What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are going to beat California

Our crew arrived in Denver late last night. You will see us - bunch of grey bears - wandering aimlessly around Boulder Friday evening.

If you want lively a conversation with a Cal Bear try discussing which (CU/UC) fan base hates Tex***** more. Cal fans feel that Mack Brown begged and pleaded the longhorns into the 2004/5 Rose Bowl at the expense of the Bears. To understand the insult, Cal has not played in the Rose Bowl in over 50 years. That 2004 Cal team was loaded - Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, JJ Arrington, Justin Forsett, .... Most Bears still call the Longhorn coach Mack "kneepads" Brown.

Hope for an injury-free game on Saturday.

/jabber

Our crew arrived in Denver late last night. You will see us - bunch of grey bears - wandering aimlessly around Boulder Friday evening.

If you want lively a conversation with a Cal Bear try discussing which (CU/UC) fan base hates Tex***** more. Cal fans feel that Mack Brown begged and pleaded the longhorns into the 2004/5 Rose Bowl at the expense of the Bears. To understand the insult, Cal has not played in the Rose Bowl in over 50 years. That 2004 Cal team was loaded - Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, JJ Arrington, Justin Forsett, .... Most Bears still call the Longhorn coach Mack "kneepads" Brown.

Hope for an injury-free game on Saturday.

/jabber

Welcome. I remember the angst surrounding that Rose Bowl. If I remember correctly Cal went on to lay an egg in the Holiday Bowl, but I added it to my list of examples of schools who perform poorly when disappointed in their bowl selection (CU/2001 Fiesta is on that list too).

Welcome. I remember the angst surrounding that Rose Bowl. If I remember correctly Cal went on to lay an egg in the Holiday Bowl, but I added it to my list of examples of schools who perform poorly when disappointed in their bowl selection (CU/2001 Fiesta is on that list too).

Nebraska in last years Holiday bowl. (yay we get to play a team we already pounded earlier this year, and we get to play again next year!)

Nebraska in last years Holiday bowl. (yay we get to play a team we already pounded earlier this year, and we get to play again next year!)

nebraska v. Georgia Tech after the 1990 season.

**** nebraska! **** Baylor too, while we're at it.

You are correct. Cal had earned the spot in the Rose Bowl with excellent play all year. Cal was 10-1 and the only loss was by 4, playing at #1 U$C. Aaron Rodgers set the all time record for consecutive completions in that game. Cal had the ball at the 15 with less than a minute left. A receiver slipped on the last play, the pass was on target in the end zone, but the receiver was a second late. The Trojans won a classic.

Honestly - Cal was not the same team at the end of the 2004 season. Both starting WRs were injured and gone for the year (Lyman -knee and Mcarthur - broken leg). Tx Tech could not stop the Cal runing game. Cal's passing game faltered. Rodgers was accurate, but our 2nd & 3rd string receivers dropped too many balls. You guys know how hard it was to stop those Mike Leach / Red Raider offenses. The Bears may also have been lacking motivation after the Rose Bowl snub. Gotta give Tx Tech credit - they beat an excellent Cal team in the Holiday Bowl.

nebraska v. Georgia Tech after the 1990 season.

**** nebraska! **** Baylor too, while we're at it.

yep, what is more impressive.

Colorado beating #3 undefeated Nebraska on the road after #1 Virginia had lost the same day.

or

Georgia Tech beating a Nebraska team at a neutral site coming off losses to CU and OU

and yes, **** baylor. **** jj joe and santana dotson!

You are correct. Cal had earned the spot in the Rose Bowl with excellent play all year. Cal was 10-1 and the only loss was by 4, playing at #1 U$C. Aaron Rodgers set the all time record for consecutive completions in that game. Cal had the ball at the 15 with less than a minute left. A receiver slipped on the last play, the pass was on target in the end zone, but the receiver was a second late. The Trojans won a classic.

Honestly - Cal was not the same team at the end of the 2004 season. Both starting WRs were injured and gone for the year (Lyman -knee and Mcarthur - broken leg). Tx Tech could not stop the Cal runing game. Cal's passing game faltered. Rodgers was accurate, but our 2nd & 3rd string receivers dropped too many balls. You guys know how hard it was to stop those Mike Leach / Red Raider offenses. The Bears may also have been lacking motivation after the Rose Bowl snub. Gotta give Tx Tech credit - they beat an excellent Cal team in the Holiday Bowl.

Actually, the Leach/Red Raider offenses was one of the ONLY offenses CU has been able to stop the last 5-7 years. Double Eagle Bear FTW!

Actually, the Leach/Red Raider offenses was one of the ONLY offenses CU has been able to stop the last 5-7 years. Double Eagle Bear FTW!

Tech was Ron Collins one and only bitch. The riddler may have even cliniced them.

yep, what is more impressive.

Colorado beating #3 undefeated Nebraska on the road after #1 Virginia had lost the same day.

or

Georgia Tech beating a Nebraska team at a neutral site coming off losses to CU and OU

and yes, **** baylor. **** jj joe and santana dotson!

The 1991 Citrus Bowl was played in Orlando, Florida - only 400 miles away for Georgia Tech, but almost 1,500 miles for Nebraska. I'm not sure how much of a "neutral" field it was for Georgia Tech.

Nebraska also lost their starting QB in the OU game, after the OU defense planted Mickey Joseph into a sideline bench in the 1st quarter. Nebraska's offense never recovered from the loss of Joseph.

Last week's game has me so discouraged, I can't seem to get up for tomorrow's game. I can't get Tyler Hansen's puzzled, defeated facial expressions out of my head. It's way too early in the season for this kind of piss poor attitude. Someone talk me off the ledge please.

Last week's game has me so discouraged, I can't seem to get up for tomorrow's game. I can't get Tyler Hansen's puzzled, defeated facial expressions out of my head. It's way too early in the season for this kind of piss poor attitude. Someone talk me off the ledge please.
10 years ago, CU lost to a WAC team, AT HOME, to start the season. The Offensive line was dominated by those WAC punks. They then went on to win a conference championship.

once i have consumed enough demon alcohol, i will be quite certain:

CU IS GOING TO ****ING KILL CAL

until then, i remain circumspect.

I definitely see CU winning the pac 12 this year. What happened ten years ago guarantees it! It's science.

Lemme try...

First of all, The O-Line will surprise, the coach knows all those Cal fans have been talking **** about him, he's pissed, he knows their defensive scheme, and he knows their players.

2. Speedy has his eyes on the prize of all time leading rusher and he knows his clock is ticking.

3. We can be surprisingly good at home.

4. The D-Line will have improved week over week against an undisciplined O-line who had not one, not two, but three back to back penalties called on them last week. Our speed on the outside will exacerbate this. It will also shut down their run game, which will turn their offense into a one trick pony, which takes us to...

5. Their QB, while talented, has been inexact with his passing. There will be 3 int's this game. Count it. 1 of them will be a TD.

6. Major owes me a good game.

Go Buffs!

Lemme try...

First of all, The O-Line will surprise, the coach knows all those Cal fans have been talking **** about him, he's pissed, he knows their defensive scheme, and he knows their players.

2. Speedy has his eyes on the prize of all time leading rusher and he knows his clock is ticking.

4. The D-Line will have improved week over week against an undisciplined O-line who had not one, not two, but three back to back penalties called on them last week. Our speed on the outside will exacerbate this. It will also shut down their run game, which will turn their offense into a one trick pony, which takes us to...

5. Their QB, while talented, has been inexact with his passing. There will be 3 int's this game. Count it. 1 of them will be a TD.

Go Buffs!

Quick, I'd edit this out for it might be a booster violation.

10 years ago, CU lost to a WAC team, AT HOME, to start the season. The Offensive line was dominated by those WAC punks. They then went on to win a conference championship.

And then the 2002 team lost 2 of their first 3 games including a loss to CSU and a blowout loss to USC, then only lost once more during the regular season.

Lemme try...

Go Buffs!

Thanks, brother... This, along with a couple jager shots at the 11am tailgate, will help me get into a proper gameday mindset.

Agreed on Major. I'm ready for him to live up to his billing.

Good afternoon buffs. I just slobbered down 3 Moscow Mules at the Breck Brewery in HiLo downtown Denver. I gotta hand it to you morons...you were right about the local female fauna. Would hit most so far. See y'all at the Sink and the Boulderado tomorrow. Hope you're drinking a lot too cause the Buff bitch slapping starts at 1:00 pm.

GO BEARS!

Good afternoon buffs. I just slobbered down 3 Moscow Mules at the Breck Brewery in HiLo downtown Denver. I gotta hand it to you morons...you were right about the local female fauna. Would hit most so far. See y'all at the Sink and the Boulderado tomorrow. Hope you're drinking a lot too cause the Buff bitch slapping starts at 1:00 pm.

GO BEARS!

Pix or GTFO!

GO BEARS!
Moscow Mule? Liver, smite this man.

GO BEARS!

Remember you are drinking at altitude. It's like drinking on painkillers, very fun!

GO BEARS!
Perfect timing! When you're done with that fantasy, you should come to the Bear beat down which kicks off at 1:30!

ps: What's in a moscow mule?

Back