What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are truly set up to shock people

Hawkins said prior to the camp that players would “have to earn the right” to have a Buff logo affixed to their helmets.

And Dan should have to earn the right to coach this once proud program in 2011. I say 9 wins, which includes a bowl win. He should have been fired after last year's performances.

Maybe he should have the logo taken off his stupid golf shirt untill he proves he can win more than six games.

Hey, everyone forgets what a rebuilding project this was. No way we would have been good in '06-08.

We didn't have the Offensive Hogs nor the skilled playmakers.

2009 - that was a bad job of coaching. Maybe it was an aberration. Maybe it's not. I like what I've seen of Kiesau's offense now that he's had a 1 year to learn on our dime, and he's got more than 1 threat at his disposal.

We will definitively know for sure, 1000% by early October. There is no point in burying the staff now.

Are you saying the place was burnt to the ground?

This staff should have been buried last year.....16-33 and what 2 road wins?

ncf_i_opelt_300.jpg

I get a bit of a kick out of people who still want to insist that we have competence coaching after last year's debacle.

Hey, everyone forgets what a rebuilding project this was. No way we would have been good in '06-08.

We didn't have the Offensive Hogs nor the skilled playmakers.

2009 - that was a bad job of coaching. Maybe it was an aberration. Maybe it's not. I like what I've seen of Kiesau's offense now that he's had a 1 year to learn on our dime, and he's got more than 1 threat at his disposal.

We will definitively know for sure, 1000% by early October. There is no point in burying the staff now.

This.

Look, I officially gave up on this staff (specifically Talkins) after the CSU game last year. But let's look a little further into how 2009 went down the tubes.

Talkin's predicts 10 wins (fact). Team develops an inflated sense of itself based upon Talkins prediction (assumption). For many reasons (most of which I blame Talkins for) we were woefully unprepared both mentally and physically, go out and get kicked square in the BALLS by our little brother, on our own field (Fact). Then we have to turn around and fly out to Toledo, with swollen balls, and play FIVE days later which, because of travel, created a practice schedule/week effectively shortened by 3 days. Still reeling, we get kicked in the balls again by the dip**** kid that lives down the street (fact).

Coming in to a season with that high of expectations, and then proceeding to fall that low in the first 6 days, I haven't witnessed any college football teams that could have recovered. Nevertheless a team that hadn't had a winning season since 2005. I blame Talkins for mentally setting the team up with false expectations (and many other things)....but DAMN, after we lost to the sheep, the deck was totally stacked against us to turn things around quickly.

We need to win a least 8 games for me to believe that this guy didn't totally lose this team after last year's "leadership" display. Anything less, and it is time to move on IMO.

DBT I sure hope you can come back and tell us I ****in told you so. I want to believe and I will be at the home games and take 2 roadies this year supporting the players. Here is my issue with expecting anything great out of this team.

From a realist point of view, we have to think based on Hawks inability to win on the road that these are loses: Cal, OU, NU. I know we play NU tough, but that is probably a loss based on past road experiences.

Next you throw in Missouri and Kansas on the road and you also have two more where we will be fairly good sized underdogs. Missouri and Pinkle have abused us year after year. KU replaces talent but we have not been able to win on the road.

That leaves 7 additional games. We will be stretched by Georgia and an udnerdog in that game.

That leaves 6 games. Hawaii basically replaces Wyoming from last year so we get a win there. CSU should be a win. They still do not know who the QB will be but they will be playing their Super Bowl. Say 2 wins with these 2.

Iowa St? They went bowling last year but let's throw them in the win column because it is a home game. That makes 3 wins so far.

Kst? Can Hawk out coach the old man?

Baylor has a great QB who will push us but again it is a home game so we will see. TTech? They have a much improved coach in Tuberville.

Here is how this adds up:

4 road loses - Cal, Missouri, OU, NU
3 home/neutral field wins - CSU, Hawaii, ISU
4 tough home games go either way - Georgia, Baylor, TTech, Kst
1 winnable but tough road game - KU

Do you really see this staff winning 3 or more of the tough home/neutral/road games? My heart says yes my head says no way. Hawk will not win all of the home games and we have a good chance of not winning on the road. Bottom line, I think we are looking at a new staff next year.

Back