What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC fires Clay Helton

Here's someone who would be interested.

b620b1b7-1dd9-4993-9a6c-4e5420d9cb7a-Tucker-TONED-13.JPG
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've been surprised how bad they were this year given what they had coming back.
Of course, same is true for Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, aTm, North Carolina, Washington and about a half dozen others. A lot of teams look bad right now.

Cowherd is such a moron. He claims none of the big name candidates want the job, nor is USC going to pay for their buyouts, and then throws out Brennan. Again, I'm sure he's a good coach, but this would be total madness

Cowherd is one of those guys who make me wonder how he keeps his job. Just one absurd, stupid take after another.

Cowherd is one of those guys who make me wonder how he keeps his job. Just one absurd, stupid take after another.
He's pretty connected on Pac-12 and college sports. He just doesn't talk about it much because he's focused on ratings for a national show. Surprising take that concerns me because I highly doubt he's talking out his ass.

Cowherd is such a moron. He claims none of the big name candidates want the job, nor is USC going to pay for their buyouts, and then throws out Brennan. Again, I'm sure he's a good coach, but this would be total madness

Cowherd is a national version of what Evans and D-Mac are locally with a little Kizla thrown in on the side.

He specializes in saying stupid stuff to shock people into paying attention, doesn't matter if it has any chance of being right.

SC is a program that is run by it's big donors. Those same donors are going to insist on what they consider a name worthy of USC and they are going to be willing to financially make it happen.

They will want either someone who is already successful at a major program, someone who has a name as a result of an NFL connection, and/or someone who has USC ties.

They may not get exactly what they want in the end but they will pay to get as close as possible.

And this isn't like the Nebraska job that sane coaches run from.

USC has great recruiting advantages, puts the coach in one of the top two media markets in the nation, and has a proven record of being willing to look the other way when needed to get the players it takes to win.

The PAC is currently down but USC is one of the schools in the nation where the right guy can build a national championship contender.

You've seen what Cristobal can do when he has to go into California and fight for those recruits who grew up watching USC/UCLA. Imagine what he would do if they were all in his backyard. Cristobal would absolutely clean house there. As in, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished top 3 year in, year out recruiting with him there.

If Cristobal takes that job, he's going to be another Mr. February. His Oregon teams have a history of losing games they shouldn't.

Chatting with my dad just now, and it occurs to me that the NIL era could result in "Blueblood" programs giving an even shorter leash to underperforming coaches. Schools now have to protect their brands for even short term, to get endorsement money for athletes

Last edited:
Back