What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball 2015 pre-conference schedule

BeBe

Club Member
Club Member
I noticed that the other "schedules" thread is closed. So I'm putting this info here. Mods, feel free to move it where it should be.

At the final home spring scrimmage last night (against UNC Bears) the Volleyball team had the pre-conference schedule for this fall available. It didn't say it's "tentative" or anything like that so I am posting info from it here. I am only showing the CU matches. Too lazy to type them all in.

The first two weekends are really going to be telling in where this team is. Weekends 3 & 4 had better be padding of the win side of the Buffs record.
The numbers in parens following the team names is that teams season ending Pablo ranking for the 2014 season. Our Buffs ended the season at #19. Of course every team has lost some players and will have gained some players but the final ranking still gives a good ballpark on where that team is expected to be.

Weekend #1:
In Boulder
8/28 7 PM CU vs University of San Diego (#42)
8/29 Noon CU vs Florida State (#10)
8/29 7:30 PM CU vs Oklahoma (#47)

Weekend #2:
at Penn State. This looks to be a Pac 12 vs Big10 weekend as the fourth team participating in this weekend is Stanford.
9/4 5 PM ET CU vs Illinois (#7)
9/5 7:30 PM ET CU vs Penn State (#1) .... Note : For those not following WVB closely, PSU is the defending national champ and has won a zillion championships it seems.

Weekend #3:
at Rice
9/11 4 PM CT CU vs Sam Houston State (#196)
9/12 12:30 PM CT CU vs Louisiana Lafayette (#147)
9/12 7 PM CT CU vs Rice (#71)

Weekend #4:
at Boulder
9/18 1 PM CU vs Montana State (#246)
9/18 7 PM CU vs George Mason (#299)
9/19 1 PM CU vs Weber State (#250)
9/19 7 PM CU vs Air Force (#156)

Last edited:
Also, I believe in the Volleytalk forum someone said that 2nd weekend is part of a Pac 12/ Big 10 challenge (Stanford being the other team representing the Pac). If that's true, I think the Buffs may also be playing a tough Illinois squad (the other Big 10 team participating in the challlenge). Although both of those matches will be VERY tough, at least the Buffs have a small advantage in that both PSU AND IL will be breaking in new setters, although PSU always seems to just reload on the way to their next national championship, and IL has the highest rated freshman setter in the country coming in in (Colorado's own) Jordyn Poulter.

Back