What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington State @ CU 11/19 @ 1:30 PM on Fox Official PREGAME Thread

I'm well aware that we both understand this, I confused you by asking a question that gave a false premise to try and illustrate to whomever thought giving more points to Wassu indicated that early bets were on Wassu. Sorry for being a smartass and oblique in my method for asking that question.
Just when I finish typing a snarky reply, you go and be all reasonable and nice. Dammit!

We just flew in from Maryland. Had the camera out as we drove over the hill. Always brings me back 34 years when some crazy kids from VT in a beat up Saab pulling a U-Haul with drums, my GL-1000, and who knows what else, rolled into Willy Villy.

What year Gold Wing ... '75 or '76? IIRC those were the only two years they made those ... the next year they went to an 1100cc engine.

Falk is a damn good QB and we made him look pedestrian. Not bad, I don't think any Pac-12 defense could make him look bad, but we definitely made him look like nothing special. Since we all know that's not the case, it says a lot about our secondary.

Falk is a damn good QB and we made him look pedestrian. Not bad, I don't think any Pac-12 defense could make him look bad, but we definitely made him look like nothing special. Since we all know that's not the case, it says a lot about our secondary.
I'm not taking anything away from our defense when I say this, but we did not make him look pedestrian. He looked really really good, but our defense handled him. That guy was making perfect throws over and over again.

I'm not taking anything away from our defense when I say this, but we did not make him look pedestrian. He looked really really good, but our defense handled him. That guy was making perfect throws over and over again.

Fair enough. My only point is that he has looked like he is impossible to stop for pretty much the entire conference season, and we held him to less than 50% completions and held their offense to something like 5-13 on third down.

I'm certainly not ****ting on him at all - he dropped a lot of dimes. But our defense was outstanding.

Another great defense beat a good offense. As I said, as long as we don't screw up, we're gonna limit Falk.

Wazzu was previouslu top 10 nationally on 3rd Down. Today 26.67% on 3rd Down. Previously top 5 nationally in pass completion %. Today 49.05%. Previously top 10 nationally in average YPA. Today 6.1 YPA. That's his second lowest output of his season. As I tried to tell you all, CU's pass defense causes passers to regress.

Mad props to JMFL and his staff for the second half adjustments. Wazzu had 7 points in the 2H and two turnovers. Wazzu were suffocating after JMFL solved the pirate's riddles.

For those of you who care, CU is 10-1 ATS. The books bet big on CU today and did well. The clinching CU TD got the over money, but... 63% of spread bets were on Wazzu & 76% of the money-line bets were on Wazzu.

#skobuffs #allthewayup

I agree that CU's secondary was amazing. But to give credit where credit is due; the Wazzou O-Line more than held their own against CU's front line. Up until 4Q, Falk had ample time to throw without pressure from the CU pass rush.

Credit belongs to the CU secondary for swatting down passes and smothering Wazzou's WR's. Credit is due to Leavitt and the whole D unit coaching staff for developing Fisher and making adjustments to make up for the ejection of Laguda and loss of Moeller.

Items I think I saw:
1 - Leach has his Oline set up with the biggest splits I've ever seen. The Olinemen he has are these 6-6 and 6-7 guys that use their long, spidery limbs to fill that space. Our pass rush had to run a mile around all those guys to get to the QB. If we see them again, can't we send Gillam on a delayed blitz up those massive blitz lanes?
2 - WSU's run defense good, but not as good as ranked. I bet most of the teams they have played got behind early and needed to pass. Note for pac-12 conference game - don't let them get ahead by more than a few touchdowns at any point - don't want to get in air war with Leach air raid.
3 - The threat of the almost indefensible Falk pass and the gashing runs had our D fearful and in damage control. As soon as our O gave a two score cushion our D pinned their ears back and WSU started to fall apart; pressure, sacs, fumbles, interceptions... The O has to buy that insurance policy for the D early next time so that our D can feel good about wrecking the other guy's house right away without paying for it.
4 - Late in the season Sefo has to run the ball a lot for BL's RPO to work. Some of BL's RPOs option a short pass and a QB run. At the beginning of the season our opponents would stay home to defend the QB run and this freed up that short passing game. At some point this season teams must have reasoned that Sefo either wasn't fast/elusive enough to get more than a few yards on the QB run option, and/or that a power runner like Sefo could only execute so many of the run options per game and live to tell about it. So they told their optioned LB or safety to defend the pass first. This cut our short/mid passing game down. Maybe other teams will reconsider after the WSU game...but I don't know if I want them to. BL - I love Sefo getting > 100yards rushing, but you need to do something about this 'cause we want our QB to be around in the post-season.

Items I think I saw:
1 - Leach has his Oline set up with the biggest splits I've ever seen. The Olinemen he has are these 6-6 and 6-7 guys that use their long, spidery limbs to fill that space. Our pass rush had to run a mile around all those guys to get to the QB. If we see them again, can't we send Gillam on a delayed blitz up those massive blitz lanes?
2 - WSU's run defense good, but not as good as ranked. I bet most of the teams they have played got behind early and needed to pass. Note for pac-12 conference game - don't let them get ahead by more than a few touchdowns at any point - don't want to get in air war with Leach air raid.
3 - The threat of the almost indefensible Falk pass and the gashing runs had our D fearful and in damage control. As soon as our O gave a two score cushion our D pinned their ears back and WSU started to fall apart; pressure, sacs, fumbles, interceptions... The O has to buy that insurance policy for the D early next time so that our D can feel good about wrecking the other guy's house right away without paying for it.
4 - Late in the season Sefo has to run the ball a lot for BL's RPO to work. Some of BL's RPOs option a short pass and a QB run. At the beginning of the season our opponents would stay home to defend the QB run and this freed up that short passing game. At some point this season teams must have reasoned that Sefo either wasn't fast/elusive enough to get more than a few yards on the QB run option, and/or that a power runner like Sefo could only execute so many of the run options per game and live to tell about it. So they told their optioned LB or safety to defend the pass first. This cut our short/mid passing game down. Maybe other teams will reconsider after the WSU game...but I don't know if I want them to. BL - I love Sefo getting > 100yards rushing, but you need to do something about this 'cause we want our QB to be around in the post-season.

To your last point, I also was kind of surprised at Wazzu's defensive game plan and lack of adjustment. They totally keyed on Lindsay and allowed Sefo to run at will. I kept waiting for them to do something different, but they just decided to give him 5-8 yards whenever he wanted to carry the ball. Weird.

To your last point, I also was kind of surprised at Wazzu's defensive game plan and lack of adjustment. They totally keyed on Lindsay and allowed Sefo to run at will. I kept waiting for them to do something different, but they just decided to give him 5-8 yards whenever he wanted to carry the ball. Weird.
I'd prefer to keep the ball away from Lindsay while getting a chance to beat on sefo too. I was surprised by how much they stuck with that in the red zone though. Yea, sefo isn't going to break one, but he sure as hell can run forward for a short TD - or 3.

I think they know it is pick your poison and they pick Sefo running.

Back