What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC vs GT

Pete Carroll was my favorite college football coach. Was a shame to see him leave for the NFL. I loved having SC as a powerhouse to counterbalance the SEC teams.

I don't know that the "cheating" SC did was on PC. It is one thing to induce a player to come to a school with money. It's totally different when a player did what Bush did after he was already there. SC didn't benefit in any way from The Bush thing. That was a third party trying to get rich, not a SC booster trying to entice Bush to come to SC.

I liked PC's style. A perfect blend of keeping things loose and fun, but still demanding excellence and fostering ruthless competition within the team. I can't stand the old school always angry and yelling sourpuss coach: Bo Pelini would be exhibit a.

Walter, I knew you weren't bright but this one goes over the top.

To start with you think that players getting houses and cars doesn't help the team with future recruits, you think that Bush would have been there if SC had been clean, and you think that PC didn't know that that kind of stuff was happening.

I guess you have that SWC attitude that if you aren't cheating you aren't trying and if you get caught it only means you are getting picked on. PC was a very good college coach but to imagine he didn't know anything about what was going on with his players getting illegal benefits is ridiculous.

Maryland scored more points on GT using a LB at QB. Their best player Stefon Diggs was out for that game too, way to coach them up Lane!

5yqavude.jpg

I loved the USC field goal attempt early in the game. Their kicker doinks it outside off of the left upright and the official just underneath puts his hands up for "good". Paul Johnson goes ballistic. I honestly think the ref was just sleep walking through the motions.

With Woods declaring for the draft and their other WR likely right behind him it will be nice to see USC only capable of hanging 28 pts on next year. The way Wittek has been playing it might even be less.

With Woods declaring for the draft and their other WR likely right behind him it will be nice to see USC only capable of hanging 28 pts on next year. The way Wittek has been playing it might even be less.

Lee is a true soph so he can't come out early until next year

Walter, Pete Carroll oversaw a program that figured a way for rich boosters to slip credit-cards into parents and family of recruits, who passed them onto recruits with some nebulous promise to pay back the credit-cards eventually after NFL success. When Reggie Bush refused to pay back the $44,000 and the booster-not-officially-affiliated with Pete's program went to court to sue Reggie, that's when the scam was revealed.

Pete, the head guy of THAT system. Nice object of affection for you.

Walter, Pete Carroll oversaw a program that figured a way for rich boosters to slip credit-cards into parents and family of recruits, who passed them onto recruits with some nebulous promise to pay back the credit-cards eventually after NFL success. When Reggie Bush refused to pay back the $44,000 and the booster-not-officially-affiliated with Pete's program went to court to sue Reggie, that's when the scam was revealed.

Pete, the head guy of THAT system. Nice object of affection for you.

It's petty much useless to discuss anything with him or present him with facts.

usc is going to have a huge drop off next year... and their arrogance is absolutely sickening - 1 of my newest hated programs - very poor sportsmanship, and I really hope the people putting on the sheriff posse dinner got some kind of retaliation

Back