What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB 2019 Pre-Season Info Thread

I don't understand all the secrecy in these last few posts. This issue was mentioned at the WBB 1-on-1 open house last night in front of over a hundred people. If the player and/or team wanted to keep this hushed up, that would not have happened. The player involved is Cameron Swartz. Her interview partner identified the condition as tachycardia, which fits with DBT's observation.
I did have a private discussion with Cam which I will not disclose here but I see no reason why the information that was conveyed to everyone in the room by Cam and her interview partner cannot be shared with this group.
Okay. That’s what I was thinking. I developed supra ventricular tachycardia as well and had to have an ablation. It’s a really safe and quick procedure. I went in at 6am and was home by noon. Her limp is because they run leads through veins in the groin up to your heart muscle. They zap the muscle that is acting up and, boom, no more SVT. You can resume activity almost immediately. Oh, and the SVT isn’t dangerous. Just irritating.

So it seems that come the Nov. 6 opener v Drake the Buffs will certainly be without Emma Clarke and possibly without Cam Swartz. The good news is that there seems to be good depth on the wing this season. I count three players that will be in the mix for playing time there. I am of course assuming that four of the starting spots are filled right now with Kennedy, Robinson, Jank and Hollingshed. So it seems that Caylao-Do, Diop and Knight will be in competition for the final spot.

Looks like Clarke will be in India with the Aussie team until Nov. 3, not sure who much energy she'll have when she returns from something like three flights and about 12 time zones. Hopefully Cam will be back to practice soon.

Australia U-18 defeated Indonesia today 96-28 in the first game of the group stage of the Asian Championships. The top three teams qualify for the U-19 World Championships. Emma Clarke played about 17 minutes and scored 11 points. Next up for the Gems is Chinese-Taipei (Taiwan) tomorrow.

Emma Clarke scored 12 points in 17 minutes earlier today as Australia beat Taiwan 106-66. Australia faces South Korea next in the group stage.

I won’t be at the game tonight. Hope those that are there will post their observations.

Was strange to see her limping and then find out it was heart surgery. She seemed to be in good spirits but was certainly walking gingerly. Hope she recovers quickly.
What a great time last night! The team seems to be close and looking forward to getting the season underway. Certainly some character in that group, and they have a lot of spirit.
Quite possible the surgery went through the groin. Props DBT

Aubry Knight led the way with 17 points.

Looks like Cam Swartz and Kai Volcy didn't play as well as Emma Clarke who is on international duty with Australia.

Australia lost earlier today being upset by South Korea by a point. It looks like the loss ended the Gems' hopes of making the FIBA U19 World Championships.

Emma Clarke played 6.5 minutes and didn't score.

I was incorrect about Australia being out of contention for the FIBA U19 Championships - they qualified today with their win over New Zealand!

Unfortunately, Emma Clarke didn't play in this game. Looks like Japan is up next in the semi-final game.

I was incorrect about Australia being out of contention for the FIBA U19 Championships - they qualified today with their win over New Zealand!

Unfortunately, Emma Clarke didn't play in this game. Looks like Japan is up next in the semi-final game.

Too lazy to link it, but the Aussie's lost to Japan in the Semi's and now will rematch with Korea in the 3rd place game. Emma had 8 points and 7 boards in the game against Japan.

Back