What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to USC, UA, Okie Lite, Auburn, Da U, KANSAS, & NC State

http://usctrojans.com/staff.aspx?staff=230

Associate HC for USC.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/nation...ketball-coaches-arrested-in-corruption-scheme
Adidas director of global sports marketing for basketball Jim Gatto and Merl Code, the head of Nike's Elite Youth Basketball League also were named, according to Business Insider. They have been charged with "making and concealing bribe payments" to high school athletes and/or their families, according to Business Insider.

Is the dirtiness of club BBall teams about to come to a screeching halt?

Last edited:
IMG_1649.JPG

Certainly the Zona fans deserve an opportunity to hear the charges. And it's too early to know what nefarious shenanigans are alleged.

So this picture either is Zona's gift to the FBI or the FBI's gift to Sean "Don't Rush The Court" Miller.

Any word yet on which apparel company? USC, Okie Lite and Arizona are all Nike schools. Auburn is UA.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...asketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption
They were among 10 people charged in New York City federal court. Others included managers, financial advisers and representatives of a major international sportswear company. The details will be discussed at a news conference on Tuesday afternoon.

In court papers, prosecutors said the FBI has since 2015 been investigating the criminal influence of money on charges and student-athletes who participate in intercollegiate basketball governed by the NCAA.

They said the probe has revealed numerous instances of bribes paid by athlete advisers, including financial advisers and associate basketball coaches, to assistant and associate basketball coaches to exert influence over student athletes.

Any word yet on which apparel company? USC, Okie Lite and Arizona are all Nike schools. Auburn is UA.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...asketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption
They were among 10 people charged in New York City federal court. Others included managers, financial advisers and representatives of a major international sportswear company. The details will be discussed at a news conference on Tuesday afternoon.

In court papers, prosecutors said the FBI has since 2015 been investigating the criminal influence of money on charges and student-athletes who participate in intercollegiate basketball governed by the NCAA.

They said the probe has revealed numerous instances of bribes paid by athlete advisers, including financial advisers and associate basketball coaches, to assistant and associate basketball coaches to exert influence over student athletes.

Adidas.

I'm old enough to remember when I was a "shill" for CUMBB because I explained exactly why some recruits went elsewhere.

I'm old enough to remember Bobby Knight railing against stuff like this(specifically the shoe companies) in an ESPN interview back in the mid-90's when he was still at Indiana. The more things change.....

Last edited:
Well this is going to get interesting really fast. Directing payments to players or their families is an NCAA violation, if the Feds have enough evidence for arrests, the NCAA may not have many choices but to act in a very large way. Why oh why am I hoping for multiple death penalties here?

This might come in handy.

Notice-to-Vacate.jpg

I'm just gonna say it: just what the **** are the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office in the SDNY doing wasting resources on this investigation? Jesus Christ, I could personally point them to tens of bankers who need to be investigated and prosecuted and they're bringing this sort of bull****? Weak ****ing sauce.

Here's a true story about your law enforcement professionals: several years ago I represented a guy charged along with others in a trademark counterfeiting case involving clothing. Thing is, all of them were Lebanese and spoke Arabic . . . and there was a wiretap. This means that within 5 years of 9-11, the FBI was paying Arabic speakers to listen to a wiretap intended to investigate whether these guys were selling fake Polo shirts. ****ing idiots!

[/rant]

My son played for a club team. They were not sponsored by any shoe company. Watching from the outside how much those shoe companies put into 13U and 14U bball was pretty eye opening. I can only imagine what happens at the 17U level...

Back