What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to USC, UA, Okie Lite, Auburn, Da U, KANSAS, & NC State

So, I imagine that the NCAA will be extra tough on KU --- something like a mandatory reduction in the cheerleading squad size for the next three years.
That'll show 'em! Oh, the horror.
That actually made me laugh out loud just as Chief Justice Coats was walking by....

How the **** did we spend more than UNC?
DoBkbU7XkAIanZz.jpg:large

North Carolina doesn't have to really do a whole lot. Michigan State seemingly is in the same boat. Blue bloods that are getting top guys with probably a lot less work. Plus both those schools are in far more fertile recruiting grounds. We gotta travel a lot more for a lot of recruiting visits, I'd venture.

could you please post a link to the data instead of a screenshot? this really needs a bit more context.

Not questioning your credibility, but I can't help but view information with skepticism anytime someone posts an image instead of a link. Searching for "Novy-WIlliams Eichelberger 2011" didn't return anything on the first two pages of results. likewise an image search didn't find it on the first page of results.

and Seth Greenberg outspend the rest of the ACC public schools on his last year of recruiting?!?!?!

could you please post a link to the data instead of a screenshot? this really needs a bit more context.

Not questioning your credibility, but I can't help but view information with skepticism anytime someone posts an image instead of a link. Searching for "Novy-WIlliams Eichelberger 2011" didn't return anything on the first two pages of results. likewise an image search didn't find it on the first page of results.

and Seth Greenberg outspend the rest of the ACC public schools on his last year of recruiting?!?!?!

where the numbers proabably come from.
https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

and a similar article
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...cruiting-kansas-kentucky-louisville/24911927/

It's an image from that tweet thead. I just linked to that. Looks like Tante found it...

North Carolina doesn't have to really do a whole lot. Michigan State seemingly is in the same boat. Blue bloods that are getting top guys with probably a lot less work. Plus both those schools are in far more fertile recruiting grounds. We gotta travel a lot more for a lot of recruiting visits, I'd venture.
Except that KU and UK are the top 2...

Except that KU and UK are the top 2...

Those factors don't preclude other blue bloods from spending big. I'm just proposing that perhaps those 2 programs think they can recruit successfully without spending a bunch of $.

Those factors don't preclude other blue bloods from spending big. I'm just proposing that perhaps those 2 programs think they can recruit successfully without spending a bunch of $.
Fair nuf. I was honestly pretty surprised and the discrepancy between UKU and UNC/MSU. Just makes me think they're doing even MORE under the table to report so little...

Fair nuf. I was honestly pretty surprised and the discrepancy between UKU and UNC/MSU. Just makes me think they're doing even MORE under the table to report so little...

Also a completely reasonable explanation.

This is where I was going as well. What this report really shows, are the schools that are following the rules. Find a school like Colorado where the spend is high and it means they are following the rules and reporting. Find a school that is highly successful in recruiting that isn't reporting that it is spending much money and you likely have someone who isn't following the rules.

header-image.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We're just getting started ...

The Pac-12 was mentioned prominently Tuesday in the federal corruption trial against two former Adidas executives and a would-be agent.
The first whopper: Arizona planned to offer $150,000 for recruit Nassir Little.
The second whopper: Oregon was ready to offer an “astronomical amount” to land prospect Brian Bowen.
And that’s just what was presented by attorneys in the opening statements.
We haven’t gotten to the witnesses and the evidence, much less the other trials resulting from the FBI's sting -- those involving former assistant coaches at Arizona and USC.
It could be a very interesting few weeks for the Pac-12 in the Daniel Patrick Moynihan federal courthouse in Manhattan.
Reaction to the news:
• That Oregon is involved, to one degree or another, should come as little surprise -- not because of presumed guilt but because of its close association with Nike and its rivalry with Adidas.
There was no way Three Stripes, or former Three Stripes employees, wouldn’t somehow attempt to implicate the Swoosh.
Burn it all down, right?
That is, by the way, the strategy: The attorneys for the former Adidas executives aren’t denying that their clients committed NCAA violations. They’re instead arguing that NCAA violations aren’t federal crimes.
It’s a wise strategy, but one that could result in the unveiling of evidence against numerous coaches and programs not previously implicated in the FBI case.
Speaking of evidence …
• As part of its efforts to clean up the game and expose cheaters, the NCAA made a crucial policy change this summer: Any evidence or statements under oath in the corruption trial can be used by enforcement staff when it investigates rules violations.
If the father of Brian Bowen, for example, were to take the stand in New York and explain under oath that School X offered $100,000 for his son’s services, his testimony would be treated as if he said it directly to the NCAA.
• Oh, and yes: The father of Brian Bowen is expected to take the stand and has been granted immunity.
He could very well offer evidence that implicates a handful of programs, perhaps even a few in the Pac-12.
If your school has recruited a Lottery Pick-level talent in the past few years, be worried. Be very worried.
• Pac-12 basketball media day is next week. Sean Miller and Dana Altman are expected to attend.
If the opening statements in New York are any indication of what’s to come, the conference’s showcase preseason event could be swallowed whole by the corruption case, for the second consecutive year. — Jon Wilner.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Shoe companies know the only thing illegal they could be found guilty of is lying to the feds. So they’re being honest & throwing the schools under the bus with what will be an avalanche of NCAA violations.

Back