What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Utah needs to be a night game

Unleash Hell

crap I am on call at work during the day that day. If It’s not a night game I might not make the game.
Someone call the networks and get this scheduled for a nice November night game. Those are fun in Folsom!

Night games at Folsom suck ... and are why I haven't gone to one since I moved from Boulder in 2010. Getting home past midnight isn't in the cards for me in my latter years.

The one exception was when I tried going to the game against Utah in 2016 but left after the first quarter ... but to be fair that was partly due to the idot young woman sitting directly in the row in front of me who kept getting up just as a play was starting in order to take "selfies" of her friends in her row. And when I tried to suggest that she try to time those actions in between plays, she seemed to be offended. I went home and watched the rest of the game in the comfort of my home in Westminster.

Night games at Folsom suck ... and are why I haven't gone to one since I moved from Boulder in 2010. Getting home past midnight isn't in the cards for me in my latter years.

The one exception was when I tried going to the game against Utah in 2016 but left after the first quarter ... but to be fair that was partly due to the idot young woman sitting directly in the row in front of me who kept getting up just as a play was starting in order to take "selfies" of her friends in her row. And when I tried to suggest that she try to time those actions in between plays, she seemed to be offended. I went home and watched the rest of the game in the comfort of my home in Westminster.

I remember that one, and its one of the best CU games I've ever been to. One of the downsides of being in this league is the amount of night games we'll play.

crap I am on call at work during the day that day. If It’s not a night game I might not make the game.
Someone call the networks and get this scheduled for a nice November night game. Those are fun in Folsom!
Maybe Bear Fiend's post makes this a UBL, but seriously? First you bitch about the possibility of a night game at USC, now you bitch about the possibility of not a night game for Utah.

upload_2018-9-20_18-22-33.png

You left the most important Buffs game in 15 years after one quarter because a woman was taking selfies?

Depends!

I don’t think the posters in this thread are picking up on the humor that Unleash is putting down.

The. ****.

You left because a girl was taking a selfie?(y)

How about we not create a thread about how every game does or does not interfere with your job you can’t control your hours at.

If I had my preference, it’d be a day game. A) without any evidence to support my claim, I feel like CU does better in day games and 2) that is the night of my wife’s 20 yr high school reunion and I’d like to go for her. But Buffs.

You left because a girl was taking a selfie?(y)

Do you people even read? She stood up in directly in front of me three times just when the ball was being snapped ... and when I politely tapped her on the shoulder and suggested that in consideration of other people she try to time that between plays, she looked at me like I was nuts.

And no ... she wasn't the only reason I left ... it was a chilly night with a ridiculously late kick off time (**** you very much Rick Scott) and I realized that while it was great that there was a sold-out crowd at that game, I'm getting too old to attend games in November at night with members of the younger generation who are so rude as to not consider that the people behind them might want to actually watch the game and aren't there to snap selfies to post on Instagram or whatever.

I volunteered as a donor parking lot attendant for ten years with my only comp being a game ticket ... and did so even when I could afford season tickets because I wanted to give back to the University. The only reason I stopped was because my knees and feet made it hard to stand at post for three to four hours. So to those who want to criticize me for leaving that game after the first quarter in order to watch it at home ... I have two words:

BITE ME!!!

You sound like you would be fun at a party

Incredible game. Too bad you left early

Back