What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC @ COLORADO Official Thread - 11/11 @ 2 PM on FOX

USC is our modern day Nebraska!!!
They talk sh*t on every play
They think they are better no matter what
They have a confidence that needs to be knocked out by standing up to them
The next 3 year plan for RG should include specifically working towards beating these A-holes.

I flew in for this? **** MM ,Montez and this team.

Sorry man. I live in Boulder and left after the pick. First time I've ever left a home game early. Come out for crappy teams or when we have a chance to compete (aka when MM isn't the HC).

Recruiting matters. But coaching can help when you don't have the players. We have neither.

Not really. You take a knee or just run out the clock and you still get the ball after half only down 14 points. Just dumb coaching and most of all an awful decision by Montez. It should be pretty obvious after you burned half the time you had left and only gained 15 yards that points weren't going to happen.

No, you take a shot.

Throwing a bunch of long outs with under a minute left isn't taking much of a shot. How about something deep down the middle. Montez has the arm, we have receivers who can make plays, and if it gets picked they aren't returning it for a TD.

Sorry man. I live in Boulder and left after the pick. First time I've ever left a home game early. Come out for crappy teams or when we have a chance to compete (aka when MM isn't the HC).

Recruiting matters. But coaching can help when you don't have the players. We have neither.
you must not have gone to any games with hawkins or embree then. we really didn't have a chance back then

No, you take a shot.

Throwing a bunch of long outs with under a minute left isn't taking much of a shot. How about something deep down the middle. Montez has the arm, we have receivers who can make plays, and if it gets picked they aren't returning it for a TD.
Well sure but they hadn't thrown a single deep shot yet and mostly those plays were drawn up for Fields who's out. Once you've burned 2 timeouts and there's 30 seconds left and your still inside your own 30 chances of getting any points are remote.

Jay had a chance at a pass but Montez did not throw it. I wonder if he was told not to throw a deep down the middle pass.

Dinking and dunking for 80 yards against that USC defense wasn't going to happen.

you must not have gone to any games with hawkins or embree then. we really didn't have a chance back then

Didn't live in Boulder at that time. Always watched, even the Fresno game. Will probably put it on when I get home in a few. But there are good games on with offenses that can get past their opponents 40.

Only weekend that worked for 9 of us. Oh well..

Not really. You take a knee or just run out the clock and you still get the ball after half only down 14 points. Just dumb coaching and most of all an awful decision by Montez. It should be pretty obvious after you burned half the time you had left and only gained 15 yards that points weren't going to happen.
I definitely think they should have tried and scored. The issue I had was the amount of 4 yard outs they were running. Eventually USC was going to sit on that and obviously they did. As you said, might as well have just ran the ball and gone into half. An absolute terrible coaching decision.

Well sure but they hadn't thrown a single deep shot yet and mostly those plays were drawn up for Fields who's out. Once you've burned 2 timeouts and there's 30 seconds left and your still inside your own 30 chances of getting any points are remote.

Chances of scoring are remote, chances of scoring throwing those outs are even less, and you set the D up for what happened.

This is supposed to be the best WR group we have had in years, you haven't thrown the deep middle. Try something that the defense isn't ready to jump on. Not open overthrow it, if it gets picked it is about the same as a punt. Make a play and you go in with a bunch of momentum.

Worst part of watching this game? Realizing the rise was not real, and we are not going to compete with the upper echelon of the P12 in the foreseeable future.

You win on the lines. Their WRs are just unreal. We are loading the box trying to stop Jones. They have too much depth.

Didn't live in Boulder at that time. Always watched, even the Fresno game. Will probably put it on when I get home in a few. But there are good games on with offenses that can get past their opponents 40.
that's fair. i sat through some pretty ****ty games but i get it. on the other hand my auburn tigers are beating my wife's bulldogs so while there is a little satisfaction, there will be none later...

Quick look back at some of the plays USC made. The Receivers are covered, the WR made the play, or the DB did not make the play.
Players make plays, and we need to hope we start making them.

I don't have a problem with trying to score at the end of the half.

As usual though who was surprised that Lindgren called a long out on that play?

Our offense is brutally predictable, ridiculously predictable.

If we know what is coming most plays here watching TV what is the chance that the defensive coordinator doesn't have a good idea.

Have we thrown deep middle in that situation, nope we throw outs.

We aren't good enough to impose our will, we have to be unpredictable, we aren't.
Thank you and I'll add Wigley is getting beat like a rented donkey -1 good play, Blackmon isn't helping, Oliver's been out of position several times and seems to be avoiding some contact which makes me wonder if he's completely healthy.

Back