What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to USC, UA, Okie Lite, Auburn, Da U, KANSAS, & NC State

giphy.gif

Our resident attorneys here might see it differently but I think Jurich knows he will never work again for Louisville. Lefty's comment about Pitino's letter is also probably on the mark.

This isn't about getting a job back, it is about how much and when the university pays these two to go away.

Our resident attorneys here might see it differently but I think Jurich knows he will never work again for Louisville. Lefty's comment about Pitino's letter is also probably on the mark.

This isn't about getting a job back, it is about how much and when the university pays these two to go away.
Precisely.

So, they aren't done. Who is next to get arrested and flip? How far will this go? Will they get Nike too?

Fun questions.

A lot of these coaches are not used to dealing with law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Wonder how many of them call their lawyers and decide to go drop on somebody else hoping to keep themselves out of it or at least minimize the damage.

A lot of these coaches are not used to dealing with law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Wonder how many of them call their lawyers and decide to go drop on somebody else hoping to keep themselves out of it or at least minimize the damage.
To put a finer point on it: they're not used to dealing with real law enforcement and real consequences. They're used to being kings of their fiefdoms and the "special relationship" with local law enforcement that goes along with that. Folks at the FBI and IRS aren't impressed or intimidated by them. Moreover, rather than their celebrity status protecting them it makes them more attractive targets because they'd be major trophies on the wall for federal investigators and prosecutors. Completely different ball game than their norm of dealing with the NCAA and campus police.

Here is the URL to an recent analysis of the NCAA/NC situation ... https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/sports/north-carolina-ncaa-academic-scandal.html ... In it they outline the defense that NC is putting up ... It was a scandal on the academic side and that the NCAA has no jurisdiction over it. It will be interesting the see how this plays out in reality when the NCAA report )and sanctions if any) are reported. This is way overdue in my opinion. Perhaps the NCAA is feeling the heat over being out the the picture in regard to the FBI investigations.

Yahoo article up with comments from Tad Boyle: https://sports.yahoo.com/coaches-sa...probe-incite-meaningful-change-131708543.html

Anytime a prospect’s family members or coaches imply that an under-the-table payment is required to become a serious contender in the recruitment, Boyle says he ends his pursuit right away. Boyle says he also typically stops recruiting a promising prospect if other schools with a reputation for cheating to obtain talent become involved.

“Every single year it happens multiple occasions, and it’s been that way for the seven-plus years I’ve been at Colorado,” Boyle said. “Every single year, multiple kids. We have to make those decisions pretty quickly because if you get too far down the line, you’re wasting a lot of time with a kid that’s not going to end up at Colorado.”

I'd much rather be a clean second tier team than a cheating top tier team.

Even if we hit a hot streak and get into the tourney a few years in a row and win some games this may be why we don't need to worry about losing Tad.

At a lot of the "traditional" powers cheating is considered part of normal business. I don't know that Tad would be willing make that compromise.

Back