that differently. I know we had to do extra testing to meet CA's requirement - probably had to match Stanford which means we are doing less than that. I'm surprised anything less than daily testing is accepted by the Pac after the big Quidel announcement.

How much CU gonna pay? And where will they get the funds for a game in Boulder?
As much fun as these games would be if it even gets approved I'm guessing in reality it's going to be a crappy school like la tech or UMass that ends up coming. BYU has a game this weekend. The SEC and B1G aren't going to allow ooc all of a sudden.

GA Tech could theoretically happen sooner the ACC showed one ooc and they haven't played one but I think the PAC will make CU wait until later in the week to make sure it's not looking like another PAC game is going to be cancelled. Getting GA Tech to wait around all week on a maybe and asking them to travel to Boulder last minute doesnt seem realistic.

That leaves body bag games. Best case for an ooc would probably be a MWC cancellation
The only way an OOC happens is if its BYU. I don't see the conference going for a G5/FCS type bodybag game. I know they have a game-but its against FCS North Alabama (who doesn't play again until the spring). Moving a game nobody gives a **** about back a week in an era when people are scheduling OOC games in a matter of days (see Houston and Baylor from September) isn't an issue.

ESPN has deals with both BYU and the Pac 12-so I'm sure they went to the league last week and offered to help facilitate/encouraged a game between BYU and a Pac 12 opponent who had an unexpected bye. Even more so with the way we've started. This would instantly be one of the more attractive games this weekend.

Last edited:
I assume financial considerations would be minimal considering there is zero revenue being generated by hosting a game in Boulder this year. If the other program was slated to travel this weekend anyways (like Ole Miss was scheduled to), not sure why it would be a big deal.
Are you saying OOC teams that travel aren’t getting paid this year? They are just biting the expenses?

Are you saying OOC teams that travel aren’t getting paid this year? They are just biting the expenses?
Ole Miss was scheduled to travel to A&M this weekend and CU was scheduled to host ASU. Had the Ole Miss/A&M game been cancelled instead of postponed, there would have been no financial differences in what Ole Miss would have had to pay to travel to Boulder instead of College Station.

Besides, what OOC games are you even referring to? SEC, BIG and Pac 12 didn't do OOC games.

Ole Miss was scheduled to travel to A&M this weekend and CU was scheduled to host ASU. Had the Ole Miss/A&M game been cancelled instead of postponed, there would have been no financial differences in what Ole Miss would have had to pay to travel to Boulder instead of College Station.

Besides, what OOC games are you even referring to? SEC, BIG and Pac 12 didn't do OOC games.
ACC and AAC OOC games.

Yes, Ole Miss was scheduled to travel. They were also scheduled to get TV revs.
I don’t see any OOC team doing this for free.

ACC and AAC OOC games.

Yes, Ole Miss was scheduled to travel. They were also scheduled to get TV revs.
I don’t see any OOC team doing this for free.
An SEC/Pac 12 game would be newsworthy right now and likely be on a major network, so I don't see why TV revenue would be an issue. It's a moot point because the A&M game was postponed, not cancelled, though.

An SEC/Pac 12 game would be newsworthy right now and likely be on a major network, so I don't see why TV revenue would be an issue. It's a moot point because the A&M game was postponed, not cancelled, though.
Well, a home game would be a part of P12 rights if I understand the TV contract correctly. The conference will allow CU to cede revenues to another tram/conference?

I dunno.

Too many reasons, including the critical one you mention, for this to happen.

not going to have an ooc game.. you know why? because the p12 is conservative and doesn't want unequal treatment among members. if we beat usc next week, we are p12 "bowl eligible" not matter what else happens. that would be victory in the year of 2020.

You're scared of a guy who has been carving up the likes of Texas State and Western Kentucky?

Talk about the timid and the weak.
Definitely haven’t played anyone of note, but they blew out Boise State and Houston. Again, not the best competition and I would love to see how the Buffs stack up against them, but not sure they are willing to risk a perfect season by playing against a P5 opponent when they don’t have to

Back