What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Game --- Official Thread (8pm FS1)

All I can ask for is that we keep it close and have a shot in the 4th. There are only maybe 5 guys on our roster than even had an offer from Washington.

They have superior size and talent. But we can hang. We are a bowl team. That's obvious. Maybe we can be top 20.

Without multiple 4 star recruits every year and a couple 5 stars, being in it in the 4th quarter against top 5-10 teams nationally is really all that you can ask for.

How many balls has Browning thrown Isaiah's way?

I know Pettis had one catch when Browning has forever to throw, and there was Laguda's pick, but I don't remember any others. Not sure when the PBU they're crediting Isaiah with came.

All I can ask for is that we keep it close and have a shot in the 4th. There are only maybe 5 guys on our roster than even had an offer from Washington.

They have superior size and talent. But we can hang. We are a bowl team. That's obvious. Maybe we can be top 20.

Bullcrap!!! An offer for recruiting does not mean anything, because Washington does not recruit Texas, where I feel we are getting many of our better players. We are maybe 2-3 guys inferior than them on the starters, and are slowly building depth. Washington is not better in WR corps, not better in DB, and not better in RB. Maybe a little better on the DL and LB. Those are places that I feel we have been a bit weak on recruiting. We have a better Kicker right now, and neither OL is that impressive right now.

Montez is just a sophomore with only a few games of experience. We were spoiled last year by having a senior at quarterback who had an awesome understanding of the game.

There sure are a lot of whiney bitches on this site on game day.

This is one of those games you need someone to step up and make some plays. I had high hopes for McCartney coming back from an injury. We need him to step up and make a big play or two.
Same with Montez. All the hype, he needs to make some plays if we want to win this game.

Bullcrap!!! An offer for recruiting does not mean anything, because Washington does not recruit Texas, where I feel we are getting many of our better players. We are maybe 2-3 guys inferior than them on the starters, and are slowly building depth. Washington is not better in WR corps, not better in DB, and not better in RB. Maybe a little better on the DL and LB. Those are places that I feel we have been a bit weak on recruiting. We have a better Kicker right now, and neither OL is that impressive right now.

Not as bleak as Jaximus paints it. Not as rosy as you paint it.

"Key to getting more points is making better calls when they cross the 50 yard line"
- MacIntyre at halftime (sounding "hot" according to sideline reporter)

Coaching question from the Iowa - Penn State Game. The Iowa RB breaks loose on the left side in a 2 point game and is heading to the endzone with about 1:20 left in the game. Do you score the touchdown, OR, stop and kneel down in bounds at about the 1-2 yard line. The clock starts running, and you then kneel down again to run clock and eliminate any timeouts they have. Then, as time almost runs out, you either score the TD, or kick the field goal to win. In the game, the RB scores too soon, and then Iowa even risked a 2 point conversion that if intercepted or fumbled could be returned to make the score only a 3 point game.

Coaching question from the Iowa - Penn State Game. The Iowa RB breaks loose on the left side in a 2 point game and is heading to the endzone with about 1:20 left in the game. Do you score the touchdown, OR, stop and kneel down in bounds at about the 1-2 yard line. The clock starts running, and you then kneel down again to run clock and eliminate any timeouts they have. Then, as time almost runs out, you either score the TD, or kick the field goal to win. In the game, the RB scores too soon, and then Iowa even risked a 2 point conversion that if intercepted or fumbled could be returned to make the score only a 3 point game.
There is no such thing as scoring a touchdown too early. Scoring touchdowns is hard. You take them when you can get them. - paraphrasing Tony Dungy

Back