What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC's HC Plans (Sark to USC)

Like I said, USC Football didn't raise ONE TENTH of what A&M Football did in ONE SEASON. One Heisman Season. The Trojan's football history has obviously more shine than a few late '50s victories, but the East Coast TV Time is bringing in revenues that no West Coast program will match. And all that history means nothing with tomorrow's spending and revenue generation.

Shut up, the more you talk the more you exhibit that you have no grasp of USC's ability to raise money, or A&M's actual numbers. One person in 1 year has given more than a quarter of everything that A&M raised in their banner year. 1 person.

Jay Glazer is reporting that Pat Haden flew to Denver to talk to del Rio during the Broncos´ bye.

Any unproven HC is a risk. USC doesn't need to take a risk. Orgeron is a risk in that he failed at Ole Miss and the interim job he is doing, is not proof he wouldn't bungle it given enough time. To me, he will get a shot somewhere, just not at USC.

USC can go after a proven HC who has a history of success as a HC. Break the bank. No reason to let that money sit around and collect 1%.

Texas should do the same. Pay Nick Saban whatever he wants. Doesn't matter in the end. They want championships.

I still don't think Oregeron gets the SC job. He has already said he'd like to come back as recruiting coordinator under the new coach, so why give him the HC job? Get a legit HC, keep him around because the players love him and he's a recruiting behemoth, and you're set.

And :lol: @ BuffChuck, A&M isn't even close to the level of the USC job.

Vandy coming open would make me worry about Macintyre
You could be right if it was maybe 2015 already but I doubt he would leave that soon. I also am not sure teams are going to be knocking down his door after a 4-8 season with 2 wins against FCS. Those of us who eat, live and breathe Buffs, know that this team made great strides compared to last year under Embree, but not sure he has done enough to be picked as HC for an SEC team.

I also don't get the impression he would leave after 1 year. He wants to build his rep as a major rebuilding guy so he needs to make more progress on this rebuilding job-at least that is what I believe.

I don't think M2 would see much appealing in the Vandy job. They are in a better position now but long term Vandy has less chance of being highly successful. There is very little chance that they can stay ahead of all of Georgia, Florida, S. Carolina, and Tennessee all of which have much more available to them in resources for football than Vandy.

It's one thing to talk about being the HC of an SEC team but not all SEC teams are even close to on the same footing.

If CU doesn't proceed with facility upgrades then I can see M2 bailing in the future without hesitation.

I don't think M2 would see much appealing in the Vandy job. They are in a better position now but long term Vandy has less chance of being highly successful. There is very little chance that they can stay ahead of all of Georgia, Florida, S. Carolina, and Tennessee all of which have much more available to them in resources for football than Vandy.

It's one thing to talk about being the HC of an SEC team but not all SEC teams are even close to on the same footing.

If CU doesn't proceed with facility upgrades then I can see M2 bailing in the future without hesitation.
his father is the former vandy coach, his father is still there he even went to vandy if i remember correctly...

Too early to worry about Mac to Vandy. If Franklin bolts a year from now and Mac has us playing in a bowl game I will begin to get nervous but one 4-8 year at this level and one bowl season out of the WAC in his head coaching career doesn't seem like it would get an SEC school's attention especially with Vandy's new and improved measuring stick of football success.

Franklin may be the dynamic guy USC needs. Petersen always struck me as a regional guy (probably because Hawk was the same way and brought that approach and coaching network here), so while CP is a good coach I don't see him having national appeal on the recruiting trail and suddenly Mora, not to mention Graham, has the recruiting momentum in California and USC is in danger of falling behind despite the strength of their brand.

I think Peterson would be a win for us all around. Boise is already starting to stumble a bit, losing him and a part of his staff would likely accelerate that process. Since we currently tend to spend time recruiting against them good for us.

As Hawk and other former Boise coaches have learned it's a different world once they step up into the big time. I don't see Peterson being highly successful at USC either.

Petersen clearly doesn't want the pressure cooker of a big tent job. He does seem to enjoy having his name come up and going on interviews, though.

Petersen clearly doesn't want the pressure cooker of a big tent job. He does seem to enjoy having his name come up and going on interviews, though.
I guess he learned from what happened to HaLk , Koetter and Nutt. Better to be a big fish in a small pond and complain about not being in a big pond.

Sark would be interesting, not sure he is much different than Kiffin, Petey made $C go. Definitely throws a monkey wrench in UW though if true.

Back