What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball's 2015 Schedule published

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The official 2015 volleyball schedule is now released.

Article on the schedule- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210164009

Schedule itself- http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3866&SPID=256&DB_OEM_ID=600&Q_SEASON=2015

A few notes from what I see:

1) As I believe was also noted in another thread Bebe started a couple months ago when the unofficial pre-season schedule was disclosed by CU at a scrimmage, the 1st 5 preseason matches are VERY challenging, and the Buffs will have to pull a pretty major upset (over either defending National Champion Penn State, last year #10 ranked Florida State or #11 ranked Illinois) to not start the season 2-3. Heck, even losing to the other 2 teams in the schedule (last year RPI #26 Oklahoma, and #45 RPI and often tough U. of San Diego) would not be a sign to panic. Thankfully both the latter matches are at home, so hopefully the Buffs will prevail, as well as pull an upset or two or three over the other 3 teams!

2) After that, the last 7 non-conference matches are all VERY winnable.
(I assume/ hope that (a) the 1st 5 tough non-conference matches and (b) having to compete and win enough in the tough Pac 12 for the Buff's to even meet the .500 winning % requirement to qualify for the NCAA tournament, will give the Buff's a decent RPI. However, these last 7 non-conference matches will likly NOT help RPI any, at least based on last year's ratings, as the average RPI of these last 7 non-conference foes was a VERY low 208 in 2014.)

3) Kind of a bummer that the Buff's biggest wins the last couple years, against the U. of Washington in Boulder, will not be possible to replicate this year, as the Buff's only play the Washington schools once each this year, and the only match against UDub is in Seattle. (The Pac 12 volleyball season is only 20 games long, so there's always one set of teams the Buff's only play once, with all the other Pac 12 teams played home and away.)
(It will be interesting as a big general volleyball fan to see how the Huskies do this year. In addition to having to replace the 2013 Player of the Year and their 2nd highest kill leader last year, they also had to replace one of the most respected coaches in the country (as I mentioned in a thread many months ago, he left to take a rebuiling job and is now coaching at Notre Dame). His replacement is a much younger coach with no head coaching experience.)

Last edited:
Interesting early schedule in that the toughest non-conference games are right at the beginning of the season and then it gets easier just prior to Pac-12 play.

This is awesome. I may actually get to see some matches in person. I can fly out thanksgiving week and catch the last two games of the season and the women's basketball tournament on Friday and Saturday.

Back