What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 13 CFP Rankings: Where will CU land?

Where will CU be ranked tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
USC lost by 50 to start the year. I know it was forever ago and a different quarterback, yada yada... 1 more win in RS and division champs over them. I think we have the RB as long as we don't get pasted by UW, which we won't, hasn't happened all year. 3 spots ahead of them in the CFP as of week 13, that means 2 weeks to jump 4 spots. They won't gain more than one spot this week.

Last edited:
Let it play out. Committee tends to reward conference champs and teams that schedule a good non-conference. Committee also tends to take injuries into account (extenuating circumstances for a loss & whether a team is at full strength for the Playoff).

CSU win looks better after them whipping SDSU to finish 7-5. Losing at Michigan after having a 3rd quarter lead at the time our starting QB went out.

9 conference games when others only play 8.

Other loss on the road without our starting QB to a USC team that's likely around #11 this week (lost by 4 in that one).

Win at a 9-3 Stanford team that might benefit more than anyone from all the losses this week and should move close to Top 15.

Remembering that we will see at least 2 teams above us lose next week and only 5 of us will be P5 conference champs, I don't think CU is out of this by any stretch of the imagination.

(We really need to cheer for VA Tech and Okie Lite, though.)

Oh I'm with you. I think it is clear our overall resume is better (not even factoring in we are undefeated in games Liufau started and finished) than PS, Wis, and OU. However I don't think the comittee will have the balls to put OSU in and not the big ten champ.

Oh I'm with you. I think it is clear our overall resume is better (not even factoring in we are undefeated in games Liufau started and finished) than PS, Wis, and OU. However I don't think the comittee will have the balls to put OSU in and not the big ten champ.

I don't think they'll have the balls to put in a 2 B1G teams and deal with the politics from both the Pac-12 and Big 12 over both these conferences getting left out twice in 4 years. The entire playoff/ CFP arrangement requires buy-in from all the conferences for it to continue being a thing.

So what's the official procedure for the Rose Bowl? If CU loses and UW makes the CFP, is the RB obligated to take the highest ranked P12 team or is that more of a guideline? In other words, is it binary or is there discretion on who they choose of the P12 winner is on the CFP?

Precedent says they will take the next highest ranked team in the final CFP poll, however they have given themselves room to select another team if the circumstances are right.

I would just like to point out that the SEC only has 1 team in the top 10, while the Pac-12 has 3! (AP). What with their pansy ass and 8-conference game scheduling and whatnot.

This might be a crazy notion, but does anyone think they might drop OSU?

It would be really difficult to argue for, losing ground despite beating the #3 team in the rankings, but at the same time, they were also officially eliminated from the Big Ten race this weekend.

It would be really difficult to argue for, losing ground despite beating the #3 team in the rankings, but at the same time, they were also officially eliminated from the Big Ten race this weekend.
Nope. I think they're pulling a 2001 Nebraska bull****. And whatever it was that ended up with the LSU v 'Bama NCG.

I don't think this is crazy at all. The polls are just the committee's take on what has happened up to that point. They can't factor in conference titles until there are conference title games. IF (big if) that criteria carries the weight we speculate it does we will see some movement ahead with of us in a week.

I don't think they'll have the balls to put in a 2 B1G teams and deal with the politics from both the Pac-12 and Big 12 over both these conferences getting left out twice in 4 years. The entire playoff/ CFP arrangement requires buy-in from all the conferences for it to continue being a thing.
This is an interesting point.

Back