What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB 15 year old Regis Francesca Belibi monster dunk

And she's only 6-1 and very new to basketball. I think last year was her first of organized play.

From what I've heard, CU has been recruiting her even before "the dunk". Since then over 200 coaches are.

I hope CU was recruiting her before the dunk. When I saw the number on twitter today, I was shocked. Poor kid.

Per DP article today, she wants to be a doctor, her family has no TV on purpose, she's not on social media, and her goal is to attend Stanford. Reads books, studies, and plays basketball. Family is from Cameroon. Pretty much a dream recruit.

Per DP article today, she wants to be a doctor, her family has no TV on purpose, she's not on social media, and her goal is to attend Stanford. Reads books, studies, and plays basketball. Family is from Cameroon. Pretty much a dream recruit.
If you are Tara Vandeveer. Any other coach has an up hill climb.

I'd say if Stanford wants her, she's theirs. Unfortunately. Saw her interviewed. Very impressive young woman.

I wonder what her skills are beyond being supper athletic? She has only recently begun playing basketball, so it will be interesting to see how well she can handle, pass and shoot from the perimeter not to say how she understands the game.

This isn't so say CU shouldn't be recruiting her. I'm just curious.

I wonder what her skills are beyond being supper athletic? She has only recently begun playing basketball, so it will be interesting to see how well she can handle, pass and shoot from the perimeter not to say how she understands the game.

This isn't so say CU shouldn't be recruiting her. I'm just curious.

True, Mark. If she doesn't develop other basketball skills, she won't be offered a scholarship by a P5 school, let alone Stanford.

We can compete with Stanford. We shouldn't just walk away because at this young age the kid says she wants to go to Stanford.

True, Mark. If she doesn't develop other basketball skills, she won't be offered a scholarship by a P5 school, let alone Stanford.

We can compete with Stanford. We shouldn't just walk away because at this young age the kid says she wants to go to Stanford.
Agree completely. CU has in the past won the recruiting battle several times with Stanford. There's a long way to go and it's good news that the Buffs offered before her dunk went viral.

Watching her in a News 4 story, she looks pretty advanced for someone who recently took up the game. She has excellent shooting technique and it looked like a nice shot. The story mentioned she had played tennis since she was 4 and is an advanced tennis player. So she is an athlete. Not some kid who just picked up a basketball.

Watching her in a News 4 story, she looks pretty advanced for someone who recently took up the game. She has excellent shooting technique and it looked like a nice shot. The story mentioned she had played tennis since she was 4 and is an advanced tennis player. So she is an athlete. Not some kid who just picked up a basketball.

She started last year so fall of 15 so it's been over a year. I'm sure she played on her own before but not on a team. She has 2.5 years until college so she can easily be a major prospect.

Just saw on Ch 2 morning news that she dunked again last night.

What % of male players that figure out/develop in to being able to dunk were doing so at 15? Impressive young lady.

To use a phrase most often seen in posts about football, "Imagine what she could do after a couple of years in a college conditioning program." Definitely an impressive young lady. You have to love her academic goals and her athletic prowess.

Back