What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 13 CFP Rankings: Where will CU land?

Where will CU be ranked tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Last week's ranks and results:
  1. Alabama (11-0, won vs Chattanooga 31-3)
  2. Ohio State (10-1, won at Michigan State 17-16)
  3. Michigan (10-1, won vs Indiana 20-10)
  4. Clemson (10-1, won at Wake Forest 35-13)
  5. Louisville (9-2, lost at Houston 10-36)
  6. Washington (10-1, won vs Arizona State 44-18)
  7. Wisconsin (9-2, won at Purdue 49-20)
  8. Penn State (9-2, won at Rutgers 39-0)
  9. Oklahoma (9-2, won at #14 West Virginia 56-28)
  10. COLORADO (9-2, won vs #22 Washington State 38-24)
  11. Oklahoma State (9-2, won at TCU 31-6)
  12. Utah (8-3, lost vs Oregon 28-30)
  13. USC (8-3, won at UCLA 36-14)
  14. West Virginia (8-2, lost vs #9 Oklahoma 28-56)
  15. Auburn (8-3, won vs Alabama A&M 55-0)
  16. LSU (6-4, lost vs #23 Florida 10-16)
  17. Florida State (8-3, won at Syracuse 45-14)
  18. Nebraska (9-2, won vs Maryland 28-7)
  19. Tennessee (8-3, won vs Missouri 63-37)
  20. Boise State (10-1, won vs UNLV 42-25)
  21. Western Michigan (11-0, won vs Buffalo 38-0)
  22. Washington State (8-3, lost at #10 COLORADO 24-38)
  23. Florida (8-2. won at #16 LSU 16-10)
  24. Stanford (8-3, won at Cal 45-31)
  25. Texas A&M (8-3, won vs UTSA 23-10)
I don't think there should be much mystery tonight at 5pm on ESPN as the Buff should move up 1 spot to #9 with Louisville dropping out of the Top 10. There's an outside shot that OU and CU would jump the 2-loss B1G teams on the strength of beating ranked teams decisively while the B1G teams played cupcakes.

Beyond that, I'm looking to see whether USC jumps Oklahoma State and to see just how high Florida moves up. Also, will a 6-4 LSU still be in the Top 25? Will Wazzu drop out of the ranks? I'd think that Houston, VA Tech, North Carolina, Navy and South Florida would be the next 5 who could move in.

I also think we may see Stanford make a big jump this week with WVU and LSU likely dropping out of the teens (maybe Utah dropping into the 20s as well).

The BIG teams will stay ahead of us this week - they played cupcakes, but they treated them like cupcakes and took care of business.

I also think we may see Stanford make a big jump this week with WVU and LSU likely dropping out of the teens (maybe Utah dropping into the 20s as well).

I think they might be the best 3-loss team in the nation. I'd probably pick them in a neutral site game against either USC, Auburn or Florida State.

Only 2 teams in the top 10 won over ranked opponents...us and OU. I think we only move up to 9 but hoping for 8 based on what I just said.

voted ninth due to lack of respect we get. Truly think we should be 8th.
We'll be top 6 after this wekend

Good chance we sit at 10th with Louisville dropping, teams from 5-9 moving up a notch and USC jumping us for the 9 spot.

I think this will happen if CFP relies heavily on that stats. CU actually fell in defensive ranking (because we played an elite offense). WSU also fell a lot in offensive ranking.

Good chance we sit at 10th with Louisville dropping, teams from 5-9 moving up a notch and USC jumping us for the 9 spot.

I think this will happen if CFP relies heavily on that stats. CU actually fell in defensive ranking (because we played an elite offense). WSU also fell a lot in offensive ranking.

If we somehow get jumped, it will not be due to the playoff committee "punishing" us for that defensive performance on Saturday.

No. They watch the games and prefer advanced stats over simple rankings. CU's D was elite Saturday, as they choked out Wazzu and showed them their offensive season's worst performance. We'll be #8 maybe, but most likely #9.

If we somehow get jumped, it will not be due to the playoff committee "punishing" us for that defensive performance on Saturday.
Can't say staying put in rankings is same thing as getting punished. Doesn't seem 'fair,' but don't think 'fair' is a ranking criteria.

Also agree that we are an elite defense...but if they rely too much on advanced stats that is what happened. USC also gaining ground quickly in advanced stats.They just jumped us in S&P+, where we are now #14.

I don't see why USC would jump is in that case. OU and CU are the only two teams who got a ranked win last week

If Sefo can keep his play up the next 2 games, it could be huge for us beyond the obvious in game performance. The committee may well be convinced that the losses at Michigan and at USC should be discounted substantially due to his absence.

Can't say staying put in rankings is same thing as getting punished. Doesn't seem 'fair,' but don't think 'fair' is a ranking criteria.

Also agree that we are an elite defense...but if they rely too much on advanced stats that is what happened. USC also gaining ground quickly in advanced stats.They just jumped us in S&P+, where we are now #14.

I just think you are over-analyzing here. If the committee puts USC over us, it is mostly due to head-to-head play. I highly doubt the committee is looking at our win against Wazzu in ANY sort of negative light.

Whoever posted that negative Wilner thread need to recant immediately - I love this guy!

I did, and I wont. I take issue with anybody who puts Penn State in this conversation, him, Kyle Flood, Heather Dinich.......whoever. They don't belong, and if they ride OSU's coattails into the playoff, this system has major flaws. They've got one top 25 win, and it came on a blocked field goal. They were pasted in Ann Arbor. What other than that Ohio State win screams top 10 profile?

I did, and I wont. I take issue with anybody who puts Penn State in this conversation, him, Kyle Flood, Heather Dinich.......whoever. They don't belong, and if they ride OSU's coattails into the playoff, this system has major flaws. They've got one top 25 win, and it came on a blocked field goal. They were pasted in Ann Arbor. What other than that Ohio State win screams top 10 profile?

Who is being unfairly left out of the top 10?

He's got Penn State below us, so what is your beef exactly?

Back