What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to USC, UA, Okie Lite, Auburn, Da U, KANSAS, & NC State

Private institution as well. So they won't have to report how much they are paying Eric Mobley, correct?

Hey, that scumbag Enfield figures if he can no longer pay families under the table, just do it in plain sight.
So much confusing from our conference these days. We have presidents who don’t care about maximizing revenue, but have no problem cheating (or getting as close to cheating as possible). The mixed morality is confusing. Plus, isn’t USC our flagship institution?

If we’re going to be “above” other conferences with our socially acceptable revenue goals, shouldn’t we also be better about cheating? I’m not a big fan of the PAC right now.

Actually, this is a brilliant tactic. Hire the kid’s father as an advisor, pay him whatever you want, then cut him loose when the kid leaves school. Everybody happy.

Actually, this is a brilliant tactic. Hire the kid’s father as an advisor, pay him whatever you want, then cut him loose when the kid leaves school. Everybody happy.

FWIW the process appears to have changed slightly.
Let me explain: for years and years, if you wanted to invent a staff position -- like assistant trainer or director of player personnel -- you could invent a staff position and hire basically anybody you wanted, which gave programs with massive budgets an advantage. But now a person connected to a prospect must be hired as a full-time/on-the-road assistant or else the school hiring him can't recruit the prospect with whom he's connected, meaning coaches are required to use an important position to make package deals happen.

There was an article that I read that the G-League player fresh out of high school has his living expenses taken care of so a salary of $26k/season isn't so bad after all and if you want a college education that is partially paid by the G League team, that player would be taking ASU online classes.

And the NBA is going to tackle this thing during the off season so the FBI case will still net more arrests that the Final Four is over and those individuals arrested will have to go through the NCAA to get re-instated. I think individuals instead of colleges will get the burnt of the punishment from the NCAA.

So is Sean Miller on tape saying incriminating things or not? He’s adamant he’s innocent while espn stands by the report. I’m surprised over a month later there hasn’t been more clarification. This is a factual matter. Either there’s a tape or there isn’t. Not sure why it’s so difficult to figure out what’s true.

So is Sean Miller on tape saying incriminating things or not? He’s adamant he’s innocent while espn stands by the report. I’m surprised over a month later there hasn’t been more clarification. This is a factual matter. Either there’s a tape or there isn’t. Not sure why it’s so difficult to figure out what’s true.

Yeah, there's got to be some kind of ambiguity here.

I expected him to be out at UA right after the season ended. The fact that he's not tells me that there's some question of his provable guilt.

That, and the fact that UA is a **** organization.

Does anyone really expect significant charges and sanctions to come out of this?

Does anyone really expect significant charges and sanctions to come out of this?
USC, the Wildcats, Cowboys, and Tigers will be hammered. I fully expect the Utica School of Commerce, Johnson & Wales Wildcats, McNeese State Cowboys, and Colorado College Tigers to be given death penalties.

With everything else going on at UofA its hard to believe the NCAA will just stand by.

Can we include Louisville in the thread title? Ricky P got caught cheating and still somehow almost got the Rhode Island job.

https://sports.yahoo.com/commission-college-basketball-recommends-sweeping-reform-125257033.html

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ollege-basketball-shares-recommendations-ncaa

• NBA should get rid of one and done rule. If not, all freshman made ineligible and lock scholarship for three to four years.
  • HS or college players should retain eligibility until they sign a professional contract.
  • Lifetime bans for cheaters and NCAA should outsource investigations.
  • Five year postseason bans for cheating schools.
  • NCAA should certify agents to work with players from high school to the pros.
  • School presidents should be forced to certify that their schools run a clean program instead of turning a blind eye to sports.
"The NCAA should require greater transparency of the finances of what it called non-scholastic basketball events and ban its coaches from attending those that do not comply with more stringent vetting, the report said. Such a ban could wipe out AAU events that have flourished in showcasing future talent." (ESPN.com article)

Last edited:
The NBA certainly can do away with the current draft rules since they have the G-League and soon all 30 teams will have their own teams. Let the kids who think they are the next coming of Michael Jordan throw their names into the NBA draft hat and see if they get drafted. If not, it's off to college for those kids. Couldn't have made any better sense in that case. Those kids will end up in the G-League anyway and it's up to the NBA to decide if first year players would be able to have those two way contracts or not.

Five year postseason bans would really bite and could even affect a school's conference membership since money is involved. This would be enough to keep presidents and chancellors up at night and be more serious about keeping their school's athletic programs clean.

The commission didn't address individual sponsorship deals with athletes which might mean the problem still would linger somewhat unless it's something that I missed in those articles.

Typical of NCAA to do nothing for long periods of time and just hope things go away.

Don't know what the feds are up to, had figured we would see some kind of legal process started by now. Are they waiting for the big splash moment or is their case so weak that they are trying to figure out how to get out of it without looking incompetent.

Meanwhile the game keeps going leaving some players in limbo like this one.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/star-r...al-finds-no-mans-land-ncaa-nba-012945296.html

Initially I didn't feel any empathy for him, the money came his way now he is paying for it.

Get an uneasy feeling though that the kid may have been a pawn in the middle of a bunch of greedy adults game. He isn't as good a player but his case may be a little like that of Connie Hawkins who took the fall for a bunch of others actions.

In the end my guess is that this kid ends up playing internationally at least for a couple years.

I know it is the off-season but this situation has seemed strangely silent for the last couple months.

Is the investigation still going on? Is the whole thing going to get shoved under a rug? Are the long time best cheaters going to get away with it again?

When this thing hit the press it seemed like something was finally going to clean up at least some of the worst cheaters but now we are hearing nothing.

I know it is the off-season but this situation has seemed strangely silent for the last couple months.

Is the investigation still going on? Is the whole thing going to get shoved under a rug? Are the long time best cheaters going to get away with it again?

When this thing hit the press it seemed like something was finally going to clean up at least some of the worst cheaters but now we are hearing nothing.
The FBI investigation is ongoing.

New report: Files in Cohen's office indicate that Manafort made payments - using Russian real estate funds - to Kentucky recruits on Trump's behalf. They also fixed several NCAA tournament games and paid off the refs in last fall's CSU/CU football game.
Great now we’ll never hear the end of it from the rammies.....

Back