What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB's Kate Fagan is CU's Spring Commencement Speaker

Kate is awesome. Knows her ****, writes on some pretty intense subjects, got a couple books going, and always reps CU online

Kate is a great Buff who not only writes well, but speaks well. Yes, her books are on intense topics which may cause some blowback on her selection.

However, Kate is a very successful alum and I couldn't think of a better commencement speaker. See lots of photos of her on social media wearing CU gear.

I like Kate Fagan a journalist, but barely remember her as a player. Regardless, wasn't she uber-critical of her time at CU, specifically Ceal? I haven't read her book, but I thought she rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with her book? Please correct me where I'm wrong...I'm ignorant.

I like Kate Fagan a journalist, but barely remember her as a player. Regardless, wasn't she uber-critical of her time at CU, specifically Ceal? I haven't read her book, but I thought she rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with her book? Please correct me where I'm wrong...I'm ignorant.
I thought Ceal came out looking great in the book. She kept her personal life from her players, and maintained a high level of professionalism.

You don't remember her? She was a constant 3-point threat and had some ridiculous run from the FT line.
The book was critical of some aspects of college sports, and coming out, and religion... but in general a positive tone about the school.

I'm gonna see if my library has it today. Hastings closed down as did the bookstore in the mall, that's my best bet.

Also Kate will be appearing on the The Daily Show with Trevor Noah on Comedy Central tonight. Check your local listings.

The show is on my DVR and I plan on watching later today. Kate is a good ambassador for the issues she believes in, women's basketball and dear old CU.

Back