What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball on the road against Oregon State (Sunday at noon MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Buff volleyball tries to get to .500 in conference with a noon start against Oregon State, who like the Buffs earned their 1st conference win Friday night in a 5 setter, in the Beaver's case a home win against the Utah Utes.

About the Beavers (from preview at http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3871&SPID=256&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210383888 )

"
OSU enters the weekend with a 2-10 overall record and is also 0-2 to start the conference season. This will be just the third home match of the season for the Beavers. They are 0-1 at home and will host Utah on Friday before CU comes to town on Sunday.

The Beavers are led by Mary-Kate Marshall, who ranks seventh in the league with 3.86 kills per set and is also seventh in the conference with 4.25 points per set. OSU is attacking at a .177 hitting percentage. Setter Dana Backlund is eighth in the conference with 8.69 assists per set. OSU’s highest ranking in the league is ninth in blocks with 2.29; Haley Clarke leads the team with 1.12 bps. Darby Reeder is averaging a team best 2.82 digs per set, while Kayla Ellis is recording 2.29 digs per set.

The Buffs lead the series against OSU 4-3.
"

Live video- on Pac 12 networks (Mountain and Oregon channels), and also available online at http://pac-12.com/live?network=P12MTN for those whose cable/ satellite subscription includes Pac 12 Network online access .

Link to link to Live Stats- http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30800&ATCLID=210276806

I might be able to catch the last half of the match. This is definitely a must win for the Buffs against a bad team.

So, went for a walk, and by the time I got back the Buffs had done the job, completing a sweep with 25-19, 25-23 and 25-14 scores. VERY nice workman like effort against a team that had beaten the Utes on Friday.

Again, didn't see the 2nd or 3rd games, but the Buff block was dominant in the 1st game, helped by the Buff serve causing all kinds of problems for the Beavers, especially early in the 1st game when the Buffs jumped out to a 13-7 lead. Just looking at the stats, the block doesn't look that great (it was only a 4-3 block advantage for the Buffs statistically), but in the 1st game I saw anyways the Buffs were getting their hands on a LOT of kill attempts, leading to great passing opportunities for the rest of the team. And, the Buff serve was causing a lot more damage than the Beavers in the 1st, even though, once again, stats (pretty meanlingless in this case) show the Beavers at least equal to the Buffs. (They show Beavers with 3 aces and 3 service errors vs. 4 aces and 7 service errors for the Buffs.) The Buffs were causing the Beavers to make bad passes with their serve most of the set, while the Buffs seemed to be "in system" offensively almost all match long.

Other (offensive) stats definitely great today, with Buff offensive leaders Alexis Austin (14 kills/ .433 hitting %) and Gabby Simpson (16 kills/ .387) having great days. Also, both middles hit .500 and combined averaged 5 kills a set, a stat I'd hope to see continued and consider a key to future success for the Buffs this year. Overall, the Buffs hit a whopping .410 for the match, which should win EVERY match.

Way to go Buffs! Now, just need to take advantage of some "home cooking" next weekend against the LA schools. (Undefeated USC has just started a match against undefeated Washington; if they win that match, they're almost sure to be the #1 team in the country when the Buffs face them Friday evening.)

Last edited:
I did make it home in time to watch the match online. However, I was so tired from the weekend, I promptly fell asleep. I have the DVR set to record it tonight and may or may not watch this one as it was a relatively easy match for the Buffs. I will watch the 5 set match from Friday.

Back