What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC fires Clay Helton

I think I’d go after Sciano.

I believe that a lot of USC folk think it’s the kind of program that should be able to attract the next Saban, Dabo, or Kelly (ie a Lincoln Riley or a Ryan Day) but it just isn’t. It’s in the wrong conference and at the end of the day doesn’t have the culture and will not provide the consistent support.

I’ll stop short of saying it’s a crap job but it isn’t the kind of job that going to attract the proven top middle age HC talent it would need to become a consistent national power.

Hearing it’s Fickell’s job if he wants it. Bob Stoops is the back up plan.
Does it matter anymore about whether a guy spent most of his time in the Midwest or East Coast, versus the West or the South?

Fickell is a good coach, but NO West Coast ties

Hearing it’s Fickell’s job if he wants it. Bob Stoops is the back up plan.
He has shown he can be a HC after his interim year raised some doubts at tOSU.

He'd bring that Urban offensive philosophy (it's all about creating explosive plays) and Urban's recruiting structures.

I think he'd be a great hire who would have a strong working relationship with Bohn.

Heh.Bob Stoops would be perfect. 61 years old and hasn’t coached in five years.

i totally agree with nik. luke fickle is a perfect fit and a home run hire.

If USC wanted to make a splash (and they had a real AD), they would put together a good salary pool, and go after Kliff Kingsbury. He currently makes less than $6 million per year.

If USC wanted to make a splash (and they had a real AD), they would put together a good salary pool, and go after Kliff Kingsbury. He currently makes less than $6 million per year.
But currently has what looks like the 2nd best team in the NFC, and lives in that sweet ass bachelor pad in Phoenix
He good

They could have had him 2 years ago if they would have pulled the trigger
2 years ago the country was aghast that AZ would hire a coach that TT was looking to get rid of. Somehow he leveraged his way to where he is….still doesn’t make sense to me. But that dude would be an absolute STAR as a HC at USC, and I bet he knows that. He won’t leave a real winner in AZ, but if things start to look shaky for him, look out. USC will have the whole season to conduct this search. We’ll probably hear 50 different names before it all settles out.

Last edited:
you laugh but the diehards will believe it is in the realm of possibility to get him or urban or pretty much anyone they want. good luck to them.
^This. And I do laugh. The only certainty is that they will end up unhappy in 3-5 years. Wash, rinse, repeat. And some schmoe will walk away fired, bewildered, with tons of money in his bank account and a lot of interesting stories.

Kliff Kingsbury is a bad coach.

The fact that he’s survived this long in the NFL coming directly from TT tells me something about the guy. That doesn’t just happen, and frankly surprised me. Pete Carroll was considered a bad coach when they hired him too.

EDIT: not comparing the two, other than the fact that translating coaching ability between the NFL and CFB is often tricky. There are many crappy NFL coaches that prove out to be amazing CFB coaches. And the fact that KK lasted more than one year in the absolutely brutal world that is being an NFL head coach tells me more about his capability, a lot more than I expected. Watch what happens with Urban this year….it’s not apples to apples.

Last edited:
The fact that he’s survived this long in the NFL coming directly from TT tells me something about the guy. That doesn’t just happen, and frankly surprised me. Pete Carrol was considered a bad coach when they hired him too.
Two seasons. He’s been in the NFL two seasons and his teams have completely collapsed in both of them. I would love USC hiring him.

Ha. It occurred to me that we hadn't heard from you yet, and I was coming in to check if you were okay.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! Spent most of the day hangaring planes so I fell asleep early. Woke up to this (un)surprising news. Quite a start to the day.

Back