What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC appeal denied

Have you ever been to an Oklahoma game? Just asking, cus' their band only knows one song. And they play it 50 times a game.

Talk to me after you've heard this 50+ times a game (not exaggerating). And their band brings mics and speakers, since they're the worst:

[video=youtube;oVN4qVCWI-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVN4qVCWI-8[/video]

Talk to me after you've heard this 50+ times a game (not exaggerating). And their band brings mics and speakers, since they're the worst:

[video=youtube;oVN4qVCWI-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVN4qVCWI-8[/video]
yeah, we know, because usc was here in 02, like countless people before me have pointed out.

yeah, we know, because usc was here in 02, like countless people before me have pointed out.

It's possible I willfully ignored that in my over-enthusiasm to talk about how much I dislike USC. Not saying that's what happened -- just one of many possibilities.

I think we need to play USC every year for a few years and then decide. Who do you hate more, LA douchetasticness or Oklahoma retard redneckyness?

Maxer may be on to something here. At least with Boomer Sooner, we can all add in our own words. Remember "Poly-ester, poly-ester, poly-ester, poly-ester" and "It's the only, it's the only, it's the only, song we know". And when the UT band played The eyes of Texas, we could all sing "I've been workin on the railroad" and really piss them off. It'll take a while to figure out how to mangle USC's song into something that riducules them.

Maxer may be on to something here. At least with Boomer Sooner, we can all add in our own words. Remember "Poly-ester, poly-ester, poly-ester, poly-ester" and "It's the only, it's the only, it's the only, song we know". And when the UT band played The eyes of Texas, we could all sing "I've been workin on the railroad" and really piss them off. It'll take a while to figure out how to mangle USC's song into something that riducules them.

ut stole the music for their song

I know it's absurd to get back on subject here, but I like this penalty. I followed SC as a kid ("Sam the Bam" days) and don't have a problem with this. They disregarded the rules, got tagged and now the NCAA says no mercy. GOOD! SC is SC they will be tough even with the reduction of schollies and the kind of challenge I'm looking forward to see the Embree led Buffs battle against. More importantly, to me the onus is now on the NCAA to continue to draw a strong line with the major programs that get their hand caught in the cookie jar instead of bullying programs when they can get away with it and playing the milquetoast with the Bigs.

I know it's absurd to get back on subject here, but I like this penalty. I followed SC as a kid ("Sam the Bam" days) and don't have a problem with this. They disregarded the rules, got tagged and now the NCAA says no mercy. GOOD! SC is SC they will be tough even with the reduction of schollies and the kind of challenge I'm looking forward to see the Embree led Buffs battle against. More importantly, to me the onus is now on the NCAA to continue to draw a strong line with the major programs that get their hand caught in the cookie jar instead of bullying programs when they can get away with it and playing the milquetoast with the Bigs.

I couldn't agree more. I have nothing personal against USC, but we are dealing with rampant corruption in college football, very much due to lax rule enforcement. If the NCAA wants to be taken seriously they have to have some teeth behind their rules. USC is just crying because daddy is sticking with his punishment even though USC has been a good boy and been brushing his teeth and doing his homework all by himself!

Here was the Pac-12 press release on the issue (as usual, I like the way Scott handled this):

STATEMENT FROM PAC-10 COMMISSIONER LARRY SCOTT ON NCAA’S DECISION TO DENY USC’S APPEAL

For Immediate Release: Thursday, May 26, 2011 Contact: Kirk Reynolds (kreynolds@pac-10.org)

We join the fans, alumni, staff and leadership of USC in being extremely disappointed with today’s decision. I want to state emphatically that our Conference is committed to adhering to the highest ethical standards and compliance with NCAA rules. USC’s new leadership has certainly demonstrated this with its handling of the sanctions and by establishing a new culture of compliance for its athletic programs with its win-by-the-rules approach. I respect USC’s decision to take the high ground and not pursue any further recourse to the NCAA ruling. At the same time, I fully expect that every NCAA member institution be held to the same high standards. These sanctions, notably the postseason ban, have a devastating effect on current student-athletes, most of whom were in elementary and junior high school at the time of the alleged violations. To me, that is a source of great frustration and disappointment. Going forward, we can and need to do better in terms of the enforcement process.

When do single game football tickets go on sale? I'm interested in driving up for the USC game but when I go to the website its only for season tickets.

Coaching will have far more of an effect on the Trojans' success than sanctions from the ncaa. One more season and they're back in the title hunt, just a few more before the scholarship limits were considered nothing but a slight dip in the talent pool.

Here's hoping Kiffin drives them into the dirt

i have complete confidence that coach Kiffin is NOT running a clean program either on purpose or via stupidity.

Coaching will have far more of an effect on the Trojans' success than sanctions from the ncaa. One more season and they're back in the title hunt, just a few more before the scholarship limits were considered nothing but a slight dip in the talent pool.

Here's hoping Kiffin drives them into the dirt

If you don't think that losing 30 scholarships will effect their performance on the field, then I don't know what to tell you. As I'm sure you know, not every highly regarded recruit works out and turns into a productive player on the field. That plus the inevitable injuries put their margin for error at zero. Look at Alabama a few years ago -- lesser scholarship sanctions took them out of contention for at least 5 years.

If you don't think that losing 30 scholarships will effect their performance on the field, then I don't know what to tell you. As I'm sure you know, not every highly regarded recruit works out and turns into a productive player on the field. That plus the inevitable injuries put their margin for error at zero. Look at Alabama a few years ago -- lesser scholarship sanctions took them out of contention for at least 5 years.

Not to speak for him, but I think his point was more along the lines of the fact that USC is going to get great players regardless of what the NCAA does to them so long as they have a decent coach running the show. I tend to agree with that premise. I also think Kiffin is a tard.

Back