What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 13 CFP Rankings: Where will CU land?

Where will CU be ranked tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good news is if Washington wins this week they should move into the top 4. If we get no help and beat Utah comfortably we could move up to 8. If that happens and we beat Washington the only way we aren't in is if Clemson wins out and Penn St/Wisc wins the Big Ten. Obviously that could happen, but that's our path.

I refuse to believe if we win the conference and do so by beating Washington that the comittee would rank Oklahoma over us. So if the winner of the Big 10 isn't PSU or Wisconsin that means we jump both of them, Washington, OU, and loser of OSU/Michigan. That gets us to 4...and that's if Clemson wins the ACC.

We need help, but not unrealistic help.

Let's take care of Utah first though.

Man, Michigan would really do the CFP committee (and every other conference other than a B1G) a major favor by going out and beating OSU. Really too bad they lost Speight.

Based on that, I think if comes down to CU or OU for the 4th spot... I think we've got the edge.

playing around with the 538 probability chart confirms we have the edge on ou in most every scenario. the big mover is michigan over ohio state. if uw beats wsu, enters the top 4, and we beat both utah and uw, i think we are in the playoff for sure no matter what the probability charts say.

Oh man is this fun! CU is getting credit for CU being ahead before Sefo went out against Michigan and not playing against USC. May be small, but they are seeing what the team is like with him in and the loses are not viewed quite as bad thru that lens. Just going to be such a fun couple of weeks. Let's go 1-0 this week! WTTF! #SkoBuffs

Based on that, I think if comes down to CU or OU for the 4th spot... I think we've got the edge.
Absolutely. Our issue if we win out is the Big 10 and Clemson

The crappy thing is if Penn St wins the Big 10, our 11-2 resume is better than their's (assuming we beat Washington). But because they are taking Ohio state if they win they HAVE to take penn state.

Need to expand it to 6 or 8 teams. Simply not fair to have an 11-2 conf champ with no bad losses left out.

Someone take pity on a dude that is stuck on his phone and supposed to be fulfilling parental responsibilities.

Paste the rankings or link to them, please!

People, CU has no shot at the playoff, just beat utah, win the pac 12 or a bowl game and be happy.

if uw wins and moves into the top 4 and we manage to win out and paste them (i know, not super-likely but possible), i don't think it will matter what happens in the b10. we'd have a very compelling argument -- a p5 10-2 league champ, with "good" losses. no upsets. not one. that's a better resume than any other 2 loss team in the hunt.

i have no faith they would rank a 11-2 colorado over a 10-2 ohio state. i think there is an sec/b1g blue blood bias factor that is hard to overcome.

Had to leave before the committee head came up. Did he talk about us not having Sefo? Did he also touch on the fact that Wiska, OU, and PSU have major holes in their resumes if you even take a little bit deeper look at them? Prob not on the second one...

if uw wins and moves into the top 4 and we manage to win out and paste them (i know, not super-likely but possible), i don't think it will matter what happens in the b10. we'd have a very compelling argument -- a p5 10-2 league champ, with "good" losses. no upsets. not one. that's a better resume than any other 2 loss team in the hunt.

Your logic is dead on. But under a scenario where Ohio State beats Michigan, and Penn State beats Wisconsin to win the Big 10 and Clemson wins out who do you have them leaving out to put us in?

i have no faith they would rank a 11-2 colorado over a 10-2 ohio state. i think there is an sec/b1g blue blood bias factor that is hard to overcome.
They can't take a 2 loss team that didn't even play in their conf championship AND finished with a loss. It's bad enough to take a team that didn't play in their conf championship even if they only have one loss...but you can't do it if they have two.

Your logic is dead on. But under a scenario where Ohio State beats Michigan, and Penn State beats Wisconsin to win the Big 10 and Clemson wins out who do you have them leaving out to put us in?

i'd personally leave out clemson but i think the committee will only take 1 of the b10 teams. someone is going to be pissed in the rust belt.

i'd personally leave out clemson but i think the committee will only take 1 of the b10 teams. someone is going to be pissed in the rust belt.
OSU is in if they beat Michigan. So unless you think they are going to leave out a team that won the conference AND beat the team that is already in (OSU) you're wrong. I agree, our resume is better than PSU, but the domino effect will get us.

I firmly believe you shouldn't even be eligible if you don't even win your division to qualify for the conference championship. That would solve an issue like this one.

Also need to go to 6 or 8 teams so there is room for every conf champ.

i vigorously and strenuously and utterly and totally and completely and unrelentingly and unwaveringly disLUKE this sentiment with the power and intensity of one thousand suns.

Whatever, it isn't happening, enjoy what is going on in boulder. The east coast bias is strong.

The ESPN guys kept making the argument that SC's losses were before Darnold. I know the one guy briefly mentioned Sefo being out for part of Michigan and most of USC, but when they really got into the USC love fest, they never brought it up. As a matter of fact, they praised SC for beating CU without mentioning they won by four at home against a Sefoless CU team.

But I'd be the first to admit that SC dominated the line of scrimmage and we did dodge a couple of bullets to keep it close.

The CFP Top 10 accurately represents the strongest conferences:

PAC12 - 2
BIG10 - 4
BIG12 - 2

ACC - 1

SEC - 1

A couple observations on these-I think the Rose Bowl would really like to have us if possible, and I think the committee is setting it up that way by putting Louisville right above USC. Would love an ND win over the Trojans though.

Secondly, I think we might be able to put the Penn State talk to bed for the time being. Matt Schick on Twitter said H2H and Conference championships come into play if the committee views Penn State and Ohio State as comparable. They don't, and I suspect that is going to be the first thing out of Kirby Hocutt's mouth if the Pac 12 winner (exception being 10-3 WSU) or Oklahoma makes it in ahead of a Big Ten champ PSU.

The ESPN guys kept making the argument that SC's losses were before Darnold. I know the one guy briefly mentioned Sefo being out for part of Michigan and most of USC, but when they really got into the USC love fest, they never brought it up. As a matter of fact, they praised SC for beating CU without mentioning they won by four at home against a Sefoless CU team.

But I'd be the first to admit that SC dominated the line of scrimmage and we did dodge a couple of bullets to keep it close.

CU came out flat against an inferior opponent on the road with its backup QB playing... and would have still won if not for a flukey catch by USC on an almost certain interception.

CU came out flat against an inferior opponent on the road with its backup QB playing... and would have still won if not for a flukey catch by USC on an almost certain interception.
Umm, yeah. That's what I meant.

Bingo, it seems many forget this fact. Cowherd thinks u$c rolled us.

Back